What did you think of the wand/tower over spaceship earth?

Did you like the wand/tower over Spaceship earth?

• Total voters

AndyS2992

I liked it with the exception of the "magic" sprinkles on the surface of SSE. I thought it was a great way to get people to realize that Epcot was a creation of Disney Co. and part of the whole resort. It seems hard to believe, but, many people really didn't realize it was a Disney Park. (I know, there's a lot to be said for thinning the herd) I just didn't like those sprinkly thing on the top of SSE.
Well when several TV shows have also made the mistake, it has probably confused many people. Like the Simpsons here:

Homer wants to go to Disney World but they go to 'EFCOT Center' instead much to his dismay.

The Empress Lilly

It was crass. Or p for ss if you prefer. It may have served some sort of festive purpose for the millenium celebrations, but otherwise it was an eyesore that diminished the majesty of SSE.

copcarguyp71

I am among the few frothing fans that I guess it did not bother. Seemed whimsical to me and as long as it was not a permanent fixture (big a$$ hat...I AM LOOKING AT YOU!) I did not see the harm.

HOWEVER...ahem, may I present my #1 all-time WDW buzzkill....
CINDERELLA_CASTLE.jpg

copcarguyp71

But I liked the cake.. :oops:

but you were four years old in 1996...

Imagine taking your new wife (1st anniversary trip) to WDW to share the magic you felt for the place and then entering Main ST USA to find the pink nightmare at the end of the street in lieu of the magical Cinderella castle we (our generation) had all come to love from The Wonderful World of Disney (TV show on Sunday nights)...it was anti-climactic to say the least.

epcotisbest

I am among the few frothing fans that I guess it did not bother. Seemed whimsical to me and as long as it was not a permanent fixture (big a$$ hat...I AM LOOKING AT YOU!) I did not see the harm.

CINDERELLA_CASTLE.jpg

And for us, the pink castle cake is among our favorite memories. Of course, we had seen the castle many times before, and just thought of it as a whimsical special occasion.

ImagineerDude

CINDERELLA_CASTLE.jpg
I literally though the cake castle was a great photoshop project that went viral until like last year! Hahaha!

EPCOT never really was a big deal to me until recently, so I didn't even know the wand wasn't supposed to be there when it was. Oh the things we learn as we grow older! :p

StarWarsGirl

CINDERELLA_CASTLE.jpg
Many times, I'm sad that I can't remember various things in WDW because I was too young or it was out of existence before I was born.

This is not one of those times

Scooter

I didn't mind the wand when it was there. But when they first took it down I was surprised at first at how empty and boring it looked without all the glitter and such. Having said that, I'm over it now and it looks fine without the wand now to me.

ParksAndPixels

In the Parks
Yes

CINDERELLA_CASTLE.jpg
Ironic the sight of the cake gave me same reaction as that much real cake... I needed Pepto... At least they go the color right...

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen đź’ś
Premium Member
It was cool for its original purpose but definitely overstayed its welcome.

That said, the wand had literally nothing to do with Frozen. Wedging that into the voting options is grade-a overreaching. Frozen is a spectacular success. Maybe try, you know, embracing it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom