What happened to Food Rocks at Epcot? (And the show before it as well)

Gullywhumper

Original Poster
I was just wondering considering the fact that the shows seemed to be perfectly fine.
I know soaring replaced it and all, but I'm still wondering why they took these shows out in the first place.
Couldn't they have moved them or something?

AndyS2992

It was just time for it to be replaced I guess and since TDO is cheap, if they want to put in a new ride another has to go unfortunately. I'm not sure if this is still the case but it was just a few years ago, Kitechen Kabaret/Food Rocks is still there hidden behind a wall by the Soarin queue line as seen in this photo just taken a few years ago:
DSC00129.jpg

DSC00130.jpg

Gullywhumper

Original Poster
Wow! I've never heard that before. It's cool to think that whilst waiting in the huge line for soaring I could be standing in the same exact place as Kitchen Kabaret/Food rocks! Also, someone told me that Bonnie Appetit's house was in CoP somewhere.

Gullywhumper

Original Poster
Wow! So they didn't change the line area for Soarin' what-so-ever? And looking at the specs for this, it could be possible that the show is still hiding behind a wall of some sort.

Gullywhumper

Original Poster
The stage area itself is still somewhat intact behind the wall as seen in the photos above mine. Most of the fixtures and details are gone.
Do you know what happened to the robots seen in both shows?
Did disney just trash them, or are they somewhere in the parks?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
It's good to see they cared a little bit about the old rides, enough to keep parts of it.
Not nearly enough sadly. It's costly and difficult to keep stuff just for keeping it. Luckily things have gotten slightly better over the last few years.

Aside from a small group of CMs who care, management mostly don't care. Things are ripped out, destroyed, left to rot, demolished.

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
I found this show to be more entertaining than Soarin...I still miss some Veggie Fruit Fruit..

Wow do I miss that show. I don't know why, but I'm a sucker for animatronic shows. Kitchen Kabaret was fantastic. I'm sure if they cared they could update a version of it to include the advances in current food science.
Of course you'd probably have people boycotting it now. Hamm & Eggs would be under fire from PETA. The bread group would be in question from the anti-gluten folks. The dairy group would be required to include a section on lactose intolerance...

Gullywhumper

Original Poster
Wow do I miss that show. I don't know why, but I'm a sucker for animatronic shows. Kitchen Kabaret was fantastic. I'm sure if they cared they could update a version of it to include the advances in current food science.
Of course you'd probably have people boycotting it now. Hamm & Eggs would be under fire from PETA. The bread group would be in question from the anti-gluten folks. The dairy group would be required to include a section on lactose intolerance...
Boy would it be good to see a updated version of this ride!

Cmdr_Crimson

Boy would it be good to see a updated version of this ride!

Show...It was a show...

I think that's why Food Rocks was made...Considering the "Healthy" Alternatives to Good Nutrition...But, I'm still a sucker for the song "We Love Junk!"

THEMEPARKPIONEER

That show would be a great pre show to pass time on the Soarin line even thou it has nothing to do with the ride. Heck with today's technology, that show can be performed in the center of the The Land where the counter service restaurant seating is on a small stage and still be a good show.

Gullywhumper

Original Poster
Show...It was a show...

I think that's why Food Rocks was made...Considering the "Healthy" Alternatives to Good Nutrition...But, I'm still a sucker for the song "We Love Junk!"

Sorry, I know it was a show, but I guess by accident I wrote "ride" on my post, sorry.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom