What Disney Would Look Like Abandoned

ppete1975

Alucobond which is polyethylene plastic sandwiched between two sheets of aluminum.
Spaceship earth is an amazing structure btw, you ever notice you don't get drenched when it rains and you stand under it, that's because their is a built in guttering and all the water is diverted to the lake.
IF you are interested here is a really cool website and some amazing pictures of it being built.
https://malloryobryant.wordpress.co...-and-construction-of-epcot’s-spaceship-earth/

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
Original Poster
Alucobond which is polyethylene plastic sandwiched between two sheets of aluminum.
Spaceship earth is an amazing structure btw, you ever notice you don't get drenched when it rains and you stand under it, that's because their is a built in guttering and all the water is diverted to the lake.
IF you are interested here is a really cool website and some amazing pictures of it being built.
https://malloryobryant.wordpress.com/2011/09/13/the-design-and-construction-of-epcot’s-spaceship-earth/
To quote the Life After People Fanon Wiki:

25 years after people: Florida is well-known for its hurricanes, and another one is moving in. The hurricane slams straight into the structure with winds reaching 140 miles per hour. The wind tears some of the panels off, revealing the steel structure underneath. Rain gets inside the sphere and pools in the bottom, which could be a problem later.

EagleScout610

Premium Member
Original Poster
damn, a wee bit sensative are we? i ment my comment mearly for comedic content. i dont see how a diehard disney fan and lover would not see that.
Sorry about that. My day was going rather poorly and my defense level was up.

ppete1975

To quote the Life After People Fanon Wiki:

25 years after people: Florida is well-known for its hurricanes, and another one is moving in. The hurricane slams straight into the structure with winds reaching 140 miles per hour. The wind tears some of the panels off, revealing the steel structure underneath. Rain gets inside the sphere and pools in the bottom, which could be a problem later.

I never saw what episode ill have to check it out

That I could see happening. Honestly after people that area would be overtaken by wildlife extremely fast. Florida with the rain and tropical weather is probably one of the harder areas to keep from going back to nature. I assume Disney fights a constant battle with grass and vines growing everywhere that we never even see, It would go back to swamp land and youd have deer alligators snakes enjoying everybit of the environment. I think the fake rock like frontierland would fair pretty well, everything else if not given constant maintenance (as much as we say disney doesn't keep up with maintenance) wouldn't last months.

EagleScout610

Premium Member
Original Poster
I never saw what episode ill have to check it out

That I could see happening. Honestly after people that area would be overtaken by wildlife extremely fast. Florida with the rain and tropical weather is probably one of the harder areas to keep from going back to nature. I assume Disney fights a constant battle with grass and vines growing everywhere that we never even see, It would go back to swamp land and youd have deer alligators snakes enjoying everybit of the environment. I think the fake rock like frontierland would fair pretty well, everything else if not given constant maintenance (as much as we say disney doesn't keep up with maintenance) wouldn't last months.
Also, check out River Country after only 16 years

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Spaceship earth is an amazing structure btw, you ever notice you don't get drenched when it rains and you stand under it, that's because their is a built in guttering and all the water is diverted to the lake./
Not quite. Any rain hittting the lower 45% drips down. And if the gutter leaks like last year you have a waterfall right above the fastpass return entrance:

IMG_0661.JPG

ppete1975

Not quite. Any rain hittting the lower 45% drips down. And if the gutter leaks like last year you have a waterfall right above the fastpass return entrance:

View attachment 195575

How long was it like that?
I think that's what bothers me most about the current state of epcot. When it was built some of the inventive and imaginative building concepts were so dare I say futuristic. Would they build spaceship earth today..... I can almost guarantee they wouldn't (you can argue westcot, which would have been amazing to see as big as it was going to be) and when it was built no one knew what the winds under the ball would do until they tested in windtunnels... and I am still impressed with the guttering system. All the buildings were unique. You walked in and felt a cohesiveness (remember the signs) and wonder all at the same time.. if felt like the future. I think that's why people are so guarded about EPCOT and their feelings of it. It was something unique, that will never be done again.

Any way my apologies, ive kind of taken this off the original topic. Epcot was just so special to me as a kid, of course this was also when NASA was huge (they had a lot of NASA toys as well at EPCOT if I remember right), and it made you want to learn, explore and invent.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom