What did you do?

Texas84

Sweetheart 12K (why 12K?) this morning. Longest run since Dopey/Rebel. 28F at start so it was mostly serious runners and that put me in the back of the pack even running at my half marathon PR pace.

Off to visit the Texas family next weekend and run the Jalapeño 100 10K. Lows are supposed to be in the 60's. Nice.

LindsayLoves

Got myself out the door for 33 minutes of running. With temps in the single digits and negative wind chills I was not waiting for my garmin to get a satellite so my mileage is way off. Glad I got out there, I have been struggling big time to get into a normal running routine so I think today was a good start. No more excuses!

I signed up for a fall marathon yesterday so I have some good motivation to get back on track. Wineglass 2015 here I come.

Kristia

Been absent here for a while. It has been tough to keep up the running with this brutal cold we have been having. It is times like this when I think that I really need a treadmill! Someone was selling one cheap on one of the facebook yard sale groups, but I was just a bit too late to grab it.

My sister, Dan and I got into the Broad Street 10 mile Run. It has been a lottery for the past 3 years and luckily, we have made it in all 3 years. I think it has an 85% acceptance rate, but I am seeing a lot of people posting that they didn't get in and are of course, very upset. I just registered for the Wildwood Half Marathon too. That will be a first time race for Dan and me. Official half and ten mile training starts next week. Hopefully the weather starts to break soon!

Hope you are ok @JillC LI ! We need to do the Hershey Half this year! :)

LindsayLoves

:hilarious: I applaud all of you who run outside in this weather. As soon as I see a snowflake it's the treadmill for me until spring.

:joyfull:
I am ok in the cold my breaking point is icy conditions. I am also too cheap to join a gym so running outside it is!

Yesterday 5ish miles in 45 minutes. Running is hard when you are out of shape and its even harder when you have a huge southern soul food lunch for a co-workers going away party and you feel like puking every time you run uphill. True story. Longest run I've done since the marathon in January so I am hoping things can only get better from here.

Edit: Just got a little over 4 miles in during lunch. Its a balmy 30 degrees here today and it was beautiful.

Last edited:

imagination30

well tex , it 25 here in alabama today and i got out and did 4.80 in freezing rain and snow ... and its snowing harder as i speak! bringing my total miles for the year so far . to 70. 37 .. and its not even mid summer yet!

JillC LI

Yeah, I wimped out yesterday. 16F with 20mph winds.

well tex , it 25 here in alabama today

Record low of 2 degrees here yesterday. Not that I can run yet anyway. Saw dr yesterday and no firm answer yet on my many aches and pains. Gotta wait ten days for test results and was instructed not to run in the interim. This is the longest I've gone without running in ten years and I'm going nuts :-(

ItlngrlBella

Not a runner (asthma) - but I can keep it under control With other exercise so today I did 30 minutes on the elliptical, then kettle bells, crunches and lunges, downstairs in our little mini gym. It's -6 with -20 windchill. Credit to anyone who goes out and runs in that.

PS: trying to stick to my Keto-plan. It's working but now it seems nearly impossible to do this as a practicing Catholic during Lent. I'm living on lean meat which I am trying to abstain from today (so hard) and I'm sick of fish. Grrrr.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom