What fee does the refrigerator at the Pop cost?

Spike-in-Berlin

We are planning our vacation at the World that begins in 4 weeks and includes 6 nights at the Pop and 4 nights at the Polynesian. We read in the official Disney-site that the refrigerator in the Pop costs an extra fee but couldn't find anywhere on the site how much this fee is. Does anyone know?

I like staying at the Moderates because there's a fridge in the room. Each time I book, the price difference between Value and Mod is only a couple hundred bucks (if that). Might be worth it just for the extra amenities, like the fridge. $12 + tax x 6 days is not much less than an upgrade. :wave:

Upvote 0
My husband and I stayed at POP this past May and we had a King bed room. Much to our surprise there was a small (very small) fridge in our room, in the TV and drawer console. We were not charged for this, but I suspect it was because it was a handicap accessible room.

Upvote 0

erstwo

Does anyone know what Disney does with the "items" that get left in rooms? (Lost & found type items?) Because you can buy a small fridge for about $60 at Wal Mart.

Depending on how long your trip is, and whether you are getting a rental car or not, this might make more financial sense. And if you have to leave it at the end of your trip, no problem as long as Disney donates them to a good cause? :shrug:

Just a thought!

Okay - duh! I've re read your post - sounds like, with 6 nights at Pop, you'll just break even, so might as well just rent from Disney and then look forward to your free fridge at the Poly!

Upvote 0

wylde75

I read a post somewhere on here on an idea that might work. Go buy a fridge when you get there at wal-mart for 60 bucks. The day you leave try to catch a family comming in and sell it to them for like 50 bucks. if they are staying for more than 5 days, its a bargain for them plus you get most of your cash back. Or if your feeling generous, just give it to a family:D

Upvote 0

CleveRocks

The refrigerator situation is not a rip-off. You know the cost in advance, you decide whether you're gonna pay for it or do without.

A rip-off is when a get surprised by a sudden charge or over-charge.

Upvote 0

goonie007

The refrigerator situation is not a rip-off. You know the cost in advance, you decide whether you're gonna pay for it or do without.

(rĭp'ôf', -ŏf')
n. Slang
  • A product or service that is overpriced or of poor quality.
  • Something, such as a film or story, that is clearly imitative of or based on something else.
  • A theft.
  • An act of exploitation.

Upvote 0

NedLand

I_detect_fail-1.jpg

Upvote 0

CleveRocks

All I can say is that on the urban East Coast streets where I grew up, a rip-off was an act of theft, a dishonesty, a bait-and-switch ... there was always some amount of deception.

And having spent some time living in the Midwest, I know there can be regional differences in the meanings of idioms.

The bottom line, what I'm trying to say ... I can't see getting upset or feeling indignant about something that is overpriced. You KNOW it's overpriced, there's no deception. Buy it, don't buy it, you have that choice ahead of time. I can't see compounding the problem by ripping-off the company by lying about a medical condition. Of course, it would be neat karma if you lied about a medical condition and then later in life actually develop that medical condition.

Upvote 0

NedLand

All I can say is that on the urban East Coast streets where I grew up, a rip-off was an act of theft, a dishonesty, a bait-and-switch ... there was always some amount of deception.

And having spent some time living in the Midwest, I know there can be regional differences in the meanings of idioms.

The bottom line, what I'm trying to say ... I can't see getting upset or feeling indignant about something that is overpriced. You KNOW it's overpriced, there's no deception. Buy it, don't buy it, you have that choice ahead of time. I can't see compounding the problem by ripping-off the company by lying about a medical condition. Of course, it would be neat karma if you lied about a medical condition and then later in life actually develop that medical condition.

Sorry to sic Maximilian on you.

Aside from the fussy semantics, I actually agree with you about lying to rip off (hope I'm using the term to your liking here) Disney. Perhaps the price of the fridge is so outrageous to compensate for individuals who feign an illness in order to get something free. Although I would never find it to be "neat Karma" if someone developed a medical condition.

I've seen a lot of histrionics around here lately about something people are calling an "entitlement mentality" that they believe is going to be the downfall of society. Cast members wanting higher wages, line jumpers, tour groups, people eating ice from a drink cart and even the notion that some of those Value Resort people might be swimming in their Yacht Club pool really gets their panties in a twist.

And here is a perfect example of someone giving advise to scam Disney to get something for nothing and I have yet to see anyone come in here with stories of how they were raised better than that.

Most interesting.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom