What did you do?

LindsayLoves

Today: My first real attempt at speed work in about 6 months. I am trying out Hal Higdon's Advanced Half Marathon training plan with some small changes, today was supposed to be 8x400 but since I am just starting off speed work I cut it down to 5x400 and will skip/alter some hill work since my half marathon will be super flat. 400s are supposed to be at 5k pace (about 7:17/mile according to the calculators out there) but since I left the sheet of paper at home with that time/speed I figured I would shoot for 1:40, which I found out after the workout is 6:38/mi, oops.
1.89 mi w/u, 400 @ 1:38, 1:39, 1:43, 1:40, 1:41, w/ 1:30 RI and 1.69mi c/d

Yesterday: 45 minutes of leg and core strength with weights, haven't done this combo in three weeks, definitely feeling the hurt today.

Monday: Rest, ankle/achilles were a little sore from the weekend, unscheduled rest day.

Sunday: 7.10 miles, longest run since January. My right ITB was a bit tight from two days of running on concrete but quickly forgot about that pain when I went through an unassuming super deep puddle of ice water soaking my feet.

Saturday: 6.42 miles. The goal was to run for an hour since there was still plenty of ice out there so distance was not a concern.

Friday: Had to scrap lunch run because of a long phone interview, ended up walking up 60 flights of stairs throughout the day.

LindsayLoves

Today: 5 mile progression run, 9:10, 8:27, 8:24, 8:13, and 7:40. The only plan going in was to run for 40 minutes. Definitely a nice surprise when I looked at my watch at the end of the run.

Yesterday: Easy 3.5 mile run, legs were sore as all get out from weights on Tuesday and speed on Wednesday but I found a guy going around a 9:30/mi pace and I made sure NOT to pass him.

Texas84

6 miles on sidewalks. Makes for a slower run. Last half mile was asphalt and it felt like the track at ESPN. Seriously. Temps in the 50s and the Bradford Pears are in full bloom. Cherry blossoms are about to burst. Buds everywhere.

Watched the LA Marathon on WGN this morning. Looks like a fun race.

imagination30

A Beautiful sunday after noon , a nice day 70 degrees , and the first itme weve seen the sun in while so why not take full advantage of it... , i did 10.10 miles ... In my new st. jude training shirt ... then came home and did some paceing of mom for 2 miles . so that brought me to 12. 01 miles for my biggest milage in a while .. and alos . bringing me 1 mile shy of 100 for the year! .... ill break it tomoorow!

JillC LI

Half hour on the stationary bike Saturday afternoon and again Sunday evening. Beautiful weather Sunday, and I managed a 3 mile walk with the dog. It was a good day pain-wise so I even jogged half a block here and there. I don't know who was happier about that, me or the dog. :) Doing what I can when I can.

JillC LI

Please do. Biking is cross training. Not to mention it's starting to get a little lonely in this thread......

I noticed how quiet it's been lately. Wonder why we've lost so many "regulars."

Today I feel better than I have in 2 months. Don't know if it's a fluke or if the new meds are kicking in or what, but I feel like I could run and run and run. Unfortunately, I don't think that would be wise just yet because I'm not sure if the joint inflammation is actually subsiding or just being masked, so I'll stick with more biking until my next dr's appointment.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom