What did you do?

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
This sounds really neat! Canopied by trees or some man made structure? I wish I had something like that up here in SC. The past couple summers have been brutal.

Trees. It's an old railway from my town down to the coast that was converted to a trail. Trail has mile markers since it has been used for races in the past. Bathroom at the head, with water fountains and covered benches along the way. At the end of the trail was a great place for beer and oysters, but sadly the place was flooded too many times because of storms and is no more. :(

Trail is very popular with runners, bikers, skaters, people walking their dogs and the occasional Army reservist running in full uniform with backpack. I live in Florida, so yeah, the heat & humidity 9 months out of the year.....

Swissmiss

Premium Member
An incredibly slow 2.7 miles in my collective training. Although we mostly ran in the shade, it was still 83 degrees out when we finished at 7:30 pm. Drank lots of water and finished each time segment running (slowly) which felt like an accomplishment given how hot it was.

kevlightyear

Trees. It's an old railway from my town down to the coast that was converted to a trail. Trail has mile markers since it has been used for races in the past. Bathroom at the head, with water fountains and covered benches along the way.
Gotcha. Sounds great. We have something like that, but it's a 45+ minute drive away. A 10K I ran once used part of it.

BrianV

Wisdom tooth extraction yesterday. My first question:. When can I run? Three days minimum which would be Saturday at the soonest. Cant do anything strenuous. :(

LAKid53

Premium Member
2.58 miles this AM in the heat and humidity. Was going to run the full ASPCA 5k, but it was really humid and we were afraid the dog was, in spite of several breaks for water, getting overheated. She completely pooped out when my son-in-law got her home...

123951.jpg

Won't be doing much next week. Have cataract surgery early Monday morning. Dr. said no strenuous exercise - no weights, etc., so probably will just stick to walking for a week or two. 2nd eye will be done in July. Benefit? Replacement lenses will correct nearsightedness and astigmatism, SO NO MORE EYEGLASSES!!!! Except for reading - my arms still won't be long enough, lol. No more glasses fogging up when I work out, when it rains, go outside into the Fla heat from the A/C....

Texas84

2.58 miles this AM in the heat and humidity. Was going to run the full ASPCA 5k, but it was really humid and we were afraid the dog was, in spite of several breaks for water, getting overheated. She completely pooped out when my son-in-law got her home...

View attachment 210748

Won't be doing much next week. Have cataract surgery early Monday morning. Dr. said no strenuous exercise - no weights, etc., so probably will just stick to walking for a week or two. 2nd eye will be done in July. Benefit? Replacement lenses will correct nearsightedness and astigmatism, SO NO MORE EYEGLASSES!!!! Except for reading - my arms still won't be long enough, lol. No more glasses fogging up when I work out, when it rains, go outside into the Fla heat from the A/C....

Was surgery this morning?

LAKid53

Premium Member
Was surgery this morning?

Yup. Went well. Have this weird plastic perforated eye patch I have to wear all the time until I go back tomorrow and then just when I sleep or nap for 1 week. Thinking of wearing one of the eye patches from DCL pirates night over it, lol. But I'm forbidden from bending below the waist for 2 weeks, so there's goes anything at the gym but the treadmill....and cleaning the house, not that I'm complaining there.

JillC LI

8 miles on a new trail on Saturday. Turned out to be MUCH hillier than I expected and I was exhausted, but I did it, and I even did it relatively fast for me.

DS graduates from high school this week so between prom and graduation activities along with a bunch of other things I have to drive my kids to, running is probably going to take a bit of a back seat today. Will try to squeeze in something short here and there.

Replacement lenses will correct nearsightedness and astigmatism, SO NO MORE EYEGLASSES!!!! Except for reading - my arms still won't be long enough, lol. No more glasses fogging up when I work out, when it rains, go outside into the Fla heat from the A/C....

Wish I was a good candidate for laser corrective surgery but I'm not. Hope you enjoy your new vision!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom