What did you do?

JillC LI

Run helped to wake me up after getting about 3 hours of sleep. Thanks little guy!

I sympathize. I got 1.5 hours of sleep last night because I was driving home through the night with DH to NY after seeing Cat Stevens perform in Boston. What a concert! Anyway, barely functioning today. Will run tomorrow.

Oh, and I did 4 miles of speedwork on the TM Saturday morning before we drove up to Boston. I was very pleased with that particular workout because I've had trouble completing it the past few weeks.

LindsayLoves

Monday - 5.25mi @ 9:25/mi

Tuesday - no run in heavy wind/rain

Today - Started my Dopey trial with a 3 mile run during lunch. I was planning to start tomorrow but because of some life things I had to bump it up a day. Dopey waivers were posted late last night so the excitement is building!!

dreamfinder

Got 2mi on the TM today, 7:30 pace 1 incline. Slowly adjusting the schedule to try to cram more back in.

Have you (or anyone else) ever purchased from them? They have my size and model in stock. I may buy a pair and throw them in the closet for when a need a new pair.

They are the closeout/deal wing of Backcountry.com. Haven't bought anything from s&c, but I have from backcountry, and I have friends who buy from s&c all the time. Sadly I think this response is too late as I think the running deals ended last night.

Mad Stitch

They are the closeout/deal wing of Backcountry.com. Haven't bought anything from s&c, but I have from backcountry, and I have friends who buy from s&c all the time. Sadly I think this response is too late as I think the running deals ended last night.

Ah! I forgot about this when I got home last night. Oh well, I missed out.

In other running news, I received an email about the Cedar Point Half Marathon returning in 2015. It listed some odd changes being made to make next year a better experience. Among them was "increased park access." Really? We were given a 3 day park pass and that wasn't enough for some people? o_O

Kermit262

Ah! I forgot about this when I got home last night. Oh well, I missed out.

In other running news, I received an email about the Cedar Point Half Marathon returning in 2015. It listed some odd changes being made to make next year a better experience. Among them was "increased park access." Really? We were given a 3 day park pass and that wasn't enough for some people? o_O
Thanks for this heads-up @Mad Stitch. I've been thinking about running the Kings Island Half Marathon next year and didn't know that Cedar Point had one as well. Decisions, decisions.

Mad Stitch

Thanks for this heads-up @Mad Stitch. I've been thinking about running the Kings Island Half Marathon next year and didn't know that Cedar Point had one as well. Decisions, decisions.
Do them both, they are over three months apart. Since I have already done Cedar Point I was considering Kings Island this year, but Kings Island, Hershey and Las Vegas are all around the same time. Here was the link:

http://www.runandriderace.com/

Last edited:

Texas84

Inaugural Jeff Galloway Atlanta Half this morning. Fun course, partly run on the new Atlanta Beltline built on old rail lines, and ending at Piedmont Park. Wasn't trying for a PR but ended up about one minute short, 2:09:32 Garmin time.

Saturday night walked over to the Atlanta Botanical Gardens to see the Christmas lights. Very nice.

Next week is the big Higdon Dopey simulation. 3-5-10-20.

JGbling2.jpg

LindsayLoves

I completed my Dopey trial and it went really well. Despite having some non-running related shin splint issues the first few days I was blessed with some really nice running conditions and a surprisingly strong finish for my 20 miler yesterday.

Thursday - 5 miles @ 8:39/mi, it felt better on my shins to run fast so I got to push the pace a bit.

Friday -10.32 miles @ 9:22/mi. This run was a breeze which concerned me because it seemed too easy. Really got into a groove and the time and miles just flew by.

Saturday - 20 miles total.
First 10.65 miles in 1:40, 9:33/mi pace were spent running along the East River to the start of my 8:30am race. It was cold but sunny so I ended up getting drenched in sweat despite my best effort to keep my pace easy. Felt like I was on autopilot the entire time, running without a pace in mind is so relaxing.
Last 9.40 miles were part of the Ted Corbitt 15k (yes, that's only 9.3 miles but I ran the course wide the whole time hoping to get some extra mileage to push me over 20). I ran the first 4 miles with my brother who kept me nice and easy. This race turned out to be a progression run, we started at 11:16/mi and my last mile was 8:16/mi and the last .40 was 7:36/mi. Very surprised I had so much left in the tank, such a great confidence booster.

I also did a ton of walking Friday and Saturday outside of the runs, with more than 7 miles on Friday and 8 miles on Saturday. I think those miles helped mimic the walking around in the parks between the races. Taper time!

JillC LI

Sounds like some of you had some big weeks. Good job. As for me, 7 measly miles this morning after a mile with the puppy.

Btw, my teenage son has been complaining of shin pain during indoor track season. Xray was negative for a stress fracture but they suggest an MRI. I think that's more cya on their part, but how do I decide if this is just shin splints or possible stress fracture. He took the past week off from running but coach him expects him to start up again tomorrow. I'm not sure what to do. Thoughts?

dreamfinder

A 10k yesterday, 1 incline, 8 pace. Today was yet another astounding 1 1/2 miles @ 7:30.

Keep kicking butt on all the Dopey/Goofy/Marathon weekend training everyone.

Sounds like some of you had some big weeks. Good job. As for me, 7 measly miles this morning after a mile with the puppy.

Btw, my teenage son has been complaining of shin pain during indoor track season. Xray was negative for a stress fracture but they suggest an MRI. I think that's more cya on their part, but how do I decide if this is just shin splints or possible stress fracture. He took the past week off from running but coach him expects him to start up again tomorrow. I'm not sure what to do. Thoughts?

I'm not a doctor, nor did I even stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, so take this with a grain of salt. Does he do leg/hip exercises? If the pain came on with a transition to a new running surface I'd not be surprised if he needs to help train a new set of muscles to help accommodate changes to his mechanics. Possibly try to build in some more stretches throughout the day to help his flexibility as well. Alphabets, calf stretches, etc. Nothing major, just a few minutes a few times a day trying to help limber up. Or does he possibly need a different shoe for indoors? I've had similar issues when changing surfaces and those are my usual culprits (and some light strengthening & stretching never hurts).

Texas84

My primary care doc has told me he can refer to a sports doctor if I need it. Is that an option for you?

Kermit262

Ran a 5 mile tempo early this morning before going to work. During my cool-down I looked around and paid attention to what I was seeing - house after house decorated with Christmas lights. I had the thought that this is such a special time of the year to run, and for my last mile I thought of Christmas songs and enjoyed the lights and decorations. It was a great way to start the morning.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom