What does Epcot need to get more attention?

JIMINYCR

A director of parks who cares, a multi million budget to spend, a couple new countries, a couple new rides, some better entertainment and SHAZAAM...its fixed.

copcarguyp71

I love Epcot, but I'd love to see a ride or two more in World Showcase. Journey could use some love. Spaceship Earth needs some attention and maybe get rid of Ellen and re theme it. Really should put something back in Wonders. Other than that Future World just needs some love to. Just a few things and Epcot would be an amazing park but like I said I love it now so

For a $100 entry that is a lot of attention that needs to be tended to...
Also, empty Odyssey building, upstairs of Journey, inoperative focal point fountain under SSE, Captain EO being dredged up from the 80's can go anytime soon too IMO. Bringing a new country (or two) into WS would not make me all too unhappy either.

That is quite a bit for a world class attraction park but because I love my memories of the park from the 90's maybe I am overly critical of what it is today...

Doodlyday

I love it for what it is, but can't wait until they switch out the Soarin' movie. Another thing they could do, if possible, is make another theater to increase capacity, though I'm not sure if there's enough space.

JohnD

I love it for what it is, but can't wait until they switch out the Soarin' movie. Another thing they could do, if possible, is make another theater to increase capacity, though I'm not sure if there's enough space.

A third theatre is definitely a "go." In fact they have room for two more theaters. The plan is to show "Soarin' Around the World" with random scenes but to always end at Epcot. Similar to Star Tours, the random scenes will makes people want to ride multiple times. So they'll need extra capacity.

Clamman73

For a $100 entry that is a lot of attention that needs to be tended to...
Also, empty Odyssey building, upstairs of Journey, inoperative focal point fountain under SSE, Captain EO being dredged up from the 80's can go anytime soon too IMO. Bringing a new country (or two) into WS would not make me all too unhappy either.

That is quite a bit for a world class attraction park but because I love my memories of the park from the 90's maybe I am overly critical of what it is today...
Is the fountain in front of SSE still not working?

copcarguyp71

Was not when we were there last. I guess I should not make that gross generalization but MANY water features were DOA when we were there last Sept...which reminds me, I forgot to mention all of the jets in the Fountain of Nations...those have been failing at an alarming rate.

HyppyChick

While I adore World Showcase, it's always been weird that there wasn't a representative from South America.

FW is fun for the kids and but I mostly like it for the air conditioning. Misson: Space makes my head hurt and I can't ride Test Track because of a neck injury. Soarin' isn't all that exciting to me. So for me, it's walk and shop and look. Not that there's anything wrong with that but it would be cool if there were updates to Innovations.

wdwfan4ver

That's true but let's face it: it will be. Any ride from one of the most popular Disney movies ever will trump a random little boat ride any day. I liked Maelstrom but the branding of the movie alone will help. How many little kids are going to say "let's go ride Frozen!" and prob want to go first thing in the day vs. "can we ride that boat ride in Norway?" It's going to get more people's attention even teens and adults who love the movie.
True enough. The thing is how many people are facing Frozen overkill right now. I am mentioning overkill because the amount of things Disney has been using Frozen for in their theme parks or it on television.

THEMEPARKPIONEER

All I can say is that if there going to make a frozen ride they have to improve and restore future world, make it more impressive. It would be a golden opportunity to promote a future world in its original glory because these guests would be looking for other things to do while there there or waiting for their fast pass and it would promote how great those attractions really are and would totally skyrocket the epcot attendance. Imaging how it would be if these families were to see the original Journey into Imagination and Wonders of life. I lien back then where parents just didn't even bother taking there kids there with the frozen attraction they would have filled up. When these guests grow out of the frozen ride there gone.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Problem with Energy is that even if you update all the film footage and dioramas, you're still riding a slow-moving 45-minute ride past films about science. That's great for some people (and certainly how I'd like it to stay), but short of gutting it and converting it into a new ride a la Test Track, there will always be people that fall asleep in there. :(

Epcot is the one theme park that really needs a nap-attraction, though... I believe the only updating they should do there is add cushions to those seats!! Especially after a full walk around World Showcase.. :cool:

JK though, that's my favorite attraction in the whole park. Yet I'd rather see it go than stay in its current shape.

ArtificialArtist

I have to resist the urge to write a whole book right now..

..ok Epcot needs so many things, i wouldn't even know where to start.
A revised "back-to-the-roots-with-sparkly-sprinkles-on-the-top" concept would help a lot in the first place.
A creative team truly devoted to said concept and the park's ideologies would help it further.
I don't know who's been in the creative team for Epcot for the for the past decade up to now, but i do know they are digging for coal where there's diamonds hanging form the trees.. they really have no concept of the potential that Epcot really has.

wdwfan4ver

Just say all four parks need a $2 billion dollar each makeover and be done with it.
What lands you really thank Magic Kingdom needs a makeover since you really think MK needs a 2 billion dollar?

I am asking this because Magic Kingdom to me doesn't need 2 billion dollars for a makeover. Disney does need a replacement for the Mainstreet Electrical parade. Tomorrowland also does need a makeover, but it isn't realistic that 2 billion dollars would be spent on Tomorrowland. Rest of of the Magic Kingdom really doesn't need a make over unless it is for adding attractions for Adventure land like it once was.

EnergyKing

They need to:
1) Get rid of Ellen and make that ride what it once was. Either that or just kill it.
2) Turn Mission:Space into an actual meaningful ride.
3) Get rid of Test Track. It's an insult to the human intellect.
4) Make Soarin' actually make sense within the context of the park. Or get rid of it.
5) Get rid of Figment. No longer relevant.
6) If Captain EO's still rocking out that needs to go too.
7) Find a way to stop the Frozen ride and instead put a bigger drop on Maelstrom. That alone will save the ride for the philistines.
8) Add another damn ride to the World Showcase. Anything. A Ferris Wheel. Whatever.
9) Haunted WW2 ride in Germany. Just Kidding! I'd say a Pinnochio ride in Italy. Or maybe something in Great Britain, some kind of Dickensian dark ride.
10) Oh yea...Nemo? Please do something actualy worthwhile in this Pavilion.

Pros:
1) The booze in the World Showcase, as far as I'm concerned, is the most exciting thing besides the scenery.
2) Spaceship Earth has not been tainted yet.
3) The Land is the 2nd best ride...how the hell did this happen?
4) For some reason I still have a great time here despite all the egregious mistakes they continue to make.

DisneyJunkie

What Epcot can really and truly use is fresh thinking and new ideas. Innoventions needs to go and that space better utilized with something that will stay current and of interest to the general public. Future World is a mess that just keeps getting little band-aids put on it here and there that does too little to be of major value (TT 2.0, for instance). FW also has the problem of wasted, unused space (WoL, Odyssey Restaurant), and some space that is used can be considered wasted many times over (the entire Journey into Imagination pavilion). As far as WS is concerned, additional country pavilions could help, and so could adding more rides into the existing ones as well.

Launchpad McQuack

They need to:
1) Get rid of Ellen and make that ride what it once was. Either that or just kill it.
2) Turn Mission:Space into an actual meaningful ride.
3) Get rid of Test Track. It's an insult to the human intellect.
4) Make Soarin' actually make sense within the context of the park. Or get rid of it.
5) Get rid of Figment. No longer relevant.
6) If Captain EO's still rocking out that needs to go too.
7) Find a way to stop the Frozen ride and instead put a bigger drop on Maelstrom. That alone will save the ride for the philistines.
8) Add another **** ride to the World Showcase. Anything. A Ferris Wheel. Whatever.
9) Haunted WW2 ride in Germany. Just Kidding! I'd say a Pinnochio ride in Italy. Or maybe something in Great Britain, some kind of Dickensian dark ride.
10) Oh yea...Nemo? Please do something actualy worthwhile in this Pavilion.

Pros:
1) The booze in the World Showcase, as far as I'm concerned, is the most exciting thing besides the scenery.
2) Spaceship Earth has not been tainted yet.
3) The Land is the 2nd best ride...how the hell did this happen?
4) For some reason I still have a great time here despite all the egregious mistakes they continue to make.

Regarding #3, #4 and #7... In order to bring more attention to the park, you would get rid of (by far) it's two most popular attractions and revive the one that served as an afterthought to most guests (before it was announced to be closing; then it all of a sudden became everyone's favorite)?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom