What did you do?

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Still a bit concerned about overdoing it for my hip so went walking this morning - did 3.8 miles in 1h16, but we stopped quite a bit of time at school to look at the class lists (school starts Monday) and also hit nearly every red light possible, so it was probably under 1h10. Not quite a fast enough pace to finish the DLP half while walking, but not too far off either - so if I can run a bit by the end of September I should be on track to finish it within the time limit.

dreamfinder

10m race Sat, 1:20:01 I think, but yet somehow they said my pace was 8:01. Think it would be closer to 8:00:01, but my math could be wrong. Was hoping to be about 4 mins faster to improve my corral in January, but it was a fair bit warmer than it was last year. It's a pretty tough course, but part of the USATF Grand Prix this year, so someone showed up and smoked it in 50 mins.

@JillC LI just for you today - B.

Texas84

Tue-3, Wed-5, Thu-3. Humidity bad this AM but for some reason I felt like picking up the pace and finished 2 minutes faster than usual. Hermine is heading right for us. No long run this weekend.

dreamfinder

Nothing this AM. Gym supposed to open at 4AM, when I pulled up at 5 there were a bunch of people waiting outside. Still dark and locked up by the time I had to leave to go to work. Boo....... Looks like the opener quit, overslept by alot, or got sick. Hope to sneak something in this evening.

JohnByers

Boy was this morning a sore one. After trying to keep up with my 30 kids on my XC team doing our 30 min workout running up and down bleachers and another 30 min of core work Tuesday and then yesterday running with my kids at practice to get a good 5k run in leading up to tomorrows invitational meet I was one sore coach this morning. I just keep telling myself 40 is the new 30 and keep on going! Hoping to hit a decent time at my first ever WDW 5k and enjoy some fun times at the F&W festival to celebrate the end of XC season and enjoy the break before indoor track season starts.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Between last Saturday and this Saturday did lots of running around but no running (why does back to school week have to be so busy?!). But way back in June I had signed up for a local race (12.1 km) for today because it fit into my training for the DLP half. I knew that 12.1 was too ambitious after my injury but was able to switch to the 7.4 km and am pleased to learn I was NOT the last (though maybe the three people that came in behind me took a wrong turn and actually ran the 12.1 ;)). Finished about 15 minutes slower than my pre-injury times but this course was also really HILLY! Beautiful run through vineyards, forests and past a couple of farms.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
So, been MIA. We had this little storm we affectionately call Her Mean come through Thursday evening. Lots of downed trees - I've got one in my backyard - 100,000+ without power initially, 45,000 without power as of this morning, me included. Spent the past two days cleaning up all the debris around the yard, but will let the tree guy tackle the 30 foot pine tree that fell in the backyard and the 15 foot oak limb in my side yard.

It's been warm, but thanks to overcast skies and the afternoon downpours, not oppressively hot. Spent the morning throwing out $$$ worth of food and cleaning the fridge. Just want to have power back in time to watch tomorrow night's game.

I think two days of cleanup after the hurricane is a good substitute for runs. Especially since there's no A/C to cool down in...but that cold shower feels wonderful.

Hopefully, things will be back on track tomorrow or the next day, because I'm waaay behind in my training for W&D. Drove by gym yesterday and looked like they still don't have power. But as soon as they do, I'm going...at least to take a hot shower, lol.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom