1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

What do you mean there's no record of her AP?! We've been using it since February!

Discussion in 'WDW Trip Reports' started by Courtney6682, Aug 28, 2017.

1. MinnieM123

MinnieM123 Well-Known Member

Glad to hear he is on the mend. You must be so relieved. Better days are ahead for him, thank goodness. :)

2. Zipitidoda

Zipitidoda Well-Known Member

That hotel.....Yikes! Glad Mr. Courtney is doing better.

I'm in!!

3. Courtney6682

Courtney6682 Well-Known Member Original Poster

LOL!! Thank youuu!!!

Girllll....it was badddd! I didn;t think a Days Inn would have been THAT bad. Of course it was RIGHT off of I- 95..but I didn't know that until we arrived.

littleroo and spacemt354 like this.
  4. LAKid53

LAKid53 Well-Known Member

Glad to hear hubby's okay. Not the way I'd want to loose 20 pounds, though.

I had a hotel like that in Tampa - recommended by someone. The main part of the hotel was nice, indoor swimming pool, lovely lobby. But our room was stuck way in the back in a separate building that looked like it had been converted from some other function to rooms. Shabby room overall. And I worried that I could see plenty of daylight under the door. So, yeah, I too did the shove the chair under the door **** thing...and didn't sleep well that night at all. Let the person I was meeting with the next day know her recommendation of a hotel was garbage. She apparently didn't know about the out building....

So Brooks' interested in aviation? Too bad she decided against Emery. I know someone who was a pretty highly placed administrator.

5. Courtney6682

Ugh lol..it's the worst being at a place like that!

Thank you for the kind words,he's getting there. He is pretty annoyed about losing that much weight in all the wrong places tho!

Yes, Brook wants to be a commercial airline pilot. On our February Disney trip we stopped at Florida Tech, FIT and Embry-Riddle are the 2 biggest names in aviation schools. She decided against both however!

littleroo, spacemt354 and 21stamps like this.
  6. Songbird76

Songbird76 Well-Known Member

It's amazing to me that some of these places can even stay open. We stayed at a hotel for speech and debate when I was in high school. Part of the building was condemned, when we got to our room, one of the beds had a big huge wad of hair in it, so we called to have the sheets changed and the woman came over with a washcloth and wiped the hair off onto the floor. (Actually onto another girl's leg....SO GROSS) They couldn't change the sheets every day because they didn't have enough extras, and the woman who did the laundry was already gone for the day. The floor looked like it had never been vacuumed before, the TV didn't work. One of the rooms only had one (broken) lock on the door, while ours had 7 locks. When we left during the day, we took everything with us because we were worried about theft, and when we came back that night, there was a dirty sock on the floor that didn't belong to any of us and had not been there earlier, so we think they rented out the room by the hour during the day. We still don't speak the name of the town among those of us who were on that speech trip and that was more than 20 years ago. We refer to it as the "P" word, or as the trip from a very hot place. (It wasn't just the hotel that was bad...one of the girls got food poisoning and we were on the way home when it manifested, so we ended up in the ER with her, a blizzard rolled in while we were in the hospital, and the principal wouldn't ok the funds to stay in a hotel because the roads hadn't been closed yet, though they were in the process. So we had to drive through a mountain pass during a blizzard, on a bus, with a girl with food poisoning, and then by the time we got to the next town over, they had closed the roads so we HAD to stay, but the only hotel that our principal would release the funds for was a Motel 6 at which the heat was out.) We never went back to that speech tournament after that year. The whole thing has been a joke for years. "Remember that one trip?" I honestly have no idea why it was just that one part of the building that was condemned. Do these places just escape the notice of inspectors?

7. Courtney6682

Wow!! That's just crazy! The place we were just at mostly made me feel unsafe. It was disgusting too, but not as bad as what you described lol! I left out the hole in one of the walls, the bathroom overhead light that was hanging by a thread and the smashed spider struck to one wall.:hungover:

8. Songbird76

Songbird76 Well-Known Member

Nice....sounds like a classy joint. :depressed: Were there any reviews? Who in the world recommended this place to you??

9. 21stamps

21stamps Well-Known Member

I have to repeat this.. I am so in love with your Pirate's and Splash photos!!! Love Love Love!!!
    Best Splash photo ever!!

10. Courtney6682

Thank youuuu!!!! We had a good time with it lol...Brook eventually got annoyed with my hook lol..I carried it everywhere hahahaha

11. 21stamps

Ha ha! That's great!

12. Courtney6682

But it was funny when she tapped one of our tour guides on the arm with to ask him a question...lol...he was like ...''What the?! Where did THAT come from?!'' lol

13. spacemt354

spacemt354 Chili's

Following along! Great on-ride photos too! The new Pirates photo always leads to interesting faces:hilarious:

littleroo likes this.
  14. 21stamps

Too funny!

littleroo and Courtney6682 like this.
  15. Courtney6682

First Full Disney Day...Friday, Aug 18th...

We started our day by dropping off our rental car at the MK Car Care Center. The drop off went smoothly and soon we were on the shuttle bus headed for ....AK! We arrived with plenty of time before our first FP of the day. We walked right on Kali which I hate, but I ride it for Brook. We did however get a red card, score! I always seem to be the one who gets soaked. Luckily this time, I escaped without being drenched! After Kali we walked to Everest and walked on twice before using our FP for it. We could have ridden a few more times with a minimal wait but Brook checked MDE and saw that Dinosaur only had a 15 min wait so we chose to do that instead. I've never liked Dinosaur, but this trip it really grew on me! We look bored in our ride pic, but we weren't, I promise! Just taking it all in:p
    dinosaur2ndday.jpg
    We got off Dinosaur and traded some pins with the CM's in the gift shop. We had time to kill before our Na'vi FP so we decided to play some of the carnival games for the first time ever. We got 7 tickets for $20 and played 4 games. I won once and Brook won twice. We gave our last prize to the little kid she beat lol...her family was really grateful! We gave the stuffed animals we kept to our puppy...he loves stuffy stuffs! Next, it was time to visit Pandora! I was really excited to experience something new, even tho I had no clue what it was all about. Plus I was getting hungry and I knew I wanted to try Satu'li Canteen! We took some obligatory pics around Pandora and then hopped in line for our river journey. I was blown away!! It was incredibly beautiful!!! We were really impressed, even tho we didn't really know what it was supposed to look like,which sounds kind of dumb, but the queue and ride were very well detailed and we COULD appreciate that.

There was no wait at Satu'li, so we had our food in under 5-6 mins, which surprised me! I thought it would have been busier. We snagged a table inside and dug in, sharing 2 kids meals and 2 desserts. I didn't want to be stuffed for afternoon tea later at the GF! Brook got the kids cheeseburger pod and I had the kids sliced beef over grains. Both were delicious and I can't wait to eat there again sometime!! The beef was tender and seasoned well and the kids pod was very tasty! Brook said she would order it again as well. We also split both desserts, the blueberry cream cheese mousse with guava curd on top, and Neytiri's choc cake. I loved the cheesecake! It was bright and refreshing! We didn't care for the choc cake, but I think it's because we had the sweet fruity cake first which made the choc bitter. With our bellies full we decided to head back to our room for showers and fancy dresses for tea! We waited about 10 mins for our bus and the air conditioning was very welcomed!! IT WAS HOTTTT...the temp said 91...but the real feel was 102!!:eek:

Up next...A spot of tea!

16. 21stamps

Is sounds like crowds were low. That's incredible! I'm so jealous of your repeated Everest rides!

17. Jedi Stitch

Jedi Stitch Active Member

Oh, its a trip report. Ha, you hooked me in, Good one.
    I feel you about Flop House level, "hotels". We stayed in one before a white water rafting trip once. Barely slept, from the constant parties going on. It even worse when the night manager pays you lip service when you complain. They said they talked to them in person. I could hear the people above us clearly and they didn't. We called the cops, and they said sorry already been out there that night, unless someone starts shooting, just deal with it.

18. Courtney6682

Crowds weren't too bad! I knew they'd be lower because FL and a lot of the east coast had already started back to school...we were pleasantly surprised.

littleroo likes this.
  19. Courtney6682

Hahaha!! Sorry!! It really was an accident, I swear;)

Glad to have you along tho!!

I say flop house at work and they all laugh at me lol...I got it from my grandmom who is from NY. Places like that are the worst!! I couldn't leave fast enough!!

littleroo likes this.
  20. gdisneyfans

gdisneyfans Well-Known Member

Following!! I love your ride pictures:)

Sorry to hear about the creepy motel...but glad you made it out of there safe and sound!

We went to Satu'li as well and I had the beef bowl and it was amazing! I couldn't believe how tender the beef was. We actually had pretty decent meals the whole trip. Looking forward to more!

littleroo, Courtney6682 and fractal like this.