What did you do?

dreamfinder

Bike today.

2.3 miles on the treadmill. Should have done twice that, but was soooo unmotivated (as in after 5 minutes the voices inside start saying: are you SURE you want to run today ... maybe just a mile and call it quits ... ). I finally managed to motivate enough for a half hour, but really wanted to get home to watch a friend in a horse jumping competition (I love how many of competitions are broadcast thru the internet!) and if I had continued I would have missed her.

Half the battle is getting out there and just getting going some days.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
2.96 mile walk this AM.

Gonna do my first real run next Saturday, since vision is clearing up and won't be worried about stumbling. Thank goodness training schedule has a 3 miler, as I haven't run since before the 1st surgery in June. And I've only been to the gym once since then. I feel so out of shape..... :(

But I did find a pair of cool Ray-Bans at Costco the other day. :D

BrianV

2.96 mile walk this AM.

Gonna do my first real run next Saturday, since vision is clearing up and won't be worried about stumbling. Thank goodness training schedule has a 3 miler, as I haven't run since before the 1st surgery in June. And I've only been to the gym once since then. I feel so out of shape..... :(

But I did find a pair of cool Ray-Bans at Costco the other day. :D

Nice. Good luck. You can't really get out of shape that fast. Give it a few weeks and you'll be right back on track.

Having a vision problem of my own. Long exam found no serious problems though I do now need glasses for the first time ever. Phew. Long and short is I will have a floater in the middle of my vision for a long time. But eyes are fine.

10.3 miles in the cool 6:30 am air. (Of course my phone said 11.3 miles. Need a new phone.). Tomorrow will be rest.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Nice. Good luck. You can't really get out of shape that fast. Give it a few weeks and you'll be right back on track.

Having a vision problem of my own. Long exam found no serious problems though I do now need glasses for the first time ever. Phew. Long and short is I will have a floater in the middle of my vision for a long time. But eyes are fine.

10.3 miles in the cool 6:30 am air. (Of course my phone said 11.3 miles. Need a new phone.). Tomorrow will be rest.

Glad no serious problems with your eyes.

I'm excited to be glasses free - been wearing them since the 5th grade. No more steamy glasses slipping down my nose during workouts and runs, no fogging up going outside in the Florida heat. Still have to wear reading glasses, though.

Tomorrow will be completing the 2nd Virtual 5k....walking.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Started out for my 2nd Virtual 5k this AM. It was sunny, not a cloud in the sky. But, yeah, it's Florida and you know what that means....

Halfway around the loop in my neighborhood which encircles a large pond, I hear that ominous boom...thunder. So I pick up my pace to get back home. The 2nd boom makes me throw caution to the wind and I start a fast jog. Got back just as it started pouring.

So only did .96 miles today. Will try again tomorrow to do my 2nd Virtual run.

Drats.

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Just wasn't feeling the run today so instead of doing nothing I dragged my DD out to walk with me, telling her we'd go to the good ice cream place down by the lake. Which we did, but only after going through a neighborhood park, over to the botanical gardens and down and around the lake to the gelato place ... for a distance of 7 miles :rolleyes:. There was LOTS of grumbling in the beginning but when we hit the botanical gardens and I told her we'd gone halfway AND she had earned her Virtual 5 km medal she perked up and the grumbling pretty much stopped. ;)

LAKid53

Premium Member
Just wasn't feeling the run today so instead of doing nothing I dragged my DD out to walk with me, telling her we'd go to the good ice cream place down by the lake. Which we did, but only after going through a neighborhood park, over to the botanical gardens and down and around the lake to the gelato place ... for a distance of 7 miles :rolleyes:. There was LOTS of grumbling in the beginning but when we hit the botanical gardens and I told her we'd gone halfway AND she had earned her Virtual 5 km medal she perked up and the grumbling pretty much stopped. ;)

That sounds like a lovely walk. I would have done it without the gelato bribe...

Texas84

18 Muggy Miles this week, 9 Saturday. Got out at sunrise to beat the heat. It stayed overcast and the temp was 'only' 74 at finish. Really strong run, unlike last week when it was 80 at finish.

Here's what my Wednesday and Thursday mornings looked like:
WEBvic17_July20mo.jpg

Swissmiss

Premium Member
That sounds like a lovely walk. I would have done it without the gelato bribe...

It was, except for the "touristy" part of the lake. In addition to all the people they've started setting up all the rides and stages for the summer lake fair - which they have thankfully begun to reign in. Twenty years ago it went for a long weekend (4 days) then it increased to 10 days and then they added to it and it was more than a month! I think they finally realized that the more than a month did not necessarily bring in more money and was harder to maintain so we're now back to only 10 days. I do enjoy the 1 hour fireworks display on the last night though :)

And I would have happily bought you a gelato. Unfortunately they didn't have any mint chocolate chip (it's very rare to find it over here though sometimes it is in the grocery stores in France so maybe I can pick up a pint when we go down to the beach in a couple of weeks :)), but the plain chocolate chip was very good, as was the coconut :happy:.

@Texas84 - Lovely view you get when you run. Must be very peaceful starting the day with that.

LAKid53

Premium Member
It was, except for the "touristy" part of the lake. In addition to all the people they've started setting up all the rides and stages for the summer lake fair - which they have thankfully begun to reign in. Twenty years ago it went for a long weekend (4 days) then it increased to 10 days and then they added to it and it was more than a month! I think they finally realized that the more than a month did not necessarily bring in more money and was harder to maintain so we're now back to only 10 days. I do enjoy the 1 hour fireworks display on the last night though :)

And I would have happily bought you a gelato. Unfortunately they didn't have any mint chocolate chip (it's very rare to find it over here though sometimes it is in the grocery stores in France so maybe I can pick up a pint when we go down to the beach in a couple of weeks :)), but the plain chocolate chip was very good, as was the coconut :happy:.

@Texas84 - Lovely view you get when you run. Must be very peaceful starting the day with that.

Coconut, bleh. :hungover: My favorite is dark cherry. The gelato shop in Disney Springs has a dark cherry with amaretto. Yum. :hungry:

JillC LI

I knew it was going to be a tough run before I headed out the door Saturday morning in the heat and humidity so I gave myself an acceptable range instead of a definitive distance to run. I told myself I hoped for 8 miles but 6 would be ok. At the 6 mile mark, I could've gone one way towards home to complete 6.5 miles and another way to finish off 8 miles. I was woozy despite having run into a deli at 4 miles to buy a big bottle of ice water which I was continually pouring over my head. So I decided not to be stupid and headed towards home. Still a respectable run. Boy that cold shower felt good though.

LAKid53

Premium Member
2.65@2@7:30

Gave me new found respect for people that do things like the Beer Mile, Fat Man Run, and the Krispy Kreme Challenge. I always thought, oh yeah no big deal, a 5k and 3 hot dogs (tofu dogs), easy as pie. Now, not so sure.

I remember @Texas84 advising rather emphatically (based on his own personal experience) that the day before/of a race is not the time to try new foods, eat spicey/gasey foods.... Bland is best until the races are done. Then bring it on!

dreamfinder

2.7@2i, 1@7:30, 1.7@7:13.

I remember @Texas84 advising rather emphatically (based on his own personal experience) that the day before/of a race is not the time to try new foods, eat spicey/gasey foods.... Bland is best until the races are done. Then bring it on!

Definitely. Never try anything new before a race. DS ended up going down for a nap earlier than expected, so run time got pushed up by 30 mins. The things we do for our kids.

LAKid53

Premium Member
2.7@2i, 1@7:30, 1.7@7:13.

Definitely. Never try anything new before a race. DS ended up going down for a nap earlier than expected, so run time got pushed up by 30 mins. The things we do for our kids.

Even when they're grown up with kids of their own.....

Yeah, about noon on Half Sunday, I'm chowing down and having my first celebratory adult beverage.... :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom