What did you do?

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
So we are on vacation down at Seacrest Beach and I decided to get in a 10 miler, although my training called for 13 this week.

Ran a slow pace on the brilliant sidewalks. until I ran out of real estate and ran into a state park.

I took a left and ended up on some sketchy path. I saw three people looking into the woods, they told me they were watching a bear....yikes.

Eventually the path turned into something more along the lines of a trail created by a single four wheeler. I usually do these runs by going out 5 miles then coming back I had not gotten to five, I kept going. I ran further and saw a sign nailed to tree that read "If you turn around now you are probably okay".

My curiosity was peaked so I just kept running. I was about to turn around because the path was getting pretty bad when I ran into an elderly British couple who were lost. The lady talked my ear off and everytime I tried to run she asked me questions about America. I finally got back to civilization and ran hard to the hotel.

One of the most unusual runs of my life.

Glad you didn't run into that bear....

Texas84

T-3, W-3, Th-3. Mornings were nice, low 60s with low humidity. Pace is getting a bit faster.

Visiting family in south Texas this weekend and I'll be hitting the rail-to-trail to get my long run in. Nice and flat.

JillC LI

Visiting family in south Texas this weekend and I'll be hitting the rail-to-trail to get my long run in. Nice and flat.

I've had south Texas on the brain lately. DS finished his application to UT Austin, and he's also applying to Rice.

Yesterday I watched him PR at a X-C meet. 19:11 in the 5K. His goal is sub-19 this season.

Texas84

I've had south Texas on the brain lately. DS finished his application to UT Austin, and he's also applying to Rice.

Yesterday I watched him PR at a X-C meet. 19:11 in the 5K. His goal is sub-19 this season.

I've probably mentioned I'm a Texas grad but have to admit Rice is a good school. Two good choices.

Texas84

Back from Texas. 10 miles Sunday on the Brownsville Battleground Trail. Ran to the Gladys Porter Zoo and could hear the animals. 3 miles Monday on the local trail along the arroyo. Usually I rest after a long run but I was eating way too much. Tex-Mex, Texas BBQ, Whataburgers, and Shipley Do-Nuts. :hungry:

Back to the training diet.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Back from Texas. 10 miles Sunday on the Brownsville Battleground Trail. Ran to the Gladys Porter Zoo and could hear the animals. 3 miles Monday on the local trail along the arroyo. Usually I rest after a long run but I was eating way too much. Tex-Mex, Texas BBQ, Whataburgers, and Shipley Do-Nuts. :hungry:

Back to the training diet.

I thought Whataburgers WERE part of a training diet. ;)

LAKid53

Premium Member
Workout, run, workout, run, that seems to be my life lately. Since we're doing Uni next week to makeup for the missed Labor Day trip thanks to Her-Mean, I've switched running weekends and this weekend I will do 14 miles. If it kills me. But I'm gonna have my phone in case I need to call Uber for a ride home, lol.

Today at the gym I was able to do planks! Imagine, getting excited about planks. :confused: Only able to hold for 30 seconds, but my left arm was fine. Did incline pull ups on the Smith machine and the arm was okay with that, too. So I guess my left arm is fully healed...and my trainer got this evil look in her eye..... Dead lifts next. :joyfull:

Texas84

Thought I had a points 5K this morning but it's next week. So easy 10-miler today at sunrise. Beautiful morning with low humidity but we need some rain.

No, Whataburgers are not training food. :D

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Tried to go to the gym after work to start running again (haven't done anything nor had any time since the DLP half) and all the treadmills were taken :mad:. Some bikes were open, so at least I did a half hour on the bike.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom