What free stuff have you ever got at Disney?

mergatroid

Original Poster
I'm aware that ultimately Disney make a profit out of you but what if any, 'free' stuff have you been given at Disney? Over the years apart from paper fast passes (issued after our AP had issues) or a couple of drinks I've had replaced after spilling them on the tray, the best thing I've been given was a free Rock n Roller coaster t-shirt. For some reason they were doing a promotion for something or other and set up a table out front of the ride and just started handing out these great black t-shirts with 'Alliance Tour' and a guitar on the front and tour dates on the back. They were really good quality too and today I'm sporting it hence me thinking about this thread idea.

So come on, what 'freebies' has anyone else been given?

Last edited:

mergatroid

Original Poster
A pin on July 4th.

That's pretty cool Martin (especially if you collect pins). Thinking about it last year we got given a couple of pins when we were leaving the MK. Mrs Merg had purchased a jacket from the gift shop at Space Mountain very early on in the day and the lady at the counter suggested that rather than carry it around for hours that instead she'd have it sent to guest relations (or the building next to it?) so we could collect it on the way out. When we picked it up the chatty older gentleman who worked there said "Here you go guys here's a couple of pins".

Whilst I'm aware we probably paid ten times more for the jacket than it probably cost to produce, it was still a nice gesture and made us smile and feel special for a minute or two :cool:. I'm also aware that Disney were probably laughing all the way to the bank and thinking "There goes another pair of suckers paying over the odds" :)

tor29c

In April, my party and I were comped 6 cocktails at Le Cellier because we had to wait about 45 minutes for our table to be ready. Only one person in my party was a bit grumpy about the wait but the rest of us joked about her complaining with the hostess. When our table was finally ready she told us the first round of cocktails was on them so we got 6 cocktails with the light up ice cubes which my sister uses frequently. Kind of fun!

Monkee Girl

I always felt Disney took care of us. We never complained either...it was just being at the right place at the right time.

I got a whole strip of stickers at the Poly once. I always wear my Peter Pan T shirt on arrival day and I was going downstairs to find my Aunt (she was driving in) and the CM loved my shirt so much she gave me an arm's lenth.

My cousin got her meal comped at a Character breakfast one year. She was talking to her waitress about firemen (my cousin's husband was one) and I believe the the CM's hubby was one too. so they bonded, lol

We also got a discount off on our Contemporary room stay was year because we came in from the park and my 3 year old cousin found a bag of pills under the bed. We called services to let them know and to apologize, I believe they took a night off. We didn't expect it or anything, we were more in the mindset that the cleaner didn't have her meds. But we were thankful.

crispy

When my oldest daughter was not-quite-three (we took her to MK for her 3rd birthday), she peed on my right in the middle of Carousel of Progress (even though I had just taken the little stinker to the potty). We alerted the CM about the mess while my DD was crying hysterically. The very sweet CM gave me a voucher for a free outfit for her to change into.

Last year, a great CM at ABC Commissary gave my girls one of the huge seasonal cupcakes because they were chatting her up while we were in line. That gesture made their night.

Goofyernmost

I got two free cookies at one of the quick service restaurants because I showed an incredible amount of patience waiting behind a couple that went through at least 6 credit cards before they found one that still had room on it for charges. I just smiled and said... I think mine will work. How do you do this without reaching out and strangling people? She didn't say anything, but, went to the counter and brought back some cookies.

The only other thing that I ever got, in abundance, were multiple blisters on my feet. No additional charge. Score!! :happy:

SAV

One time we were at a cart at MK getting the son a Mickey ice cream bar and I jokingly said "This is free, right?" And she said "Yes it actually is.". Another time we were at Epcot in World Showcase back by America and it started downpouring. The Poncho's were on and we kept walking. As we went past the Funnel Cake cart my wife pointed and said "Oooh I want one of those". The CM heard her, called me back and gave me one with another plate on top covering it. I put it under the poncho and we went to the overhang in Japan to enjoy our free treat.

coachwnh

When we were in Pizzafari this summer, the CM at the counter making our trays asked if the kids liked school. They said yes. She started asking them their favorite subnets and other questions about school. She walked away then returned with these.

IMG_1002.JPG

Turns out she was an elementary teacher for a local district. Very nice of her I thought.

Wags14

My son fell just outside of the dining area of CBR and bloodied up his lip pretty good, the CM's totally turned a scary situation around and made it a positive memory. They gave my son a Legend of the Conch Shell and story, a free 40th Anniversary Mickey and really took care of his wound. Two thumbs up!

Also, SotMK cards, shocked more people don't get these. My boys love these!

Last edited:

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Free tee-shirts after a tour group dumped soda on us because we wouldn't move so they could take our spots for the Spectromagic parade. We had been waiting there for awhile and they camped out behind and did a lot of stuff to make us move, we didn't and when the parade ended they threw soda on us. So a cast member was summoned and got us new tee shirts and took us to a VIP area for Wishes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom