Trip Report What do you get when you mix 27 WDWMagic Ladies and the Disney Dream?

What do you get when you mix 27 WDWMagic Ladies and the Disney Dream?

The best first cruise ever?

Awesome new friends?
(photo credit - @Disneyfalcon)

A very piratey adventure?
(photo credit - @PartOfYourWorld)

A whole bunch of Vanna Whiting?
(photo credit - @PartOfYourWorld)

A new addiction?
Answer: All of the above and much, much more!

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
Oh, @jesemeca, looks like you and Stephanie had such a GREAT day in Nassau!! Love the photo of your first step, and the pictures from the zoo. I would have loved that, like you , I love a good zoo. I have experience with Nassau cabbies from my senior year spring break, sounds like they haven't changed much since then. :D

How neat that you could see the Dream from the Fort! I went to Nassau on my spring break senior year of HS, and didn't even know about the fort (instead, I got mugged :rolleyes:, which is why I didn't get off the ship in Nassau!)

Looking forward to the rest!!!

jesemeca

Original Poster
Oh, @jesemeca, looks like you and Stephanie had such a GREAT day in Nassau!! Love the photo of your first step, and the pictures from the zoo. I would have loved that, like you , I love a good zoo. I have experience with Nassau cabbies from my senior year spring break, sounds like they haven't changed much since then. :D

How neat that you could see the Dream from the Fort! I went to Nassau on my spring break senior year of HS, and didn't even know about the fort (instead, I got mugged :rolleyes:, which is why I didn't get off the ship in Nassau!)

Looking forward to the rest!!!

Thanks! I had to get that first step picture! I love going to the Audubon Zoo here in New Orleans. Well, at least when it is much cooler outside! The cab driver was hilarious!

The Fort was amazing. I would recommend visiting both the Fort and the Zoo to anyone going to Nassau! Cheap yet fun!

PolynesianPrincess

The flamingo march looks really cool! I've read another TR from someone who visited the gardens and she really liked it as well. We want to do the chocolatier tour next time, but we are going to add Ardastra to our list! :)

jesemeca

Original Poster
The flamingo march looks really cool! I've read another TR from someone who visited the gardens and she really liked it as well. We want to do the chocolatier tour next time, but we are going to add Ardastra to our list! :)

Ardastra is a great little adventure, you have to take a bus or taxi to get there. It is kinda in the middle of nowhere, not very organized, had more workers than visitors, but I would definitely go again. It was a great experience.

The flamingo march made the day for me! I love flamingos and was ecstatic to be in there with them!

jesemeca

Original Poster

Our beautiful view while getting ready for tonights show and dinner.

Villains Tonight was the show this evening, I thoroughly enjoyed this show. Hades was hilarious. I liked that he seemed to improv some of the show. And it's always nice to see some of the bad guys every now and then!

This guy (or gal) was waiting for us when we got back to the room before dinner.

Stephanie (@Mrs.Skellington) and I with the Captain.

Dinner was in Royal Palace tonight! I love all the princess decor. I hope I get Royal Court for formal night in January. I feel like it is the fansiest of the three dining rooms. I love it!

jesemeca

Original Poster

Diane and Jess!

Menu

Vanna Whiting the menu!

Jess coloring!

Iced Lobster and Jumbo Shrimp, I did not care for this. I found it to be very bland. I will not get this again. I should have just ordered the ravioli from Enchanted Garden.

Royal Palace Aged Angus Grilled Beef Tenderloin (and apparently more Jumbo Shrimp) This was pretty good. I enjoyed the Cognac reduction more than I thought I would. I usually don't like all those sauces, but this one was delish!

I asked if I could get a kid's portion of the spaghetti and meatballs as my appetizer since I didn't care for the first thing I ordered. This is what they brought me. It was pretty darn good, too!

jesemeca

Original Poster

Now for some real Chandy Candy! My love!

I see Prince Ali, but not his harem. Where could they be? Ladies?

We decided to check out Mirror Mirror after dinner.

Seeing Dopey was the best part. I don't even remember what the show was about, just that it wasn't for us.

jesemeca

Original Poster

We made our way over to the District.

We watched the Match your Mate show in Evolution. It was quite interesting since I knew the answer before the contestants even answered. The host asked where was the most interesting place you have "experienced the magic". I said it would be hilarious if one of them said on the verandah. Sure enough one guy answered that. Best part, the wife gave a different answer!

We then headed over to Pink. I don't drink, but that didn't stop me from hanging out with the ladies!

I could stay here all day, I love all the pink!!

At this point, we were the only ones left in the bar. Yet, no one had received their check. So we decided as a group to just get up and start to leave. As Siobhan and I are the last to leave, the bartender ask if we are going to settle the checks. I was thinking, I didn't even drink! Why would I be paying any check? LOL. So everyone came back in and then the computers went down. It took a good 20-30 minutes to get everyone's check settled. It was quite ridiculous. Funny story though. LOL.

This was waiting for me when I got back to the room. Thanks, Stephanie!

Last edited:

DisSplash

Great report! We took a cruise on the Dream last January, and like you we are totally hooked! It sounds like the ladies cruise was a blast. I would try to go on one myself, but my DH and kids would probably have a fit that they were left behind ... September is also a bad time for us. But I can still enjoy the fun through your report and the other reports out there!

We had considered going to Adastra Gardens, but ended up doing a Discovery Tour (or whatever they called it) of the Atlantis. It was neat to see, glad we did it since we could see the hotel from he verandah, but no need to ever repeat it. Maybe next time we will take a look at the gardens and zoo!

Can't wait to read more of your cruising and park adventures!

PartOfYourWorld

I got your back when it comes to the details! I know you got mine too! ;)

The dopey thing was like some famiky trivia and a ton of little kids were there snd I think thats why we left lol

Hilarious about the match the mate...stikl wish mike and I did it on our first cruise but we missrd it because we somehow missed it on the schedule!

That was rediculous what happened in pink....buut really cute though!!!! I love it in there too!!!!

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
Loved "sharing" your Royal Palace dinner! I've been on the Dream twice now and never had dinner there, both of my Palo nights were the same as when rotation would have had me in RP. Maybe next month. We did have lunch in RP in February and I thought it was great. I agree with you, it is the fanciest of the main dining rooms.

Oh, those Pink bartenders!! That was an interesting evening. I'm just grateful everyone came back in and didn't stick me with the check. :p LOL

jesemeca

Original Poster
Great report! We took a cruise on the Dream last January, and like you we are totally hooked! It sounds like the ladies cruise was a blast. I would try to go on one myself, but my DH and kids would probably have a fit that they were left behind ... September is also a bad time for us. But I can still enjoy the fun through your report and the other reports out there!

We had considered going to Adastra Gardens, but ended up doing a Discovery Tour (or whatever they called it) of the Atlantis. It was neat to see, glad we did it since we could see the hotel from he verandah, but no need to ever repeat it. Maybe next time we will take a look at the gardens and zoo!

Can't wait to read more of your cruising and park adventures!

Thanks! I absolutely loved Adastra Gardens. It was a relatively cheap way to experience a little of Nassau!

I'm uploading more pictures right now!

jesemeca

Original Poster
I got your back when it comes to the details! I know you got mine too! ;)

The dopey thing was like some famiky trivia and a ton of little kids were there snd I think thats why we left lol

Hilarious about the match the mate...stikl wish mike and I did it on our first cruise but we missrd it because we somehow missed it on the schedule!

That was rediculous what happened in pink....buut really cute though!!!! I love it in there too!!!!

Well at least I now know to not go to anything in D Lounge on the Fantasy. LOL. My bestie and I want nothing to do with the family activities.

Match Your Mate was hilarious! I hope to watch that again in January!

I love Pink. Kinda sad that it's not on the Fantasy, but Ooh, LaLa looks fun!

Working on more now. A year ago today you were landing in Orlando! Texting me all about. A year ago tonight we had dinner at Earl's together. We need to do that again soon! I miss you. :(

jesemeca

Original Poster
Loved "sharing" your Royal Palace dinner! I've been on the Dream twice now and never had dinner there, both of my Palo nights were the same as when rotation would have had me in RP. Maybe next month. We did have lunch in RP in February and I thought it was great. I agree with you, it is the fanciest of the main dining rooms.

Oh, those Pink bartenders!! That was an interesting evening. I'm just grateful everyone came back in and didn't stick me with the check. :p LOL

Royal Palace was a pretty good dinner. Still wasn't my favorite.

Trust me, I would have gotten those girls back to pay the check. Cuz I sure was gonna pay for any when I was drinking!

jesemeca

Original Poster
Castaway Cay Day!

This morning some of the ladies, including Stephanie, ran the 5k. I was originally planning on staying on the ship until Stephanie came back. Then I noticed in the Navigator, that the only time I could see Jack Sparrow was this morning. I decided to go wait for him and then head over to the finish line.

Selfie in my PJ's!

I had a little fun this morning taking pictures from my verandah.

I really enjoyed the view from the verandah!

jesemeca

Original Poster

I made my way over to where Jack Sparrow would be meeting.

He was amazing! I told him that the last time I had tried to meet him, his line was too long. He told me the last time he saw me he was too drunk to remember. Then he asked where I was from. When I told him New Orleans, he said oooh, voodoo for everyone! I loved him!

I made my way over to the finish line for the 5k.

I caught Stephanie (@Mrs.Skellington) and Sherry (@Tiggerfanatic) finishing up and recieving their medals.

At this point we made our way back to the ship.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom