What do you collect?

mousecar

Original Poster
Just curious as to what you collect and what the prize item in your collection is.

I started to collect pins before all this pin trading started. When that hit I realized I couldn't keep up.

Now I mainly collect Disney license plates, Disney advertising posters, and Disney banners.

The prize items 1. WDW opening day license plate 2. Tower of Terror travel agent poster - took me 2 years to track down 3. Flag from the parks - The big D with Mickey's head in the center.

Would love to hear about everyone's collections!

Dawn S

I have trouble limiting myself to one collection. ;) So, I presently collect:

1. Disney beanies
2. Disney glassware
3. FTD floral ceramics (my parents own a flower shop, so they were accessible to me. LOL)
4. Mickey stuff (I have tons of vintage Mickey items & home decor)
5. Walt stuff (books, wall hangings, anything about Walt)
6. Disney CDs
7. WDW theme park memorabilia (including guidemaps, celebration souvenirs & more...lots of vintage items too)
8. Disney "holiday related" items

Outside of Disney, I also collect Atlanta Braves merchandise & cards, shot glasses & Texas souvenirs.

My prized piece from my Disney collection is a really cool canvas wall hanging. amazingly, I found it thrown around in a thrift store for $10. come to find out, it is worth quite a few zeros more than that. It is a one of a kind painting made for a project associated with E.F. Hutton that never ended up happening. Got lots of info on this piece from Phil Sears. VERY cool item. If anyone is interested in seeing it, visit my personal site (in my profile) & click on Mickey's head to my Disneyana page. I have pics of it there, along with some more items from my collection.

mousecar

Original Poster
Sounds like a great collection Dawn.
I would love to see that wall hanging. I've ordered banners from Phil Sears, he's really cool!

Where is your site?

jmarc63

My collection includes some very old stuff like park maps stationary and other paper items with attractions and pricing from the 71 to 79.

FYI in 1972 a contempoary tower room was ....(Brace your selfs) $75 a night

and some rare stuff like my prelimenary blueprints of the EPCOT CENTER Park from around 1977 or 78 that I obtained form an epcot sponsor that I used to work for (they were tossing them in the gargage) licky I was in the right place at the right time, Rarer due to the fact that Disney modified that version to what was built.

The Mom

Premium Member
However, keep in mind that you could buy a new Toyota for around $2,000. And a new RN (staff) took home about $100-110/week! (depending on shift)

FanofDinsey1981

1. alice in wonderland beenie babies.
2. pins. (I have a ton from waaaay back before the craze.)
3. picture frames. I have around 15 disney ones.
4. movies. lithographs.

my newest obsession is black and white photographs that i frame and take myself.

David

As much as i enjoy Disney, I don't collect Disney memorabilia. I do, however collect "Gone With the Wind" items, and have a pretty nice collection. Of all the things I have, I suppose my most prized possession would be a complete ticket that was not used for the premier in Atlanta in December 1939. I do a lot of club or school programs about GWTW and it really is a fun hobby!

enfilm

I used to collect coffee table books, radkos, watches, WDCC pieces, and theme park lithographs. Now I'm collecting blueprints and standard operating procedure manuals (I'm mostly looking for backstage imagineering info). I'm thinking of branching out to park music CDs and park ride patents. I also have almost 20 years of the dinsey news magazine (trying to fill in a 1 1/2 year gap). I've always avoided getting started on something the company is promoting because they just start making soooo many you can't collect them all. (pins, snowglobes,beanies,etc, etc).

Ed

DisJosh

I don't collect anything Disney either but I'm contemplating starting an Epcot collection.

I do however collect action figures. I know I'm a geek hehe...

I think collecting Epcot swag would be cheaper though so maybe I'll slow down on my fig collection. :D

Firebird

I collect almost anything mainly EuroDisney/ Disneyland Paris stuff.

I never got into

beanie babies
pins
WDCC
or shock horror......... Winnie the Pooh

jojoyner55

Okay: I don't know if you were asking about Disney stuff in particular - We have the Lladro Snow White and the Seven Dwarves; this trip we got the Lennox Tinkerbell. But my biggest collection is...G.I.Joe's. The 12" ones. I mean over 50 of them. Hey, I'm compensating for not having enough as a kid:hammer:

craziebabie1

I'm an avid Disney collector. If it says Disney I want it.

I mostly collect Beanies/Plush
Pins
Snow Globes
Ceramic Figurines
Mugs
Anything on Pirates of The Carribean
I have more Disney than I can count, And being a CM doesn't help. Just another excuse to collect more.:hammer:

Erika

I collect a lot of Disney things, but the last time I was in WDW I bought a bunch of beanie WDW Donalds. It was one of those things that SEEMS like a good idea when you are on vacation...anyway, I got Pirate, Frontierland, Main Street, Safari, and Mexican Donalds. When I got home I let them invade my computer desk- one on the speaker, one on a shelf, you get the idea. Except my cat Maggie decided that Pirate Donald (my favorite- she has good taste!) was her kitten, and EVERY D*MN DAY she would steal him and hide her in her bed. Now and then I would catch her carrying him by the neck, or grooming him.

She doesn't do it anymore but my poor Pirate Donald has seen better days LOL

A side note-- if animals supposedly cannot grasp abstract concepts, how come she knew where his neck was? And the neck of John's little stuffed white tigers she later adopted? :p

tiggerlover1971

Originally posted by Erika
I collect a lot of Disney things, but the last time I was in WDW I bought a bunch of beanie WDW Donalds. It was one of those things that SEEMS like a good idea when you are on vacation...anyway, I got Pirate, Frontierland, Main Street, Safari, and Mexican Donalds. When I got home I let them invade my computer desk- one on the speaker, one on a shelf, you get the idea. Except my cat Maggie decided that Pirate Donald (my favorite- she has good taste!) was her kitten, and EVERY D*MN DAY she would steal him and hide her in her bed. Now and then I would catch her carrying him by the neck, or grooming him.

She doesn't do it anymore but my poor Pirate Donald has seen better days LOL

A side note-- if animals supposedly cannot grasp abstract concepts, how come she knew where his neck was? And the neck of John's little stuffed white tigers she later adopted? :p

they also say that they cant watch tv but my cat shakespear watches it with me and my husband its especially funny when he was watching Dr Doolittle 2 and he didnt like Eddie Murphy he started hitting the tv with his paw everytime he came on

Erika

Ours watch TV too! Maggie expecially. She likes horses. She watched all of Braveheart and most of Gladiator.

Back on track...sorry I made a thread drift! I liek to collect stuff from all the different parks, even if they are just little things (and even though I have only been to the WDW ones). I have glasses from Tokyo DL, a tray from Paris, and some things from DL and DCA. Just random objects.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom