What did you do?

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
January in Boston is the worst. Dark, cold, and snowy. I'd take Florida in August over Boston in January any day.

Send us some snow and we will send you some warm. It's nice to have mild winters, but 85 degrees on Christmas Day isn't Christmas....

dreamfinder

Bike Friday, 3.1ish outside with the jogger Sat. Sun was 3.1@2@8, 6.2 in 25 min on bike, then 3.1@2, 1!8, 1@7:30, 1@7, .1@6:30. Legs were just not in it either Sat or Sun. Going to blame the heat/humidity from the race on Thurs. Today was bike.

JillC LI

Congrats on finishing your race safely @dreamfinder.

I'd take Florida in August over Boston in January any day.

Six of one, half a dozen of the other - they both stink.

I planned to do 6 on my TM on Sunday morning but the TM didn't sound quite right. I made it to 5.28 miles and then I decided I'd better stop before I permanently damage it because it was getting worse. It's 10 years 8 months old with thousands of miles on it, but the motor is still running strong. I'd rather not turn what I think is a small repair needed into a larger repair. Pretty sure there's a loose connection at the power cord, plus the belt is starting to ripple. After all that time, I am grateful that I've never had any problems with it or needed any service. But I'm still bummed that it's out of commission in this heat until I can get someone to the house to repair it. Hopefully within a week or two. Guess I'll be getting up super early to run til then.

BrianV

Longest run since July 11…5.5M at 9:43. No knee pain though I did run gingerly. Feeling so upbeat!

I planned to do 6 on my TM on Sunday morning but the TM didn't sound quite right. I made it to 5.28 miles and then I decided I'd better stop before I permanently damage it because it was getting worse. It's 10 years 8 months old with thousands of miles on it, but the motor is still running strong. I'd rather not turn what I think is a small repair needed into a larger repair. Pretty sure there's a loose connection at the power cord, plus the belt is starting to ripple. After all that time, I am grateful that I've never had any problems with it or needed any service. But I'm still bummed that it's out of commission in this heat until I can get someone to the house to repair it. Hopefully within a week or two. Guess I'll be getting up super early to run til then.

Ugh!!! But better the TM than you! :)

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Still on only walking so I did 2.6 miles on the treadmill. I've been given the OK to try running on Thursday . A part of me is revving to go, and a part of me is scared to take that first faster step - so hopefully a slow and easy run will help me build up my confidence that all is healed.

dreamfinder

2.5@2i@8

Bummer. Hope it's okay.

Thanks. I think it's really me not getting nearly enough sleep, and not stretching nearly as much to loosen stuff up. Not just pre/post run, but throughout the day. I've never been flexible, (don't think I could touch my toes since I was like 5) so it takes a lot for me work on my range of motion.

A part of me is revving to go, and a part of me is scared to take that first faster step - so hopefully a slow and easy run will help me build up my confidence that all is healed.

Just make sure not to push it. Nothing wrong with a nice easy shake out the cobwebs jog pace for a while.

Swissmiss

Premium Member
I ran! :) Thanks @dreamfinder - I did take it slow. I did a five minute walking warm up and cool down, and in between did three repetitions of 3 minutes of running followed by 2 minutes walking, so the whole workout was 25 minutes on the treadmill (2.5 km). I see my osteo tomorrow evening so he can evaluate if my hip is up to me doing more this weekend. I felt ok running in terms of my hip but boy was I panting! Haven't been breathless like that since I first started running seriously 4-5 months ago :(. Thanks everyone for all your support - you are all a fantastic virtual support group! ;)

imagination30

sorry guys been mia for a while .. but work is crazy right now .. but ..
this morning .. - 8.13 and weds- 7.32 , , for a total so far for the year 172.04
and i have decided to add another marathon to my list .. instead of running st. jude in april as half like i do , im running the full!

Texas84

T-3, W-4, Th-3. Not a bad week, the humidity has dropped and temps have dropped into the high 80's.

Thinking about a full marathon in November so re-visiting my training schedule.

Texas84

10 miles this morning. Good run, not great. I was sick all day after last week's muggy 9-miler but feel good today. Weather is getting cooler and less humid. Mentally the time went very fast and that's a good thing.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
10 miles this morning. Good run, not great. I was sick all day after last week's muggy 9-miler but feel good today. Weather is getting cooler and less humid. Mentally the time went very fast and that's a good thing.

Wish it wasn't so muggy here in Florida... temperatures still in the mud 90s. :depressed:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom