What do you want me to do next?

What would you like to see in my next dream resort?

• Originality: 95% original lands, attractions, and so on, little to no clones, a la Shanghai.

Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Clones: Nothing but clones with slight revisions, a la Tokyo.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Unique Twists: Unique twists on a large scale to classic attractions and lands.

Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Half in Half: 50% originality, 50% clones; the clones of course will have changes.

Votes: 12 57.1%
  • Other: Specify

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
As of this past Sunday, the poll has closed! The winner is Half and Half with 12, with Originality coming in second with 10. That being said, I will find a happy medium between the two as it was such a close call. Expect to see my next project in January, 2016, maybe sooner. :) Thank you for your advice.

The90skid

As of this past Sunday, the poll has closed! The winner is Half and Half with 12, with Originality coming in second with 10. That being said, I will find a happy medium between the two as it was such a close call. Expect to see my next project in January, 2016, maybe sooner. :) Thank you for your advice.
Feel free to use any of my ideas in your park. Looking forward to it!

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
Hello, all!

My project is underway and has been now for quite awhile. As these things take time to put together, I have been tirelessly working on making the best project that I possibly could at this point in time. I'm hoping to begin posting by the end of this month, the beginning of February, or mid-February at the absolute latest. Thank you all for being patient. I'm really looking forward to sharing this dream with you all.

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
CONSTRUCTION DELAY:

Having realized that my eight year anniversary in the armchair Imagineering community is coming up this spring (I joined Visions Fantastic in April 2008), I have decided to refrain from releasing my dream resort until April in celebration of almost a decade as apart of the community. I can assure you that by then, the project will be the best it can be and will reflect eight years of involvement in both Visions Fantastic and WDWMagic.

For the most part, the project is in good shape. Several attractions and lands are already fleshed-out and ready to go. I have done my very best to abide by your votes. I will do my best to provide a mix of originality and classics so that all readers are happy and entertained, myself included.

Keep your eyes peeled this April, 2016. MANEATINGWREATH celebrates eight years of armchair Imagineering with the final installment in his long-running series of dream resorts.

That being said, I can't leave you hanging without a preview of select things to come....I'm only letting you see four previews until I start releasing everything in April, so no peeking after this! All previews are subject to change.

=====================================

* = Attraction
** = Factoid
*** = Land

** Biggest Magic Kingdom...EVER: Early on, I decided that rather than making multiple parks, I would create a MASSIVE Magic Kingdom that requires more than one day to experience in its entirety. Thus, it was determined that my dream Disneyland would clock in at a whopping 530 acres in size, just thirty more than Animal Kingdom. In case you didn't know, that's huge...this park will have the most amount of lands, attractions, and entertainment than any other Disney park in the world. This has been my biggest undertaking ever, and I truly hope that the effort pays off.

S.W. Wilson of Ideal Build-Out has an excellent mission statement of the entire park being the E-Ticket. I, too, abide by this. Everything about the park (and the resort for that matter) will be of the highest-caliber of immersive environment work and detail. Every square inch will have something interesting about it, whether it be an intriguing shop sign or a sprawling Mega E-Ticket.

dscf2375.jpg

* Glacier Peak Railroad: Board a ramshackle mine train and explore the icy slopes and abandoned mines of Glacier Peak, the tallest mountain in the Yukon Territory. Encounter Arctic wildlife, such as hungry timber wolves and snarling Kodiak bears. Visit the icy grave-site of many an unfortunate miner, still working the mines beyond death. But beware, the dreaded Sasquatch, guardian of Glacier Peak, doesn't take kindly to intruders and will stop at nothing to turn your train-bound expedition into an overwhelming roller coaster ride. Can you make it out alive?

hollywoodtn_disneyrendering.jpg

*** Hollywoodland: For the first time ever, 1940's Hollywood makes its way to a Magic Kingdom, taking inspiration from both Disney California Adventure and Disney's Hollywood Studios. Board a Red Car Trolley for a trip around Tinseltown, or visit the sprawling Animation Studio and see how your favorite films are shot...er, um...drawn. A quick turn into the Gag Factory leads to the world of "Who Framed Roger Rabbit" where one finds the sub-area of Toontown. Toontown, while small, naturally plays home to Mickey and the gang, as well as Roger Rabbit and his wife Jessica, as seen in the thrilling Roger Rabbit's Motorcar Mania! Pay a visit to the Babylonian Theater where Adventures in Cinema takes you to the world of the movies and beyond, from "Gone with the Wind" to "Blazing Saddles."

Spamalot, Presented by a Big Business Agreement with Monty Python & Disney
, is performed daily (in a family-friendly, shortened edit) at the majestic Egyptian Palace, a classy Broadway-style theater, one in which the likes of the Pantages would be jealous. Join King Arthur and his Knights of the Round Table as they go on a quest to find the Holy Grail, whilst encountering such obstacles as the Black Knight, Tim the Enchanter, and a Killer Rabbit...

ZZ46D4675D-700x381.jpg

No trip to Hollywood is complete without encountering the lore of Haunted Hollywood. The Haunted Mansion, a Pueblo Deco manor sits at the end of Sunset Boulevard, the rotting estate of a former studio tycoon. Inside, 999 happy haunts from all over the world have settled in in this country club-type atmosphere, waiting for an even number of 1,000 to join them. Notably, this Haunted Mansion is the largest and scariest incarnation of the attraction, with new rooms in addition to the old, such as a Nursery and Clock Tower. The "Forever a Star Cemetery" lays just beyond the Mansion's exit crypt, beckoning new souls to enter and "rest" for a spell.

latest

*** Mos Eisley Spaceport: The world of "Star Wars" appears in the form of Mos Eisley Spaceport, a bustling, intergalactic trade city of the desolate world of Tatooine. Stop for a drink at the Mos Eisley Cantina, visit the Galactic Zoo, or see what all the intrigue is about in Maz Kanata's... I refuse to reveal anymore as I am very proud of this portion of the project. You'll have to wait until April to see the rest.

Until then, I'll see you all in April.

IAmNotAHufflepuff

CONSTRUCTION DELAY:

Having realized that my eight year anniversary in the armchair Imagineering community is coming up this spring (I joined Visions Fantastic in April 2008), I have decided to refrain from releasing my dream resort until April in celebration of almost a decade as apart of the community. I can assure you that by then, the project will be the best it can be and will reflect eight years of involvement in both Visions Fantastic and WDWMagic.

For the most part, the project is in good shape. Several attractions and lands are already fleshed-out and ready to go. I have done my very best to abide by your votes. I will do my best to provide a mix of originality and classics so that all readers are happy and entertained, myself included.

Keep your eyes peeled this April, 2016. MANEATINGWREATH celebrates eight years of armchair Imagineering with the final installment in his long-running series of dream resorts.

That being said, I can't leave you hanging without a preview of select things to come....I'm only letting you see four previews until I start releasing everything in April, so no peeking after this! All previews are subject to change.

* = Attraction
** = Factoid
*** = Land

** Biggest Magic Kingdom...EVER: Early on, I decided that rather than making multiple parks, I would create a MASSIVE Magic Kingdom that requires more than one day to experience in its entirety. Thus, it was determined that my dream Disneyland would clock in at a whopping 530 acres in size, just thirty more than Animal Kingdom. In case you didn't know, that's huge...this park will have the most amount of lands, attractions, and entertainment than any other Disney park in the world. This has been my biggest undertaking ever, and I truly hope that the effort pays off.

S.W. Wilson of Ideal Build-Out has an excellent mission statement of the entire park being the E-Ticket. I, too, abide by this. Everything about the park (and the resort for that matter) will be of the highest-caliber of immersive environment work and detail. Every square inch will have something interesting about it, whether it be an intriguing shop sign or a sprawling Mega E-Ticket.

dscf2375.jpg

* Glacier Peak Railroad: Board a ramshackle mine train and explore the icy slopes and abandoned mines of Glacier Peak, the tallest mountain in the Yukon Territory. Encounter Arctic wildlife, such as hungry timber wolves and snarling Kodiak bears. Visit the icy grave-site of many an unfortunate miner, still working the mines beyond death. But beware, the dreaded Sasquatch, guardian of Glacier Peak, doesn't take kindly to intruders and will stop at nothing to turn your train-bound expedition into an overwhelming roller coaster ride. Can you make it out alive?

hollywoodtn_disneyrendering.jpg

*** Hollywoodland: For the first time ever, 1940's Hollywood makes its way to a Magic Kingdom, taking inspiration from both Disney California Adventure and Disney's Hollywood Studios. Board a Red Car Trolley for a trip around Tinseltown, or visit the sprawling Animation Studio and see how your favorite films are shot...er, um...drawn. A quick turn into the Gag Factory leads to the world of "Who Framed Roger Rabbit" where one finds the sub-area of Toontown. Toontown, while small, naturally plays home to Mickey and the gang, as well as Roger Rabbit and his wife Jessica, as seen in the thrilling Roger Rabbit's Motorcar Mania! Pay a visit to the Babylonian Theater where Adventures in Cinema takes you to the world of the movies and beyond, from "Gone with the Wind" to "Blazing Saddles."

Spamalot, Presented by a Big Business Agreement with Monty Python & Disney
, is performed daily (in a family-friendly, shortened edit) at the majestic Egyptian Palace, a classy Broadway-style theater, one in which the likes of the Pantages would be jealous. Join King Arthur and his Knights of the Round Table as they go on a quest to find the Holy Grail, whilst encountering such obstacles as the Black Knight, Tim the Enchanter, and a Killer Rabbit...

ZZ46D4675D-700x381.jpg

No trip to Hollywood is complete without encountering the lore of Haunted Hollywood. The Haunted Mansion, a Pueblo Deco manor sits at the end of Sunset Boulevard, the rotting estate of a former studio tycoon. Inside, 999 happy haunts from all over the world have settled in in this country club-type atmosphere, waiting for an even number of 1,000 to join them. Notably, this Haunted Mansion is the largest and scariest incarnation of the attraction, with new rooms in addition to the old, such as a Nursery and Clock Tower. The "Forever a Star Cemetery" lays just beyond the Mansion's exit crypt, beckoning new souls to enter and "rest" for a spell.

latest

*** Mos Eisley Spaceport: The world of "Star Wars" appears in the form of Mos Eisley Spaceport, a bustling, intergalactic trade city of the desolate world of Tatooine. Stop for a drink at the Mos Eisley Cantina, visit the Galactic Zoo, or see what all the intrigue is about in Maz Kanata's... I refuse to reveal anymore as I am very proud of this portion of the project. You'll have to wait until April to see the rest.

Until then, I'll see you all in April.

latest

DisneyManOne

I'm real excited about this, MEW! And I like how you're re-using your Adventures in Cinema concept from back on the Visions Fantastic forums (BTW, I went back and re-did my potential Great Movie Ride ride-through, and added in your Blazing Saddles scene, as well as your Citizen Kane scene).

I absolutely can't wait till April, MEW! Hope to see some epicness!

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
UPDATE:

Due to unforeseen circumstances, I'm going to have to delay this project's release date to mid or late April, rather than early April as previously stated. The reason for the delay was out of my hands, so I deeply apologize. In the meantime, enjoy another sneak peek at what wonders await you next month. No written previews, but picture-based hints to keep you guessing...some are obvious, others are not.

monsters-inc-ride-go-seek-close-up-640x427.jpg

indy_8.jpg

12734223_1107444369275218_5286207249233592838_n.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom