What does TDO have against Benches?

fillerup

Original Poster
So you can now walk from any Epcot resort and not encounter a bench until you get to the UK or France.

All the benches inside IG have been removed and you'll see the smokers sitting on the sidewalk and little kids lying on the ground.

Ok, I thought maybe these were moved to accommodate more seating elsewhere for F&W, but even the four or so permanent benches outside the gates were also removed. These were anchored to the cement and would have required some serious effort to get rid of.

This was obviously done for some odd reason as they were all in good shape and used by lots of people.

A small matter to be sure but I just felt like complaining about something this afternoon.

Goofyernmost

The removal of the benches in the smokers area I would guess is probably a passive aggressive approach to cutting down on the smokers. Yea, that will work! I can hear it now, someone that never smoked says... you know if you take out the benches there people will quit smoking. And somebody else that doesn't understand that type of addiction was craving a martini and just said, good idea let's save the world and remove them.

As for the rest of them, if you're sitting you are not spending besides that everyone should work to keep themselves in shape so that they don't have a need to sit anywhere. Almost the same reason as the above paragraph, but, I'm getting to a time where I may need to sit for a spell in order to enjoy my stay and still stay without the need for a scooter. (or maybe that is the reason, can't make any money without renting out a scooter)

Cmdr_Crimson

Dear god! Quick someone get Dave! He was the voice of reason for Benches in the parks on the HCOE Dvd Planner..
David-Wilk-Four-Day-Weekend1.jpg

For anyone who has not seen the awesome that is Dave..(And the hotness of Erin Cahill *Giggity) Enjoy one of the best planning Dvd's that came out..

Provocateur, Rancanteur, Plaisanter, du Jour
I am considering turning on GPS markers on my camera and taking pictures of benches. Then I can upload them to Earth/Maps for everyone to see a place to sit. Perhaps FastSeatPlus app could be a real money maker.....

*1023*

Goofyernmost

Dear god! Quick someone get Dave! He was the voice of reason for Benches in the parks on the HCOE Dvd Planner..
David-Wilk-Four-Day-Weekend1.jpg

For anyone who has not seen the awesome that is Dave..(And the hotness of Erin Cahill *Giggity) Enjoy one of the best planning Dvd's that came out..

That was the absolute best planning video that they ever produced. It came out about the time that I was planning to take my entire family to WDW. It was a promise that I made to myself years ago when I had to do everything on the cheap. So when my grandkids got to be at least 6 years old I took my Daughters, SIL's and grandkids to the "World". The grandkids watched that DVD over and over again. I still have it and when I want some good memories I watch it again myself.

wogwog

WDW is just expanding the policy of having minimal places to rest other than while eating. $$ It started at the MK. People complained. People kept visiting the MK. Disney will tell you it is for safety. Seriously, that is the response I got from guest relations many months ago at MK when I asked where the benches went.

Soarin2u

...oh is it all of Disney now? I can recall TDS have an extreme lack thereof... Not pleasant ontop of the cultural rule to not sit on the ground without mats/blankets.

harryk

Some people do need to stop periodically, especially people with breathing problems (which have nothing to do with smoking). A bench every now and then really helps. Not everyplace within the 4 parks has walls low enough to sit upon or walls at all. Possibly TDO wants to rent more ECV's to run guests over with.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
WDW is just expanding the policy of having minimal places to rest other than while eating. $$ It started at the MK. People complained. People kept visiting the MK. Disney will tell you it is for safety. Seriously, that is the response I got from guest relations many months ago at MK when I asked where the benches went.

Some people do need to stop periodically, especially people with breathing problems (which have nothing to do with smoking). A bench every now and then really helps. Not everyplace within the 4 parks has walls low enough to sit upon or walls at all. Possibly TDO wants to rent more ECV's to run guests over with.

Wrong Harry, no one needs to sit. It's too dangerous. See the above response.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
The real reason is the GM of the Yacht Club hotel is tired of seeing those loooosers who can't hold their food and wine booze and pass out on those benches. Now, there is no benches, and soon no more alcoholics who can't have fun in a Disney it's all for the kids anyway, park. It's called problem solving.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom