What Hasn't Been Used

TheDuke

Not excited about Avatarland at all. I didn't even see the movie, and it's not what I think of when I think "Disney".

Ride ideas for Disney movies without an attraction-

Bambi (shouldn't be a surprising choice given my avatar :) ) A dark ride with him could have been fun in Fantasyland. Sliding on the ice with Thumper, the forest fire at the end, exc. Although that's kind of similar to the Pooh ride.

Fantasia- It's visually referenced a lot, but a whole dark ride or thrill ride built around the Sorcerer Mickey segment could be fun. Or the mythology segment at the end.

Cinderella- I know Cinderella Castle kind of counts as an attraction, but it's surprising that there isn't a ride in Fantasyland. The vehicles could be carriages and you could ride to the ball and ten have a ball sequence where the vehicles spin around the room during the dance.

The Incredibles- This seems ripe for some kind of interactive motion simulator.

Inside Out- Ditto for above. Maybe with different guests being different emotions in the control room Mission: Space style.

spacemt354

Chili's
Not excited about Avatarland at all. I didn't even see the movie, and it's not what I think of when I think "Disney".

Ride ideas for Disney movies without an attraction-

Bambi (shouldn't be a surprising choice given my avatar :) ) A dark ride with him could have been fun in Fantasyland. Sliding on the ice with Thumper, the forest fire at the end, exc. Although that's kind of similar to the Pooh ride.

Fantasia- It's visually referenced a lot, but a whole dark ride or thrill ride built around the Sorcerer Mickey segment could be fun. Or the mythology segment at the end.

Cinderella- I know Cinderella Castle kind of counts as an attraction, but it's surprising that there isn't a ride in Fantasyland. The vehicles could be carriages and you could ride to the ball and ten have a ball sequence where the vehicles spin around the room during the dance.

The Incredibles- This seems ripe for some kind of interactive motion simulator.

Inside Out- Ditto for above. Maybe with different guests being different emotions in the control room Mission: Space style.
A Bambi dark ride would be so interesting to see! I'm surprised it hasn't been done before.

If Disney would be wiloing to let go of a classic, they could replace Space Mountain with an Incredibles rollercoaster similar to the Incredible Hulk at Islands of Adventure. They could even change the building to look like Edna's house. Sorry @spacemt354.

TheDuke

If Disney would be wiloing to let go of a classic, they could replace Space Mountain with an Incredibles rollercoaster similar to the Incredible Hulk at Islands of Adventure. They could even change the building to look like Edna's house. Sorry @spacemt354.

Ughh, please no. I guess theming it wouldn't be the end of the world (the one in Paris is going to get a Star Wars theme apparently) but they should keep the ride itself just the same.

TheDuke

Yeah that's fair. Maybe retheme Splash Mountain?

I'm really surprised Splash Mountain hasn't been rethemed after all this time given all the controversy surrounding Song of the South. I actually thought about that during my last trip to MK a few days ago. You'd need something that both involves water in some fashion and is fitting for Frontierland (so no Little Mermaid, Moana, exc). The only thing I could think of that might work is Pocahontas. But that isn't exactly their hottest property so I'd be surprised to see them retheme a ride around it.

I'm really surprised Splash Mountain hasn't been rethemed after all this time given all the controversy surrounding Song of the South. I actually thought about that during my last trip to MK a few days ago. You'd need something that both involves water in some fashion and is fitting for Frontierland (so no Little Mermaid, Moana, exc). The only thing I could think of that might work is Pocahontas. But that isn't exactly their hottest property so I'd be surprised to see them retheme a ride around it.
How about Princess and the Frog?

TheDuke

How about Princess and the Frog?

New Orleans isn't exactly the "frontier". Splash Mountain is a bit of a stretch too (it's in Critter Country outside of MK) since Frontierland is supposed to be Western themed, but at least that one's in a rural environment even if the region is wrong. I'd put a Princess & the Frog ride in Fantasyland at MK and then obviously New Orleans Square at Disneyland.

New Orleans isn't exactly the "frontier". Splash Mountain is a bit of a stretch too (it's in Critter Country outside of MK) since Frontierland is supposed to be Western themed, but at least that one's in a rural environment even if the region is wrong. I'd put a Princess & the Frog ride in Fantasyland at MK and then obviously New Orleans Square at Disneyland.
Fair enough.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Original Poster
In my opinion, I think a Zootopia dark ride would fit somewhere in DHS that uses a ride system similar to Monster Inc Ride & Go Seek at Tokyo.
I could actually see Zootopia being a pretty awesome ride in Animal Kingdom, using all of the different climate zones and such in the movie was such a neat idea. Not sure where it could go, but it'd be awesome to fit in that park.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom