What happened to Food Rocks at Epcot? (And the show before it as well)

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
That show would be a great pre show to pass time on the Soarin line even thou it has nothing to do with the ride. Heck with today's technology, that show can be performed in the center of the The Land where the counter service restaurant seating is on a small stage and still be a good show.

I still am up for the idea of creating a new version in the CoL theater!

Show...It was a show...

I think that's why Food Rocks was made...Considering the "Healthy" Alternatives to Good Nutrition...But, I'm still a sucker for the song "We Love Junk!"

I actually have a feeling that "Food Rocks" could have been JUST as good as Kitchen Kabaret if they didn't go cheap on the AAs..... Seriously, that was a first for Disney. The AAs were the least important part of a AA show? Wow. C'mon. The milk AA definitely stood out from all the rest! :p

The music was GREAT, the characters were PERFECT, every song in that show was catchy! :) The same goes for Kitchen Kabaret, but with a completely different style. I love Food Rock's parody of Rock n' Roller, it was pretty funny. And if you think about it, it could've been updated each year with new songs. Would've been cool.

But... we have soarin'. Not a bad ride, I just preferred Food Rocks. Should've just moved the show upstairs!

GrammieBee

We all know what happens to shows and attractions that are no longer with us. If they are not replaced with something new in the exact same spot, they are left to gather dust like old toys in the attic. It is less expensive to just leave them than to tear them out. It's amazing what you might find behind some wallls.

NMBC1993

I actually loved Food Rocks! To be fair, I was a young child when it first opened and my mother would always play 60's era songs in the car, so it just stuck with me over the years. It's funny, I started dieting recently and the motto I use is the same fundamentals presented in Food Rocks "Keep away from high fat. Have plenty of fiber, fruits, and vegetables. Exercise yes, Excess No.." So far I've lost 20 pounds, I guess that show taught me something useful after all :D

P.S. I've still not been able to confirm it, but I swear Jess Harnell played Pita Gabriel in the show. The same voice actor who voiced Br'er Rabbit and half the cast of Splash Mountain.

Last edited:

NMBC1993

I'm sure it is...Because during some parts of the song....I hear Wakko Warner...

Lol, I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought that voice sounded familiar:) To me, it sounds like Captain Hero is having a jam session about fiber:p

captainherodt1.jpg

WondersOfLife

Truth

Better idea....put a few sets in the food court, so they can serenade you while you eat, similar to Sonny Eclipse over at Cosmic Ray's.

While that sounds like an awesome idea, I like the center piece in there and the area gets too crowded for that I believe. o.o

Although I like that idea!! :3 What if they re-opened the WoL pavilion, still focused on health, and it would be in the center of that pavilion taking the place of those 3 theaters! :D

WondersOfLife

Well loved those shows as well, but the answer is simply......they needed the space for Soaring.

AK

They could've started the Soarin' queue at the Circle of life entrance and just gut that theater instead. Because between the two options, I'd prefer a AA show over a film.

"The CoL message still needs to be heard!" Well so does eating healthy!

Cmdr_Crimson

While that sounds like an awesome idea, I like the center piece in there and the area gets too crowded for that I believe. o.o

Although I like that idea!! :3 What if they re-opened the WoL pavilion, still focused on health, and it would be in the center of that pavilion taking the place of those 3 theaters! :D

IMO...Wonders should still be a Weather Pavilion...I wouldn't mind seeing this here..
Port%20Discovery%2008.jpg

And for the Centerpiece an Indoor Tornado..
4583321050_225ea61659.jpg

WondersOfLife

No..It's a ride that could be put where some vacated Body Probe Two Two Niner's could be placed...

tumblr_inline_mh8686Kr0H1qz4rgp.gif

Wonders of life just has a deep place for me and I'd rather them not screw it up more than it already is. I've never been a big fan of a weather pavilion. If you want a weather experience, innoventions has stormstruck. Not good enough? Universal has twister. Wonders of life had it's own very unique attractions.

WondersOfLife

No, they couldn't. There's the little matter of a boat ride in the way.

Gemini planned it this way though.

I'm pretty sure they could have just made the path go over it. Same way Space Mountain goes under the railroad. Yea money money money but at least these two shows were more appealing to me than circle of life. I like thinking the way I want to think. Don't come back at me with your fancy facts! :p-- jk

Communicore

I am not sure why the stage itself was not demolished. Were there gonna be plans for that space?
If they were to remake Kitchen Kabaret for 2014, will Ham and Eggz still be there? A lot of people now don't eat ham and eggs. Also cheese should be eliminated. Broccoli lives on however!

"Dairy, bread, and cereals, meat, fruit, and vegetables" is ancient lol.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom