What did you do?

JillC LI

Workouts for the weekend:
Friday - 3 hour walking tour of the UMD campus for DS in what felt like 100 degree heat.
Sunday - 5 hours walking around Great Adventure (appreciating Disney more and more since there were almost no rides I wasn't too chicken to go on there, but I'd won a family 4 pack of tickets in a radio contest so we took the kids who love thrill rides) followed by a 3.55 mile run when we got home.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I keep forgetting to post my results...must be getting senile.

Yesterday, after an hour training session (making up for 1.5 months no gym due to broken elbow, hurricane and every other excuse to NOT go to the gym ;)), rowed for 15 minutes for a distance of about 2075 meters. I rowed! Haven't rowed in over 4 months. Felt good. :)

After another hour training session today, ran 2.63 miles at 1%, various paces.

LAKid53

Premium Member
@LAKid53 - That's fantastic about the rowing!

Thanks! I was worried that 15 minutes might be too much since it's been months and rowing is a total body workout, but no problem. The only issue I had was remembering which menu option and screen had the timed workout. Said I was getting senile, lol.

LAKid53

Premium Member
2@2i, neg splits sprinkled throughout Got to the gym really late today. Bah, I'm slipping

Showing my ignorance here, but what is a negative split? You run so fast, you break the time warp continuum and you loose time (said in the best Sheldon voice)? ;)

LAKid53

Premium Member
After another hour training session, 20 minutes on the ARC. I'm beginning to like these hour training sessions...wonder if I have enough unused sessions from the 1 1/2 months with no gym due to arm to schedule hour sessions until my trainer leaves for medical school in December. Yes, I'm loosing my trainer. :( :arghh: She's awesome!

My gym is participating in a 5K - virtually - that's being run Saturday morning to benefit a children's health organization in Miami. So I get to run on the TM with people actually running the race. Cool. And unlike the runDisney Virtual 5ks, all of the $35 registration fee goes to charity and I get a cool shirt, but no medal. :)

dreamfinder

2.75@2i, neg splits for 1mi, then 1.75@6:48.

Showing my ignorance here, but what is a negative split? You run so fast, you break the time warp continuum and you loose time (said in the best Sheldon voice)? ;)

Splits are the pacing/time for any subsection of a run. So you may see 5k, 10k, and 15k splits for a half marathon along with your final time. Depending on your training/running style you may see your splits stay flat, go up, or go down. Staying flat means you pretty much had your target pace in mind, and stuck right to it the entire race. Positive splits where the times go up (usually a bad thing) typically mean you started out too fast and then faded as the race went on, or just ran out of juice for some reason. Negative splits, where the times go down meaning that you were able to increase your pace as the race went on. Most people shoot to stay flat, or have negative splits.

In the context of a training run, and usually on a treadmill, basically I just kick the pace up a bit every 1/4 or 1/2 mile. So a 2mi run with neg splits on the 1/2s might be 1/2@8, 1/2@7:30, 1/2@7, 1/2@6:30. In a longer run it might be every 1 or 2 miles. So 1@8, 1@7:50, 1@7:40, 1@7:30, 1@7:20, etc.

LAKid53

Premium Member
2.27 miles in 30 minutes. Had both a shortened training session and run dye to eye doctor appointment. Am sitting here typing this post wearing sunglasses due to dilated eyes, so any typos I'm blaming on that. ;)

Thanks, @dreamfinder, for the info in splits. Know what they are, but I just say, "ran faster" or "ran slower". Will have to start talking about negative splits to impress people. hah hah. Unfortunately, my Surge doesn't capture detailed splits for TM runs...just distance, HR, time. So my splits are based on time, not distance, in conjunction with Galloway's training. I am assuming you are using a different fitness tracker or an app on your phone.

As long as I can complete the half in November in around 2.5 hours...and NOT get picked up by the Pace Ladies, I will be overjoyed.

@Texas84 and @Swissmiss, y'all getting excited about Paris?

LAKid53

Premium Member
Big time excited. And nervous. Have to get organized this weekend. The half course looks like fun. Hope it's flat! :)

Make sure to take plenty of pictures...not while you're running, of course. We expect some photos to be posted when you return and recover from jet lag. At least of photo of that medal. :)

dreamfinder

Bike today.

Thanks, @dreamfinder, for the info in splits. Know what they are, but I just say, "ran faster" or "ran slower". Will have to start talking about negative splits to impress people. hah hah. Unfortunately, my Surge doesn't capture detailed splits for TM runs...just distance, HR, time. So my splits are based on time, not distance, in conjunction with Galloway's training. I am assuming you are using a different fitness tracker or an app on your phone.

On a TM it's all mental notation/math. So it tends to be easy to remember splits/distances. Outdoors I have my Garmin set to do laps on the mile and I figure it out from that.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Bike today.

On a TM it's all mental notation/math. So it tends to be easy to remember splits/distances. Outdoors I have my Garmin set to do laps on the mile and I figure it out from that.

I'm lucky to make a note of distance and pace at the end of my run. Our TMs at the gym aren't the best (too much manual manipulation, especially to change pace) and the only stats shown at the end are distance, average pace, time and calories burned. All which my Fitbit captures. But they do have a built in fan, which is nice when it works.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Haven't logged in in a while. Now that the weather has cooled and I'm all healed, I'm back extending my long run. 7 miles this am on the way to a half in 2 months. 10k next week too. Must keep healthy for the next two months!

Glad to hear you're all healed...welcome back! That half wouldn't be at Disney, by chance....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom