What did you do?

Texas84

Did my first post injury run Saturday - actually was a very brisk (pace of 17'08" on treadmill at 2% incline) walk - but it was a 5k and took me a little over 50 minutes (was interrupted by phone call from DD, so had to slow pace). And started back at gym with trainer Monday. Man, were my legs sore after just a 20 minute session; it's been over a month since a real gym workout. Start physical therapy tomorrow to get the stiffness worked out of my arm, so I will eventually be able to fully extend it. But everything is healing on target. And more importantly, no need for surgery since radial head has stayed in the joint. Yippee!!! Still have stiffness/soreness in the morning when I first wake up... now I know what folks with arthritis go through.

Anyone running the Wine & Dine Half in November? I noticed that runDisney still has last year's training schedule on the website. I like the convenience of downloading the schedule into my calendar, but 2015 isn't going to cut it. And the training for a first time Halfer starts in early July. Yeah, I could manually add the 19 weeks to my calendar, but I'm lazy and the download function is so simple.... I did send runDisney a quick email asking when they'd update for 2016.

Will be glad when I can actually run. Right now anything other than a brisk walk creates too much motion in my arm to be comfortable. Tried it last week and boy, did my left arm let me know it's still healing.....

Sounds positive!

Yep, I'm doing the new W&D challenge. I'll be using the trusty Higdon plan again.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
30 minutes on the stationary bike for a distance of 7.38 miles. And that's after the first session with the physical therapist and a 30 minute leg/shoulder workout with the trainer at the gym. Felt sooooo good. Might not feel the same tomorrow, though. :D

Worst part? The stationary bikes are right behind the 2 rowing machines at my gym. And I love rowing. But I can't for at least another month. :( But when I'm cleared by the orthopedist, those machines are MINE!

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Did a 5 mile circuit today to support the local cancer society - a bit slower than my five mile run last week, but some areas were extremely narrow and somewhat muddy. It was nice to able to combine a training run with a good cause.

LAKid53

Premium Member
I ran!!!! Granted it was 2 intervals as part of a 45 minute hills workout on the treadmill, but I ran!

First interval was 12 minutes at inclines of 1.0, 1.5., 0.0 and 0.5. Second interval was 10 minutes (wanted to do another 12, but I was getting pooped and heart rate was getting to max of my workout range) with inclines of 1.5, 1.0, 0.0, and 1.0. Both were at paces of 15:00 m/m. Yes, that's slow - I'll never be a competitive runner; if I can get my pace down to a fastest of 12:00, I'll be ecstatic.

Total distance for the 45 minutes was 2.73 miles, even though my Surge said 2.95, I'll take the treadmill stat. Walking pace was either 17:08 or 16:40, depending on the incline, the steepest being 3.5%.

I know I'm going to feel this tomorrow, but Sunday's my day of rest anyway... :D

Heard back from runDisney on updating the training schedule for the Wine & Dine Half with 2016 dates. They said they were working with Galloway to get the new schedules for all upcoming races, but that I should check back frequently or could just modify last year's schedule with this year's dates. Guess they missed that part of my email where I said I was lazy and wanted the convenience of downloading the schedule into my Google calendar. Yeah, sure, I'm going to manually add three runs each week for 19 weeks to my calendar. Sheesh.......

Going to go die now, after I finish my post workout glass of chocolate milk. ;)

LAKid53

Premium Member
^ :D

5 miles this AM and felt like 10. 75F and 85% humidity at start. Rough. Training for Paris is going to be FUN! :facepalm:

Just checked the temperature. It's currently 98 degrees with humidity of 49%. Heat index makes it 104.

BTW, I think the humidity is greater than 49%. So said the sweat rolling down my face after a 5 minute walk to the mailbox.

Oh, god, it's only June. What is August going to be like here in FlorGeorgia? :eek:

BrianV

7.75 miles this am. Started to strong and couldn't keep my pace. Even walked some . But still managed a respectable (for me) 10:20. So I am happy.

LAKid53

Premium Member
30 minute hills run on treadmill...my Tuesday "maintenance" run. Average pace was 15:37 and distance was 1.91m. However, my Fitbit said 2.21 miles.

Each day it's getting easier and easier...didn't feel like I was going to die. Didn't think that nearly two months of no gym or running would get me out of shape. But, then all my energy has been focused on healing my arm.

Oh, for those using Galloway's training program, runDisney has updated the schedule for the Wine & Dine. Downloaded the Lumiere's Challenge into my calendar and was :eek: when I saw several weekends with runs on both Saturday and Sunday (and distance runs on Sunday). WT? Sunday is the rest day. Then I read his narrative and realized Saturday was walking, not running. Phew. *wipes brow*

So starting the day after the 4th, I will be in official training mode for Wine & Dine. And I probably will be whining about September. ;)

Clarification: I'm going to be whining by September, not about the month.... Should start editing what I've written more thoroughly before I post. :D

Last edited:

LAKid53

Premium Member
Is it just me, or is this killer heat we've had for the past week getting to us all? 98+ degree weather in Florida isn't typical for June. That's late July/August/September temps.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom