What do you think of the WDW Moms Panel????

WDWmazprty

Original Poster
I've been on it and those gals are pretty knowledgable, but being on the boards here, I find a lot here can do the same thing. Anyway, what do you think?:)

3disprincesses

Mom's Panel can be helpful

For first-timers to WDW it can be overwhelming. Everybody you know that has been before is offering advice and tips. People that have never been are telling you what happened to their neighbors cousins friend to make them never want to go back! The Disneyworld Moms Panel is a great place for newbies to go with questions and to clear up misinformation they have received from well meaning family and friends. The Moms (and Dad) seem to enjoy being "in the know" and trying to help and offer advice from their experiences. I find a lot of times on these boards many members are not sympathetic to the inexperience of those that have never been to WDW or those that just think of it simply as another vacation.

Weather_Lady

I agree with the previous poster that the Moms are simply trying to help newbies. Their intentions are wonderful and I think they do a lot to put a friendly "human face" on WDW. At the same time, I've actually seen them giving out information that was dead wrong. One woman wrote to ask what it meant when her room reservation said "STANDARD-PRKING," and was congratulated heartily by the "Mom," who told her she must have received a complimentary, upgraded room with a pair of king beds!!! Not only is there no such room, but "PRKING" means nothing more than "Standard room with view of the PARKING LOT." That poor guest is in for a rude awakening when she checks in and asks for her upgraded room!!! (insert evil, maniacal cackle here)

popcenturylover

Yeah, I was searching for more pics and info. on AOA and came upon one question in which the mom gave totally wrong info.:hammer: on the location of the buildings, as I have studied the map and know where everything is located!:rolleyes:

ParentsOf4

Isn't the WDW Moms Panel organized and run by Disney?

I find the panel more upbeat than most sources. It's a great place for "perky" advice but like the official "Birnbaum's Walt Disney World" guide, everything seems to be wonderful, with somethings simply less wonderful than others.:) I don't recall seeing advice along the lines of "The food at X is gross and overpriced. Don't eat there."

ann0d

I feel they can't say anything negative against Disney, so if you need an honest opinion, you really shouldn't ask them, come here. I personally don't read anything they have to say. I guess it is good if it is your first time visit to Disney. It is a lot to take in.

bethymouse

I have tried 3 years in a row to get on The Moms Panel to no avail! The MOMS are instructed to answer questions in a certain way. They go to Disney for a seminar w/ all the moms and use the computer practically the entire time.
They learn the "Disney way" to answer questions. They commit to so many "hours" answering questions. I like the idea of it, but the actual website is hard to follow.
I will try again next year!LOL.:eek:

John

Men can be on the mom's panel.

I have no horse in this race, but honestly if anyone needs info ( piticularly first timers....Richard is your guy. There may be others that are "in the know" or know more history. Some of our "insiders" know whats going on inside TDO....but no one....I mean no one knows WDW from the Guest perspective/booking better then Richard (Master Yoda). This comming from a fellow TA. Heck, I have even picked his brain.

Britt

I like this place MUCH better. It's easier to navigate for me and a little more organized. I like the standard big font : ) The people here are really nice and it's easy to get to know people on here!

jlsHouston

I just could not relate to the mom's panel. I don't think they have any more or better info or insight on WDW than this forum. People here are very knowledgeable and honest and open. Plus it's entertaining and the pics are awesome.This is a much better board and forum to get solid info on the resorts and the parks and tips and restaurants.

StarWarsGirl

I usually tell people to skip the panel and come to me instead. I usually know more than they do from pure experience. But it is good if you're new or inexperienced.

Disneykidder

I'd like to be on a Disney Dad's Panel! What about the dads?
There have been lots of men on the panel.;)

I applied for the past three years. Each time I got to round two but that was it. Round three is the last step. (an interview) I will try again next year...maybe.:D

I have asked one question through the years. The answer I wanted was a personal view. The person directed me to a link to a web site which I had already looked at.:eek:

Bairstow

They give out a lot of bad info.

The one and only time we used the "Moms Panel" we were told there were luggage storage lockers at the TTC.
There aren't.
We planned a key leg of our trip on this information and the mistake caused us considerable inconvenience.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom