What did you do?

dreamfinder

3.5@2i@7p, 4@2i@7:30p, 5@2i@8p, 10.5@2i@9p, and bike over the last 5 days respectively. I'd be in great shape if I was doing a half Dopey, but it is what it is.

Greenlawler

Yesterday's 6 miles at 8:15 was easy, starting to feel the benefit of cutting the soft drinks out this week. I do this from time to time, I went three years once, but it's just so hard for me because I love the taste of Coke so much.

Not excited about today's 10 miler.

Made the mistake of doing Mexican for lunch.

Update later...

Greenlawler

3.5m on TM last night. Had to squeeze it in between chauffeuring kids around. Gonna be like that for the next few months. I'm going to have to be very dedicated and efficient if I want to squeeze in my runs on the weekdays.
Yeah, back when we had a treadmill at the house life was easier, I could simply wait till they went to bed. But not many affordable treadmills can endure the mileage my wife and I put on a treadmill. I run 42 miles a week minimum, and that's off season. I weigh anywhere from 180-200 depending on the season, that's a lot of strain on the belt. My wife runs at least an additional 20 or so.
Can't afford one of those industrial jobs, we give too much to runDisney....irony.

Miss the home treadmill, now we rely on the 24 hour gyms

dreamfinder

Bike today

what is your average half time? ...you train fast

Don't know if I would really say I have an average half time. It will fluctuate by 10-15 mins depending on what distance I am training for at any given time. Maybe in the 7:30-8 window? Most recent one was an 8:02 pace, but considering it was a) longest race in almost 18 months b) longest run in about 10 months it may not be the best indicator.

JillC LI

I received an email from runDisney Stride today in which I noticed the following statement:

"2016 is the year for anyone to overcome their hesitation or fear of the word "marathon" during one of our magical races. That is because runDisney events are not just for runners. Many of our participants choose to jog or walk during our events."

Maybe this is just my own pet peeve, and I know I'm not a super fast runner, but I thought the running community was past the distinction between "runners" and "joggers." The above statement by runDisney that if you choose to jog you are not a runner irked me. Is it just me?

Greenlawler

I received an email from runDisney Stride today in which I noticed the following statement:

"2016 is the year for anyone to overcome their hesitation or fear of the word "marathon" during one of our magical races. That is because runDisney events are not just for runners. Many of our participants choose to jog or walk during our events."

Maybe this is just my own pet peeve, and I know I'm not a super fast runner, but I thought the running community was past the distinction between "runners" and "joggers." The above statement by runDisney that if you choose to jog you are not a runner irked me. Is it just me?

Interesting, it does not irk me so much, but it's funny "that line" between jogging and running, it's all personal perspective right?

Texas84

Naw, didn't bother me. Maybe they're going for the people worried about the sweep. Whenever I did a 12-13 minute pace with my cousin (her pace) I felt like that was jogging. But yeah, perspective.
iamnotfast.png

imagination30

32 days!!! till wdw // a beautiful 46 degrees .. , did 9.24 i have figured out my breathing in cold weather it has gotten better , since i first started running ... but bringing my total for the year so far to 349.88

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom