What do you do with maps and papers?

midnightsun

Original Poster
What do you do with left over maps and papers? I've created my shadowboxes but have a bunch of maps and other papers like resort maps still.

I don't want to just throw them away, but I'm not a scrapbook-er.

What kind of projects do you do with maps and papers? I'm interested in keeping them intact so I can look back at how the front pictures and maps themselves change.

Any ideas? Thanks!

daringstoic

I'm going to grab some extras on my trip in a few weeks and use them to make tile coasters. I got a new coffee table a few months ago and I ran right out to buy craft supplies (white square tiles that are super cheap at Home Depot, Mod Podge, and rubber or felt pads for the bottom) planning to use pictures, but I decided that photo paper was too thick for the project. Plus, I couldn't decide which family, friends, and pets would make the cut to appear on one of my four coasters. I was going to dig some old maps out of my to-be-scrapbooked files, but decided to wait until I can get some fresh ones so I didn't miss anything in my albums.

MOXOMUMD

What do you do with left over maps and papers? I've created my shadowboxes but have a bunch of maps and other papers like resort maps still.

What kind of projects do you do with maps and papers? I'm interested in keeping them intact so I can look back at how the front pictures and maps themselves change.

Any ideas? Thanks!
I've used some to decorate the mats in my Disney pictures.

Peter KW73

I collect them and archive them in binders using 4x6 post card binder sheets. ( or what binder sheet they fit in if they are irregular sizes)
The 4x6 work great for the current maps that are 4x8 as you slide them in to the bottom pockets and leave the top empty or put a place card there to document them

Any ideas? Thanks!

I like to mark the places/attractions/restaurants (on the map) that I went to during the trip that I got them. I'll usually keep them in a folder pocket in a scrapbook, but you could store them in a photo-box or something like that.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I found that the Magic Band boxes are the perfect size for storing you extra guide maps.

20170203_201811.jpg

Joyce.M8

Well,my hobby has nothing to do with with scrapbooking but I collect maps. So old-fashioned you know))) I don't like maps on mobile devices , I prefer something more tangible. I bring them as souvenirs from each place I visit and store them in a box.

GlowFlow

They are the perfect size to use as decorative inserts for a standard sized Traveler's Notebook, if you're into that sort of thing. You can fold them into pockets and dividers, or you can laminate them as use them as dashboards. I always get a ton of maps and brochures and repurpose them that way.

tonymu

Premium Member
I keep them all in file folders with all old tickets and unused old paper fastpasses. I also used to always put in my ticket for an extra not valid fastpass ticket to save since most of the time they were collected when you rode the ride.

clarabellej

This hasn’t got anything to do with scrapbooking, but I have my original map from the year WDW opened! I was 11 years old. I have always meant to frame it. My niece said I can even take it to our local craft store and they can measure it all out for framing & I can hold on to my valuable map. It is so cute!! Very large/poster size. Cheery design with yellow background. Much larger than maps now. I always have a few park maps here and there and place them among the pages of our photo albums. They are so fun to look back at & see all the changes. Wish I was more of a scrapbooker. No patience.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom