1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

What do you do with maps and papers?

Discussion in 'Scrapbooking and craft' started by midnightsun, Jun 19, 2016.

1. midnightsun

midnightsun Member

What do you do with left over maps and papers? I've created my shadowboxes but have a bunch of maps and other papers like resort maps still.

I don't want to just throw them away, but I'm not a scrapbook-er.

What kind of projects do you do with maps and papers? I'm interested in keeping them intact so I can look back at how the front pictures and maps themselves change.

Any ideas? Thanks!

MOXOMUMD likes this.
  2. daringstoic

daringstoic Active Member

I'm going to grab some extras on my trip in a few weeks and use them to make tile coasters. I got a new coffee table a few months ago and I ran right out to buy craft supplies (white square tiles that are super cheap at Home Depot, Mod Podge, and rubber or felt pads for the bottom) planning to use pictures, but I decided that photo paper was too thick for the project. Plus, I couldn't decide which family, friends, and pets would make the cut to appear on one of my four coasters. I was going to dig some old maps out of my to-be-scrapbooked files, but decided to wait until I can get some fresh ones so I didn't miss anything in my albums.

trixie21 and MOXOMUMD like this.
  3. MOXOMUMD

MOXOMUMD Well-Known Member

I've used some to decorate the mats in my Disney pictures.

4. Peter KW73

Peter KW73 New Member

I collect them and archive them in binders using 4x6 post card binder sheets. ( or what binder sheet they fit in if they are irregular sizes)
    The 4x6 work great for the current maps that are 4x8 as you slide them in to the bottom pockets and leave the top empty or put a place card there to document them

MOXOMUMD likes this.
  5. The Empress Lilly

The Empress Lilly Well-Known Member

My family takes as many as we can, and then they usually last us several months after our trip, saving us $3 - $4 in toilet paper expenditure.

MOXOMUMD likes this.
  6. TheHappiestJackieOnEarth

TheHappiestJackieOnEarth New Member

I like to mark the places/attractions/restaurants (on the map) that I went to during the trip that I got them. I'll usually keep them in a folder pocket in a scrapbook, but you could store them in a photo-box or something like that.

MOXOMUMD likes this.
  7. eeyoremum

eeyoremum Well-Known Member

8. danlb_2000

danlb_2000 Premium Member

I found that the Magic Band boxes are the perfect size for storing you extra guide maps.

20170203_201811.jpg

MOXOMUMD likes this.
  9. Joyce.M8

Joyce.M8 New Member

Well,my hobby has nothing to do with with scrapbooking but I collect maps. So old-fashioned you know))) I don't like maps on mobile devices , I prefer something more tangible. I bring them as souvenirs from each place I visit and store them in a box.