What did you think of the wand/tower over spaceship earth?

Did you like the wand/tower over Spaceship earth?

• Total voters

minsmk

Original Poster
Personally, I am neutral. For one, I visited disney a lot when the wand was up. I have a memory from one of my first trips where, my parents were re-opening my stroler around the art of disney store. I just remember looking up and seeing the giant "Epcot/2000" sign (I forget which one was there at the time.) and just thinking "Wow, my parents talked about this place so much and now i'm here!"

But I also kind of hate it. Simply because it takes away from the classic epcot feel. (I wish they got rid of the tombstones as well.. Too bulky and hard to get in the park..)

Anyway, add your own choices down below! I'd love to hear what other people think ^^

Cmdr_Crimson

Time to pull out an old 90's quote from In Living Color that fits this the best way possible..
hated-it.jpg

Goofyernmost

I liked it with the exception of the "magic" sprinkles on the surface of SSE. I thought it was a great way to get people to realize that Epcot was a creation of Disney Co. and part of the whole resort. It seems hard to believe, but, many people really didn't realize it was a Disney Park. (I know, there's a lot to be said for thinning the herd) I just didn't like those sprinkly thing on the top of SSE.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
I liked it with the exception of the "magic" sprinkles on the surface of SSE. I thought it was a great way to get people to realize that Epcot was a creation of Disney Co. and part of the whole resort. It seems hard to believe, but, many people really didn't realize it was a Disney Park. (I know, there's a lot to be said for thinning the herd) I just didn't like those sprinkly thing on the top of SSE.
Really never thought of the fact that some guests didn't know that Epcot was a part of Disney. Thought that the WDW Monorail passing through it and all the Disney merchandise would have been a huge indicator.

epcotisbest

I liked both versions and never really jumped on the wand hate bandwagon. It was fine and never made any difference to our enjoyment of Epcot, just as the hat makes no...oh never mind. I like the hat.

Animaniac93-98

Really never thought of the fact that some guests didn't know that Epcot was a part of Disney. Thought that the WDW Monorail passing through it and all the Disney merchandise would have been a huge indicator.

I remember being on the monorail from Epcot to TTC. A woman with her group was talking about being on the monorail to Disney World, as if they were'nt already there. There are some who see it as seperate from WDW.

Maybe Disney is partly to blame for selling things like "The Official Album of Disneyland, Walt Disney World and EPCOT Center".

StarWarsGirl

It seems hard to believe, but, many people really didn't realize it was a Disney Park.
It's not hard to believe. I was talking someone, I guess she was in her 50s, who told me that she had never been to Disney World, but she had been to Epcot. I had to explain to her that yes, she has been to Disney World, just never to Magic Kingdom. She told me that Epcot didn't count as Disney World.o_O

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom