What did you do?

atrus79

This morning I got in 4.11 miles at a 10:56 p/mile pace. Took it easy after all the runs this past weekend ...

-Thursday before the feast I did 6 at a 11:13 p/mile pace
-Friday after the feast I mostly walked, but ran from time to time (as per Galloway) 10 at a 13:07 p/mile pace
-Saturday I ran 17 miles at a 11:32 p/mile pace before calling it quits (was supposed to hit 23). At around mile 10, I felt a twinge in my left leg and a mile later it became bothersome. Stretched it out and hoped for the best :)

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

bethram

4.3 miles this morning, it was 44 degrees and felt great. Getting up at 4:00 this morning for the first time since last Tuesday wasn't too bad. But now I'm having trouble sitting through my daughter's MMA class/training, I could really go for a nap!

LindsayLoves

Hope everyone had a wonderful holiday. I got one run in over Thanksgiving with my sister-in-law down in North Carolina which was a really nice way to start Thanksgiving morning. Just over 5.6 miles at 8:30/mi pace, it was a nice conversational run, can't say I've chatted with some running an 8:10/mi pace before so that was a fun challenge.

Didn't have the motivation to do anything after coming home so yesterday, Monday, was my first run back and I guess the start of my Dopey peak week training. I know we are still a bit out from the race (36 days! until the 5k) but I wanted to get a ton of miles in this week because next week I have my 4 day consecutive Dopey trial lined up. Yesterday was 8.45 miles @9:05/mi. I made the mistake of wearing monochromatic grey shorts and t-shirt on my run and seeing that it was dark at 4:45pm that was not the safest choice. Yes shorts and t-shirt in December, today it will be tights and a long sleeve, this weather is killing me.

Texas84

Hope everyone had a wonderful holiday. I got one run in over Thanksgiving with my sister-in-law down in North Carolina which was a really nice way to start Thanksgiving morning. Just over 5.6 miles at 8:30/mi pace, it was a nice conversational run, can't say I've chatted with some running an 8:10/mi pace before so that was a fun challenge.

Didn't have the motivation to do anything after coming home so yesterday, Monday, was my first run back and I guess the start of my Dopey peak week training. I know we are still a bit out from the race (36 days! until the 5k) but I wanted to get a ton of miles in this week because next week I have my 4 day consecutive Dopey trial lined up. Yesterday was 8.45 miles @9:05/mi. I made the mistake of wearing monochromatic grey shorts and t-shirt on my run and seeing that it was dark at 4:45pm that was not the safest choice. Yes shorts and t-shirt in December, today it will be tights and a long sleeve, this weather is killing me.

Small world. I was visiting my sister in North Carolina. My brother-in-law wanted to run with me until I told him I was doing 12 miles. :D

Nice 3 mile river trail in Smithfield. Did two out and backs to get 12 miles.

Dopey training getting serious. 4-9-19 this weekend. Going to be a warm week.

Kristia

I did 7 miles in the cold on Friday to work off the Thanksgiving over-indulgement. Yesterday I did a 5 mile run on a glorious November 30th in NY where it was over 50 degrees. I took the puppy on several mini runs as well. If only I could get her to stay on my right side and stop crossing in front of me in her excitement! One of us is going to get hurt one of these days.
That is why I can not run with my dogs!! I end up expending more energy trying to keep them in place and not trip over them!

lukacseven

I tried running with my puggle once. He's super fast, but that doesn't last very long. he either gets tired or picks up a smell and goes way off course. This morning I woke up, drove into work and for some reason, started getting really psyched for Dopey!!!

atrus79

3.32 miles at a less than stellar pace of 13:33 p/mile. That issue with my left leg from last week is still bothering me ... it's not pain ... just discomfort. I contemplated skipping a workout today and resting it, but being so close to the Dopey, the last thing I wanted to do was give up on a workout.

I was thinking of seeing if KT Tape would help the issue ... anyone have experience with it?

On a positive note, unless my leg falls off ... the interval I was running was a breeze and it was still 2:30 minutes less than the maximum pace. I think I could have done that all day ... and that's with my leg feeling weird, so even though I didn't push it ... i still feel good to a certain degree.

bethram

4.4 miles this morning, this week has been really warm compared to November. I ran in shorts this morning and could very well do so again tomorrow morning.

@atrus79 I've used KT tape for my foot and ankle with decent luck. It's been a while so I don't remember exactly how well it worked, but I remember that it helped. Look at their site and watch the different videos, they all describe the pain and area they should help.

dreamfinder

2mi today 1 incline, 7:30 pace.

I was thinking of seeing if KT Tape would help the issue ... anyone have experience with it?

Both good and bad. The no name KT tape I got from my PT was great. No problems sticking, lasted about a week. The name brand KT Tape got a roll of it, never got it to last for more than 3-4 miles. (Even shaved my knee area at the suggestion of their rep at an Expo. Did nothing besides make me look funny.) The Pro style should last longer, but its pretty expensive. Getting the process right can be a bit tricky at first, different parts of the taping are supposed to have different amounts of stretch to work best, so you may want to get someone to show you how the first time.

LindsayLoves

Small world. I was visiting my sister in North Carolina. My brother-in-law wanted to run with me until I told him I was doing 12 miles. :D

Small world indeed! Double digits are usually a deal breaker for most.

Tuesday - 5 tempo miles in the rain. This was a fun workout despite the cold/rainy conditions which meant I had a lot of room to myself to run. Splits - 9:03, 8:46, 8:33, 8:01, 7:35

Yesterday - 8.28 miles @ 9:19/mi

Today - Rest

My head still thinks that it is sick but the rest of my body feels fine. People thought I was crazy to run the last two days in cold/damp conditions but in all honesty during those runs I didn't sneeze or feel all stuffed up, they were the best part of my day. Trying to make it through this peak week before my body gives in.

JillC LI

My head still thinks that it is sick but the rest of my body feels fine. People thought I was crazy to run the last two days in cold/damp conditions but in all honesty during those runs I didn't sneeze or feel all stuffed up, they were the best part of my day. Trying to make it through this peak week before my body gives in.

My hubby refuses to believe I'm really sick if I'm "up to running." But you're right that I usually feel less congested when I am running if it's just a head cold. Feel better.

I did my 6 miles yesterday in a light drizzle. I have a new hat made of wicking material with a slight visor on it that blocked the rain from hitting my glasses too much (which is the only part about running in the rain that I dislike). It even has a hole in the back for my ponytail. I love my new hat!

imagination30

today was a got off work early type of day , meaning , training run for a 5k comming up on sunday.. , so it was so nice i didnt even bother taking my watch i just ran .. little breeze , but it was nice.. - ran into a cycler on the road... ( i didnt think you could ride on the road with traffic.. ?? , humm ..then i had some 7 and 8th grader girls yelling at me ( since i ran by the local school.. but it was a nice run.. i estimate i did 2 1/2 miles or so..

LindsayLoves

Got my 16 miles in this morning between rain storms in 2:30. Definitely overdressed for this run with tights and a long sleeve in the mid 40s, will definitely go with shorts next time around in these conditions. Overall a really good run despite a bit of over indulgence at happy hour on Friday. Next week is my official dopey trial, this run was a good confidence booster and I feel really ready for next week!

a2grafix

I've been waiting for this for a year. After Mother Nature threw Memphis an ice storm curveball the day before the race and forced the cancellation (just like Dallas), the 2014 run was much better. Upwards of 18,000 runners. A little windy, make that a lot windy, but in the low 50s. Overcast. Wind was from the north and biting at times. Friday it reached to about 65 with rain and 100 percent humidity. Still good conditions for a run.

Always special - with the exception of the kid's marathon and family fun run the 5K, half and full run through the St. Jude Children's Research Hospital campus. It's between mile 1 and 2 on the 5K route and between miles 4 and 5 on the half and marathon route. Also marathoners run through the campus again around mile 22-23 (third picture).

Didn't care about time but managed a 2:32.32. Even ran with some Team Red, White & Blue Eagles and a whole bunch of St. Jude Heroes. Not too bad for my ninth ever half marathon in two years. It was all for the kids. Great race!

Cool touch -- at the finish line there were video screens and the St. Jude kids saying "Thank you!" and "You did it!"

2014-12-06_07-49-57_625.jpg

2014-12-06_08-05-38_328.jpg

2014-12-06_09-04-19_417.jpg

2014-12-06_18-42-42_483.jpg

imagination30

long day ..... got to get in bed .. but 1st annuel mistletoe madness in the book., finished 26.09 , 30th overall // , race report coming soon!

Last edited:

dreamfinder

Did a 5k Sat, 7:24,6:58,6:30 splits, 1 incline. Sun was 10k, 1 incline all at 8. Today was a whopping 1 mile, 1 incline 8 pace. Run helped to wake me up after getting about 3 hours of sleep. Thanks little guy!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom