What did you do?

Texas84

I finally did it! I beat the two hour half marathon today! I had a time of 1:49:04. Great race conditions, low 60's, clouds blocking the sun, cool breeze blowing through the metropark where the race was held. It was so peaceful you could hear the music at the finish line about a half mile away calling you in. Now I have a great time to submit to the Star Wars and Paris race, assuming I get in. Next on my schedule, Vegas.
20150913_171209_zpsf5rzxbdz.jpg

You didn't beat two hours, you destroyed it. Congrats! I'm trying to beat two hours for the first time at W&D.

JillC LI

Congrats @Mad Stitch! That's fantastic.

As for me, 6.5 miles outdoors on Saturday, and another 3.5 last night on the TM. Did some speedwork last night for the first time since earlier this year. I was REALLY out of conditioning for it so I did 5 short reps with long rest intervals, but it was a start.

Texas84

Took my shoes to the foot doc yesterday. He looked at my last pair with 300 miles that was all run on flat terrain (including Dopey) and he said I could get 50 more miles on them. Then I showed him my current pair I'm using in my new hilly neighborhood (250 miles on them) and he seriously laughed out loud and said get rid of these right now. So now I'm only allowed 200 miles on the hills. New shoes ordered.

LindsayLoves

@Mad Stitch - awesome job breaking 2:00 in a HUGE way!

@Texas84 - thanks for keeping us updated, interesting to hear about the shoe wear on hills vs. flat terrain

I did 4 miles yesterday for the first time since the Disneyland Half weekend. It is still in the 80s and it is mid-September, California was oddly a nice break from the heat and humidity here, until the last two days of the trip.

I just started a report about my experiences at the half weekend.
forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/the-disneyland-half-marathon-is-10-years-old-race-report.904908/

Texas84

@Mad Stitch - awesome job breaking 2:00 in a HUGE way!

@Texas84 - thanks for keeping us updated, interesting to hear about the shoe wear on hills vs. flat terrain

I did 4 miles yesterday for the first time since the Disneyland Half weekend. It is still in the 80s and it is mid-September, California was oddly a nice break from the heat and humidity here, until the last two days of the trip.

I just started a report about my experiences at the half weekend.
forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/the-disneyland-half-marathon-is-10-years-old-race-report.904908/

Looking forward to hearing what you thought of DLR as a first-timer. I used to go when I was a kid but I was still blown away by the changes.

Texas84

7 miles today, 18 for the week. Switched back to the trusty New Balance 880s that I used for four years, although this is now version 5. The Fresh Foams were OK but just seemed clunky to me.

The foot situation is down to a burning in the back of the ankle. Legs are itching like crazy and Doc says that's the nerves healing up. Getting stronger.

imagination30

a beautiful day for a run.. started out walked 1.40 with mom , then ran 4 more to bring my totla to 5.32 and so that brings me to 290.93 for the yerar so far and for the month of sept. 22.26 and with my hoka 62.20 , gearing up to break 300 miles this week and looking at breaking 2 hours my next two races.. - in oct. and disney .. still looking for a christmas race.. to give me one more push for jan. .. 109 days baby! .. till i see the mouse! , our should i say duck! lol

tmitch

Had last 20 miler, and at mile 12 had terrible pain on outside of knee. Can put weight on it with no pain, but kind of hurts to bend. Praying it's sore it band and not a meniscus tear

Texas84

Had last 20 miler, and at mile 12 had terrible pain on outside of knee. Can put weight on it with no pain, but kind of hurts to bend. Praying it's sore it band and not a meniscus tear

That happened to me two years ago. Used a knee support and I was fine but I should have gone to see the doctor. Good luck!

JillC LI

So Sunday morning was our Summer's Not Done Aquarun Duathlon. DD13 and I were a relay team, and DS16 was on his own. He had never swam more than a few laps in a pool but he was convinced that a half mile swim would be nothing for him since it was "just twice around the track." He was talking a LOT of smack the night before about how he was going to beat us. Well he got a much needed lesson in humility on Sunday when 1/3 of the way into the open water swim in the Bay he had to flag down a lifeguard in a boat because he couldn't finish! LOL. They did let him do the 3 mile run although his finish time wouldn't count, and he finished in about 19 minutes I think.

As for our relay team, DD finished the 1/2 mile swim in 17 minutes, and I ran my leg in 28.5 minutes (9.5 min/mile pace) which is faster than I've allowed myself to run since I developed RA at the beginning of the year. We were quite pleased with our relay time and had a blast together. As for DS, I'm actually happy that he now has an appreciation for just how strong his little sister is and that swimming is not an "easy sport" compared to running.

Hope you're feeling better.

imagination30

so was the today i was going to break 300 , or so i thought ... but tonday was a beautfiul day for a run . so heres plus me .. i hit 1 mile at 11somethng .. and kept it almost that way till the end of my run .. in total i did 5.47 . - with a pace 11:40ish! ... but sadly i came up short .. by 3 miles . so im at 296.40... :/ , for the month of spet. Im at 27.71, and hokas, 67.67

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom