What did you do?

LindsayLoves

3.15 at 11:23 p/mile pace ... First time running with a stroller. Props to people who do it all the time ... That was not easy! :)

Agreed! I ran with one for a little over a mile including the uphill portion of a causal 5k to relieve a friend who was struggling with it. I felt like I was running an 8:30/mi, when I looked at my Garmin after the race and I was floored to see that it was actually around 10 min/mi.

Kristia

Still been running, just haven't had a lot of time to post. We did 7 miles on Monday since our weekend was hectic and we both had off work on Monday, 3 miles on Wed, and 4 miles on Thurs. We are working on getting our distance back up, but our pace is sooooo slow. I have been running my short runs at about a 11:00 pace or just under and the long runs at 11:30 ish. Ugh. I feel like I have lost my speed with being sick and not having run a whole lot over the summer. Hopefully I can work out of this funk! I am supposed to do 3 miles tonight. The weather here is gorgeous, but it is supposed to heat back up this weekend.

LindsayLoves

9.10 mi MGP run @ 8:41/mi. Only one split was over my desired 8:45/mi pace which was climbing over the Queensboro bridge. I have been told by NYC marathon pros NOT to run this bridge at pace during the marathon because you will waste too much energy. They recommend that you run it based on effort , not pace, and if you do so you can easily make up the seconds you lost on the bridge elsewhere. I guess the experts are right.

@Kristia - try to add some fartleks into your runs to get your speed back, nothing crazy but something that makes you "push it" a little harder.

Best of luck to everyone running Disneyland this weekend. Have fun, take pictures, and remember the most important part - reporting back here with all the details!

JillC LI

It was 8:15pm last night, and I still hadn't done my 3 miler for the day. I debated pushing it off til this morning but then I just threw on my running clothes and jumped on the TM (since it was dark out already). I even did the middle 2 miles at 9 min pace which is kinda fast for me.

9.10 mi MGP run @ 8:41/mi. Only one split was over my desired 8:45/mi pace which was climbing over the Queensboro bridge. I have been told by NYC marathon pros NOT to run this bridge at pace during the marathon because you will waste too much energy. They recommend that you run it based on effort , not pace, and if you do so you can easily make up the seconds you lost on the bridge elsewhere. I guess the experts are right.

I clearly remember running over that bridge during the NYC marathon. What makes it even harder than the one mile (endless?) incline is the fact that after about 16 miles, it is the first part of the course where there are suddenly no spectators cheering you on. I actually brought my iPod with me and put the earbuds in just before I entered the bridge for an extra ooomph from my 2 favorite running songs, and then I took them off as I peaked the bridge so I could enjoy the sound of the increasing roar of the crowds that greets you as you exit onto First Avenue. I'll never forget that. If you plan to meet family or friends on First Avenue like I did (78th I think), make sure you designate N or S corner of a particular intersection because the crowds are so deep there.

Texas84

3.15 at 11:23 p/mile pace ... First time running with a stroller. Props to people who do it all the time ... That was not easy! :)

When I started running my goal was to just beat the strollers. Didn't always happen. :D

There was actually a guy pushing a wheelchair that passed me during a Disneyland half. They both had official numbers. Wonder if the woman he was pushing signed up and got hurt?

Texas84

12 Muggy Miles this morning. 22 for the week. 3-4-3-12.

Alarm went off at 0530 and the temp was already 76. Yikes. It was in the low 60's during the work week. Some beautiful morning runs with the stars out. Venus, Jupiter and the Orion constellation are very clear.
WEBvic14_Sep05mo.jpg

Doing the Macon Labor Day 10K Monday for a fun break before Dopey starts on Wednesday.

a2grafix

Wore my 2013 Disneyland official shirt this morning for 5.99 miles with a Memphis St. Jude Half / Full marathon training group. Overcast, few spits of rain, 77, muggy, 100-percent humidity at 7am. Got it done in about 65-70 minutes. Good run to start the day.

Had to wring out my official 2013 Disneyland Half shirt after the run. It was heavy with the combined rain and sweat. You know the feeling.

LindsayLoves

Yesterday - 19 miles in 3 hours. This run felt better than the 17 miles the week before both during the run and recovering afterwards. Now that I have that checked off my list, its time for vacation. Leaving for a cruise to Bermuda in 3 hours. Running plans for vacation - all on the treadmill, Yasso 800s x8, 5-7 mile tempo run, and one easy run (anything on top of that is a bonus). Have a good week everyone!

Sumrdog

13.1 with about 18,000 other wacky Disney fans! I was in the back again, corral H. I stopped for a few characters at the beginning including Donald in his sombrero. Then I got it in my head to finish in under 3 hours, so I churned out the last half and ended up with a 16 minute negative split and I finished in 2:57! I now am the proud owner of four shiny new medals including the Coast to Coast! Super fun!!

bethram

13.1 with about 18,000 other wacky Disney fans! I was in the back again, corral H. I stopped for a few characters at the beginning including Donald in his sombrero. Then I got it in my head to finish in under 3 hours, so I churned out the last half and ended up with a 16 minute negative split and I finished in 2:57! I now am the proud owner of four shiny new medals including the Coast to Coast! Super fun!!
Congratulations!!!!!

5 miles Saturday, 4.8 with a new pair of shoes today. They are different than ones I've worn before so I've got to adjust the laces a bit before I pass judgement on them.

JillC LI

When I started running my goal was to just beat the strollers. Didn't always happen. :D

In my very first 5K I was passed by an old guy running with one crutch! LOL. That sure humbled me.

Disneyland 10k with my daughter this am. She killed it and had so much fun! Tomorrow I get my DDD and C2C medals. Now we are riding rides. And for those of you who haven't been to Disneyland; their POTC is awesome!

Congrats to you and your DD! I agree about POTC at DL.

Congrats to @a2grafix on your race and to @LindsayLoves on your 19 miler.

As for me, 5 miles through the hot humid yuck this morning.

Texas84

Macon Labor Day 10K in the books. Wasn't really trying but finished with a 59:50. Always happy when I can finish under an hour. 75F at start, 85F at finish. Seemed hotter. The Fire Department had a hydrant open at mile 5 to run through (awesome) then had a hose hanging from a hook & ladder boom for a finish shower (even more awesome).

dreamfinder

Sat, 4ish? miles of hills in under 36ish? mins? Ish because there was no watch, was in a meh mood, my DW kicked me out and said go run. Sun was 11.1, 7:41 pace to start, neg splits on the mile, and 9.5 and 10.5 all at .5 incline w 1/2 w/u & 3/4 c/d, Just about 81 mins I think. Today was 6x800@5:56 pace w/1/4 w/u & c/d.

Jonesing for another race, thankfully I'm supposed to do a 5k this weekend.

Kristia

Did 8 tough miles on Sunday. The summer has come back with a vengeance. Even though we started at 7:30 am, the sun was still blazing and the air was soupy with humidity. I was so spoiled this summer with cool mornings! Was supposed to get up at 4 am to do my 3 miler, but just didn't have it in me. Looks like it will be a soupy evening run tonight rather than a soupy early morning run!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom