What did you see?

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Original Poster
Over the weekend, lots of elderly folks running on the boardwalk, and a wedding last week, which I'm sure I made an appearance in their wedding video :D.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Yesterday, I ran on Lakeshore (the locals know what Im talking about). It rained the entire time. I took the bare necessities. It was a nice run... and I wasnt the only one. Looks like a lot of folks came out to run in the rain.

Today while running I saw Matt Lauer...mind you it was because I was running on the treadmill in my basement and had the Today show turned on. I haven't ran in almost a month :)eek:), and I'm thinking that my co-ed soccer and softball teams don't really count as real running. So I'm trying to get myself back into fighting form for our up coming WDW trip so I can experience my first run around a Disney resort!:sohappy:

joel_maxwell

Tonight was like the old arcade game of Paper Boy. Lord, every car that could back out of its driveway, 3 sets of people walking dogs, a few kids on bikes, little league football and a small kid walking a dog while the dog looked at attention as I looked like a person that could harm its master. The dog was big enough that it could have drug this kid for blocks while chasing me.

That got my stomach for a minute. :lol:

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Original Poster
Yesterday:
To the guy who sidled up to me and tried to pace me on the boardwalk...please don't slap your forefoot like you're wearing divers fins and screw up my groove

To the woman who was feeding her kids that "healthy breakfast" of coffee, soda and doughnuts at 10am...I'm sure they'll thank you when they are obese by age 15

To the elderly lady who is burnt to a crisp from too much sun exposure and very much out of shape...please, please stop wearing skimpy bikinis and sauntering up and down the boardwalk

To the people who are trying to sell their house for the longest time on the corner of !@#$ blvd and route !@ ...perhaps it's the empty Busch beer cans littering your driveway that is turning off potential buyers...just a thought

I'll stop ranting now, yesterday was a bad day :mad:

Phonedave

On the way to the park, I am walking down the train tracks, when I see some sort of animal corpse. Maybe a raccoon, maybe a small dog, I don't know. But some thing (we have red fox around here) hit it. Entire belly was ripped out and gone. That was interesting.

and now on a lighter note.

I am running through the park on the path when this woman walking her dog comes the other direction. She shouts something at me, and I stop. She says "someone dropped a banana peel on the path up ahead, be careful don't slip on it." Lo and behold, about 20 yards later there is the banana peel in the middle of the path.

It was nice of her to point out. I just found it funny in a cartoon sort of way. As people go running along they slip on this random banana peel in the middle of the path.

-dave

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Original Poster
The other day on the boardwalk...a guy playing thrash metal, headbanging, via---air guitar :lookaroun...he didn't disappoint with the hardcore screaming lyrics either.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Original Poster
That is awesome. :lol:

It was certainly interesting. He was walking in the opposite direction, headbanging and strumming power chords (I assumed were power chords, because, well, its air guitar :lookaroun) with his iPod buds in ear. I thought, hmmm, okaay. Then I almost crapped myself because when he reached me, that's when the screaming lyrics began...was not prepared for that.

joel_maxwell

It was certainly interesting. He was walking in the opposite direction, headbanging and strumming power chords (I assumed were power chords, because, well, its air guitar :lookaroun) with his iPod buds in ear. I thought, hmmm, okaay. Then I almost crapped myself because when he reached me, that's when the screaming lyrics began...was not prepared for that.
That is even better. :lol:

WishIwasThere

On my run this morning a coyote came out of the woods about 50 yards in front of me and my dogs. It did its business and then watched us run towards it. It started down the path, about 100 feet in front of us, would run ahead a bit, stop and turn to watch us for a few seconds. It did this for about 1/2 mile then vered off the path. Very cool seeing one that close in the wild. Dogs really wanted to go say hi.

MKCP 1985

I rarely see anything noteworthy in my running sessions because most are on a treadmill at Planet Fitness and it would be a violation for me to report anything about my fellow runners as Planet Fitness is a judgment free zone. :lookaroun

But I did see this today and wanted to share it with everyone. This is from Brooks running shoes' website, and are photos from the Denver marathon:

"The Dude" encouraging everyone to run happy before the race:
brooks-rnr-dude-in-seattle-300x247.jpg

After: "The Dude" passed out, with the cups nearby serving as a testament to his having a little too much to drink

passed-out-brooks-rnr-dude1-292x300.jpg

:lol:

joel_maxwell

I rarely see anything noteworthy in my running sessions because most are on a treadmill at Planet Fitness and it would be a violation for me to report anything about my fellow runners as Planet Fitness is a judgment free zone. :lookaroun

But I did see this today and wanted to share it with everyone. This is from Brooks running shoes' website, and are photos from the Denver marathon:

"The Dude" encouraging everyone to run happy before the race:
brooks-rnr-dude-in-seattle-300x247.jpg

After: "The Dude" passed out, with the cups nearby serving as a testament to his having a little too much to drink

passed-out-brooks-rnr-dude1-292x300.jpg

:lol:
Love It!

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Original Poster
A woman with her very large water bottle nested in her sports bra between, um, well, you can guess :lookaroun. Looked very strange and uncomfortable. Should have told her to pick up a fuel belt.

JillC LI

I had an interesting find this weekend. I was running through a local park with my husband accompanying me on his bike when we noticed a wallet laying in the parking lot around which I was running at the time. It was very early and nobody else was around. I picked it up, checked inside, and sure enough there was some ID, a $2 bill, and a credit card. I stuffed he wallet into my pocket and dropped it off at the local police station on my way home. Felt like I had done my good deed of the day! :)

joel_maxwell

TOO MANY PEOPLE WALKING DOGS!

Ok, I love people and I love dogs. Just not the combo on the sidewalk when they are walking their dogs with flexi leashes. The dog is walking them and can stretch 10-15 feet to still try and tear my face off even when I get off the sidewalk and hit the street.

Oy!

Phonedave

TOO MANY PEOPLE WALKING DOGS!

Ok, I love people and I love dogs. Just not the combo on the sidewalk when they are walking their dogs with flexi leashes. The dog is walking them and can stretch 10-15 feet to still try and tear my face off even when I get off the sidewalk and hit the street.

Oy!

I love dogs. I really do.

However.

When we have thee dog parks in a 2 mile radius, what compels people to let them off leash on the running / bike paths ?

I like it when I run by and the dogs start following me. The owners all yelling "Rover, get back here !!!" and the dog is trotting along beside me. Serves them right.

-dave

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Original Poster
I'll chime in on the doggie discussion. I love dogs. But the signs state:
"NO DOGS ON THE BOARDWALK" becaue our four-legged friends like to leave little packages on said boardwalk, and their two-legged owners do not clean up after them. *dodging doggie packages*

joel_maxwell

I love dogs. I really do.

However.

When we have thee dog parks in a 2 mile radius, what compels people to let them off leash on the running / bike paths ?

I like it when I run by and the dogs start following me. The owners all yelling "Rover, get back here !!!" and the dog is trotting along beside me. Serves them right.

-dave
I also love the guy that thinks his dog is the best trained dog in the world and wouldnt EVER leave his side since he has him trained so well. First sight of a squirrel, ears perk up and he is on the chase.

Those are the type dogs that like to try and give me a crotch sniff while running at a fast pace.

I'll chime in on the doggie discussion. I love dogs. But the signs state:
"NO DOGS ON THE BOARDWALK" becaue our four-legged friends like to leave little packages on said boardwalk, and their two-legged owners do not clean up after them. *dodging doggie packages*
Smelling that is horrible while running. Not that it is pleasant any other time, but man, that just kicks you in the gut while running.

I like that my 2 dogs like to stay at home.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom