What did you do?

LindsayLoves

First time I've had back to back runs since Dumbo. Also the first time we've had temps in the 70s for two consecutive days, coincidence? I think not.

@JillC LI - nice job! Glad to hear you were able to push it a little bit speed wise. It is nice to hear that you son has gained some respect for his sister's sport, swimming is tough stuff.

@tmitch - hope you heal up before your goal race - I am assuming you weren't just running a 20 miler for fun (though it is possible)

tmitch

First time I've had back to back runs since Dumbo. Also the first time we've had temps in the 70s for two consecutive days, coincidence? I think not.

@JillC LI - nice job! Glad to hear you were able to push it a little bit speed wise. It is nice to hear that you son has gained some respect for his sister's sport, swimming is tough stuff.

@tmitch - hope you heal up before your goal race - I am assuming you weren't just running a 20 miler for fun (though it is possible)
No, there is nothing about a 20 mile run that remotely resembles anything fun :)

Texas84

6-miler this morning with lots of energy. Not sure where that came from. Maybe because I'm spending less time focusing on my foot.

Why are school buses picking up kids at 0600?

imagination30

i can go the distance.. -- today was the day i crushed 300 . and so i had a mind set to only do 3 miles , but I did 4.20 . it was a cool and breezy 66 this morning so again. shorts and long sleeve shirt .. it was nice and overcast too bc of the storm moving in this weekend.. , but im proud to say i Hit 300.60 it was amazing .. my quds where hurting .. i dont know why! .. so now off to Nashville for some rr and r this weekend and a taylor swift concert! :) 14.99 this week , hokas - 71. 87 , month of sept 31.91

Last edited:

JillC LI

Nice to catch up on here and see what everyone has been doing. I've been in Texas since last Wednesday. Went to Austin to visit my sister's family in their new home (big adjustment for them from NYC) and to check out Dallas as well for a Cowboys game and the Texas State Fair. What a beautiful city (suburbs) Austin is. I had the opportunity to do a short run one morning around Lady Bird Lake - man was that view inspiring with the sun rising. My only other exercise was an hour of kayaking with my sister, which as a non-rower was a LOT of exercise for me, especially when we were returning against the current.

Texas84

Nice to catch up on here and see what everyone has been doing. I've been in Texas since last Wednesday. Went to Austin to visit my sister's family in their new home (big adjustment for them from NYC) and to check out Dallas as well for a Cowboys game and the Texas State Fair. What a beautiful city (suburbs) Austin is. I had the opportunity to do a short run one morning around Lady Bird Lake - man was that view inspiring with the sun rising. My only other exercise was an hour of kayaking with my sister, which as a non-rower was a LOT of exercise for me, especially when we were returning against the current.

Jealous. I'm a Texas grad and I miss Town Lake (what Lady Bird used to called). Love those trails.

JillC LI

Four miles last night. It seems to have gone from summer to fall overnight, dropping from temps near 80 to temps in the 50s. I'll take it! Now I just hope that Hurricane Joaquin stays away.

Kermit262

14 miles this morning in a light mist. 30 for the week. Calves were jumping all over the place at the end.

Fastest miles were 12 and 14 because I just wanted to get it over with. Foot is great, it's all mental right now.
Texas - what plan did you wind up going with? My wife signed me up for the marathon a few days ago and I've got to come up with a plan ASAP. This Sunday I'm running a half that I plan to use for coral placement.

Texas84

Texas - what plan did you wind up going with? My wife signed me up for the marathon a few days ago and I've got to come up with a plan ASAP. This Sunday I'm running a half that I plan to use for coral placement.

Hal Higdon's Dopey plan at halhigdon.com. I used it in January and it worked. Check out his marathon only plans.

Good luck with the half!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom