What Does Each WDW Park Need?

mahnamahna101

Original Poster
What's your top 10 for each WDW park's needs?

For me

MK
  1. Tomorrowland revamp (Stitch replacement, Laugh Floor relocation/replacement, Buzz replacement, something between Space and CoP, PeopleMover and CoP upgrades, Speedway removal for expansion behind Space/Speedway)
  2. Frontierland expansion (beyond Splash/Big Thunder bottleneck)
  3. New pathway between Frontierland expansion and Liberty Square
  4. Adventureland expansion
  5. Relocation of Magic Carpets (to Agrabah mini-land)
  6. Placemaking/cohesion for Fantasyland
  7. Phase 2 of New Fantasyland
  8. More Streetmosphere
  9. Restoration of closed locations
  10. More benches/tables throughout the park
Epcot
  1. Replacement for WoL (Adventures Through Inner Space family dark ride, Inside Out suspended indoor coaster E-ticket, new show, interactive exhibits)
  2. Imagination revamp (new show to replace Captain EO, new, expanded trackless dark ride starring Figment and the Dreamfinder, second level of ImageWorks upgraded/reopened)
  3. Weather pavillion between The Land and The Seas
  4. front area upgrades (SSE, Ellen, Innoventions)
  5. Land revamp (upgrades for LwtL, Circle of Life replacement, new show to replace Kitchen Kabaret)
  6. D-ticket for Germany
  7. E-ticket for Japan
  8. C-ticket for UK
  9. New country for World Showcase
  10. E-ticket rapids ride for Canada (to hide Soarin' show building)
DHS
  1. Pixar Place expansion
  2. Star Wars Land
  3. Indiana Jones E-ticket to replace stunt show
  4. Muppets mini-land
  5. GMR upgrade
  6. no closed locations
  7. Sunset expansion (trackless dark ride by ToT, Fantasmic upgrades)
  8. B&TB/Mermaid replacements
  9. Toontown takes over Animation Courtyard/space between Animation and RnRC
  10. RnRC retheme/upgrade
DAK
  1. Fixing the Yeti
  2. Fixing the Tree
  3. Reopening of the Discovery River Cruise
  4. Pandora Phase 2 (speedbike coaster and flat ride)
  5. family dark ride in Asia
  6. indoor family coaster in Africa
  7. Dinoland revamp/expansion
  8. Finding Nemo replacement
  9. Kali River Rapids overhaul/expansion
  10. New land (South America)

Flippin'Flounder

Like a Rhine River Cruise, or a Mt. Fuji E-ticket, or a Matterhorn clone, or a trackless dark ride to revitalize Imagination, or a WoL replacement, or a massive upgrade for Ellen, or a new country, or that Canada river rapids ride, or a Weather pavillion between Land and Seas, or a Nemo retheme/revamp, or a...

Whoa... Epcot seems to lack appealing people-eaters ;)

brb1006

While not a top 10, I got two for Epcot.

Epcot:

If Soarin ever gets replaced by a different attraction in the future. It might be a great time for it be re-themed to The Rescuers. But this time with a plot, and special effects such as water effects,wind blowing, and you're vehicle shakes when you pass by dangerous obstacles. It can also be a continuation to Rescuers Downunder and you're host for the attraction is Ms. Bianca. Hopefully this might reintroduce more guests to The Rescuers and Rescuers Downunder. There is also alot of flying scenes in the first and seconds films for The Rescuers.

I think the France Pavilion could have it's own indoor show which stars Marie and her brothers Toulouse and Berlioz educating guests about the history of french art and music. The show queue can play music from The Aristocats ("Everybody Wants To Be A Cat" and "Scales And Arpeggios" for example).And their mother Ducchess can narrate and explain to guests about the history of music. Like I mentioned above, this can be a reintroduction to characters from The Aristocats. It can also have air conditioning once you go inside. In the same building as the show, you can find tons of Aristocats merchandise and a nearby meet and greet area for Marie,Toulouse,Berlioz,Ducchess, and Edgar. I'm currently trying to imagine a perfect stage area (It could either take place inside their owner's room where the cats live or in the roof where they meet the Scat Cats)

Last edited:

brb1006

"Tomorrowland revamp (Stitch replacement)"

That reminds me of an April Fools joke where the attraction was supposed to be replaced by Olaf from Frozen.
MK_OLAF-ESCAPE2-640x359.jpg

MK_OLAF-ESCAPE1-640x360.png

wdwfan4ver

Not all WDW theme parks need 10 things.

Magic Kingdom
  1. Tomorrowland revamp - (Stitch replacement, Laugh Floor relocation/replacement, Buzz replacement, something between Space and CoP, PeopleMover and CoP upgrades.
  2. Beauty and the Beast Ride
  3. Frozen land where Tomorrowland Speedway is.
  4. New night time Parade
  5. Fireworks show to replace wishes after I saw Disneyland Forever Fireworks on youtube.
  6. 1 more table service
Epcot
  1. Wonders of life needs to be turned into a new Pavilion
  2. Imagination Pavilion needs a revamp
  3. Innoventions as a whole needs to be redone
  4. Universe of Energy needs a revamp
  5. Frozen attractions needs to be gone from Norway. The description the ride doesn't have any connection to Norway at all.
  6. Odyssey building being open to the public full time as a counter service.
  7. Rhine River Cruise ride
  8. Bullet Train Japan Attraction
  9. Brazil Pavilion that includes Amazon River ride
  10. Illumination changes
DHS
  1. Streets of America Going away
  2. Pixar Place
  3. Star Wars Land
  4. Super Hero Land - has Guardians of the Galaxy and Big Hero 6
  5. No closed buildings
  6. Fantasmic upgrades
  7. Shows replacing Voyage of the Mermaid and Beauty and the Beast live on Stage
AK
  1. Fixing the Yeti
  2. Replace Chester and Hester with an Ice Age period area
  3. Beastly Kingdom
  4. Kali River Rapids redo

Last edited:

DisneyManOne

While not a top 10, I got two for Epcot.

Epcot:

If Soarin ever gets replaced by a different attraction in the future. It might be a great time for it be re-themed to The Rescuers. But this time with a plot, and special effects such as water effects,wind blowing, and you're vehicle shakes when you pass by dangerous obstacles. It can also be a continuation to Rescuers Downunder and you're host for the attraction is Ms. Bianca. Hopefully this might reintroduce more guests to The Rescuers and Rescuers Downunder. There is also alot of flying scenes in the first and seconds films for The Rescuers.

I think the France Pavilion could have it's own indoor show which stars Marie and her brothers Toulouse and Berlioz educating guests about the history of french art and music. The show queue can play music from The Aristocats ("Everybody Wants To Be A Cat" and "Scales And Arpeggios" for example).And their mother Ducchess can narrate and explain to guests about the history of music. Like I mentioned above, this can be a reintroduction to characters from The Aristocats. It can also have air conditioning once you go inside. In the same building as the show, you can find tons of Aristocats merchandise and a nearby meet and greet area for Marie,Toulouse,Berlioz,Ducchess, and Edgar. I'm currently trying to imagine a perfect stage area (It could either take place inside their owner's room where the cats live or in the roof where they meet the Scat Cats)

EPCOT, I think, is starting to suffer because Disney is dumping all their IPs into the pavilions that don't even need them (Nemo at The Seas, The Three Caballeros in Mexico, and now Frozen in Norway). So, with that said, what does "The Rescuers" have to do with the agricultural focus at The Land? And The Aristocats attraction in France, I think wouldn't work well.

JasonDeyoung

Epcot - I'd like to see Future World updated to what it's suppose to be. I'd like WoL other removed or redone into a new attraction. Waste of great space. UoE needs a full refurb of some sort. I wish they'd re open the imagination pavilion up stairs and redo figment and maybe redo the seas w nemo into something more like it use to be. WS I actually love as is (minus Frozen). I wish there was more rides but I prob wouldn't touch WS.

DHS - Enough said on that

AK - I'll wait till Avatars done to see what's needed. Obviously more rides are needed.

MK - I agree TL needs a refreshing. Get rid of stitch and laugh. Can't stand either. Fix the problems that have been going on forever. Updates on the rides would be nice like potc, btm etc

FigmentForver96

Hmmm while being slightly realistic...
Mk:
1. Replacement of stores of Main Street...Cinema, Tony's.
2. Space Mountain updates (Major updates)
3. Stitch replacement
4. Monster Inc. Laugh Floor replacement.
5. Updated COP.
6. Personally I would like to see Buzz leave and be replaced.
7. Tomorrowland thematic changes.
8. Removal of Speedway with either new Fantasyland land or Tomorrowland section.
9. New attraction between Space Mountain and COP, or even move COP and use the space AND the building.
10. Removal of Aladdin Spinner
11. Long term would be something near Jungle Cruise for expansion, and some form of update to Tom Sawyer Island.

EC:
1. Update to Universe of Energy
2. Update to Living with the Land
3. Update to Captain EO
4. Update Journey INTO Imagination
5. Update The Living Seas
6. Update pretty much all of Communi....I mean Innovations.
7. New ride in Germany, but of course that means removing the restaurants.
8. Reopen Wonders of Life
9. New films in China, France and Canada.
10. Updates to Mexico and Norway rides
11. Long Term would be Mission:Space update, two or three new countries and some form of new attraction for UK and Italy.

HS:

1. Rockin Roller Coaster retheme
2. Replacement for Beauty and the Beast
3. Replacement for Little Mermaid
4. Removal of Indiana Jones for new ride.
5. Use of Sounds Dangerous theater for new attraction.
6. Land behind Star Tours used for new attraction.
7. Muppet Studio replaced.
8. Lights! Motor! Action removed and replaced with Pixar expansion.
9. Studio 1 and surrounding area given new Pixar theming.
10. Great Movie Ride Updates....yes new scenes.
11: Long Term would be Fantasmic updates, Art of Animation Updates, and some new form of daytime entertainment.

AK:

1. Dino-Rama replacement
2. Dinosaur updates
3. Tough to be a Bug replacement
4. Kail River Rapids extension
5. EE updates.
6. FN:TM replacement.
7. Land North of Kali used.
8. Rafikis Planet Watch majorly updated or replaced.
9. Festival of the Lion King Updates
10. Long Term would be another expansion further north with more rides.

Water Parks can use some more slides and some slides replaced too.

DSquared

Ak needs to remove some trees. The hub looks like what the land it was built on looked like. I can barely see the tree most of the time.

jbphotos

I think all characters from movies should stay out of the parks except in fantasyland & Hollywood studios.
like replace stitch by bringing back alien encounter but have both theaters operating at the same time, one featuring a new unique character that is more tame & in the other the original attraction so it has something for everyone but also let's be real stitch is the only attraction in tomorrowland that fits the theme currently yet everyone hates on it the most.....
originality is what made Disney special stop incorporating every single successful movie into attractions. merchandise, meet & greets, and entertainment are fine but I don't think characters should have their own ride unless in fantasyland or Hollywood studios. splash mountain is excluded tho and the idea of inside out taking over wonders of life. -this does not include avatarland because that is within its own section not combining with something completely different even tho beastly kingdom should be revived-

DisneyJunkie

Nice question; looks like you've definitely given it some thought. Let's see what I contribute here, park by park:

Magic Kingdom
  • Institute some form of TTA-like option OR moving walkway in various areas that would serve to save guests on some walking and might be another "get off your feet for a bit" attraction. For instance, a moving walkway from Liberty Square (on the right-hand side facing Frontierland) that extends to somewhere around Pecos Bill's. A TTA-like option going through Adventureland from near Pecos Bill's (across the walkway, not up against it) to just past Swiss Family Treehouse. Maybe another moving walkway from near Tomorrowland Speedway up to Storybook Circus.
  • Remove the Tomorrowland Speedway altogether and re-imagine the usage of that space. Portion out that large space and use a section of it closest to Cosmic Rays and the Space Mountain/TTA side to put in maybe 2 new tomorrow/future/space travel attractions. Use another section and tie it in to the existing Fantasyland by adding dark ride attractions based on Alice in Wonderland (similar to Disneyland's, and requiring the re-theming of the existing teacups ride), Frozen (which means giving us back Maelstrom and putting a Frozen attraction where it really belongs), and perhaps Big Hero 6 or a returning Mr. Toad's Wild Ride. OR.....since the speedway is so popular, it could just be downsized and re-themed to Fantasyland by making each car themed after various animated Disney characters - Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Daisy, Goofy, Genie, Aladdin, Robin Hood, Tarzan, etc.
  • Have the WDW Railroad change direction and go counter-clockwise around the park periodically. It might require adjusting some of the features along the way, but sometimes giving people a new perspective on an existing attraction can be a small, but relatively nice change of pace.
Just some things that came to mind.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom