What did you do?

fmingo36

Ain't that the truth.

Ugh. I had one scary incident 5 years ago where I was being followed very early by a guy with a parka hood up around his head. I actually ran into traffic to get across the street from him. My mom got me this thing that clips on your clothes and if you pull it off makes a crazy loud noise. I should probably use it on my early morning runs but I never seem to remember, and I worry that it might fall off and make that noise without me pulling it.

As for me today, 4 miles speedwork on the TM this morning, struggling to hear General Hospital. I usually blast the TV to hear it over the fan and TM, but the noise was scaring the new puppy so I had to semi-lip-read. LOL.

That is what close caption is for!

Sumrdog

Forgot to mention something that happened to me today--I was running my usual route and a lawn service truck drove by me, the guy was leering at me and then started to slow down . He waved at me and kept looking at me from the side mirror. It made me feel very uncomfortable and I was very glad I was in a densely populated neighborhood. I almost wanted to call the lawn service company but what was I supposed to say "You pervy driver was accosting me with his eyeballs and skived me out". May have to start carrying mace with me like Nick @Donald Duck does!

That would freak me out too! I live in a pretty remote area and carry bear spray on my early morning runs. Last week a good friend of mine got mauled by a bear running on a really popular trail near here. Luckily it let her go before killing her, she needed 30 staples in her scalp and got several puncture bites to her abdomen.
Since then I have been super nervous when I run and on Sunday I caught sight of a large brown shape out of the corner of my eye and my heart literally stopped for a second...It turned out to be one of neighbors cows! I still think I would rather worry about animals bothering me when I run instead of creepy people though...

LindsayLoves

Yikes ladies - all your stories are further evidence for me to use when people ask why I don't run with music on. I want to be as aware of my surroundings as possible.

Today -
Planned 6 miles @ 8:45, marathon goal pace.
Actual 6.21 miles @ 8:43, the end results look good but my splits were ALL over the place 9:18, 8:33, 8:41, 8:35, 8:34, 8:31, 9:19 (.21). Still working on locking in what 8:45 feels like.

fmingo36

That would freak me out too! I live in a pretty remote area and carry bear spray on my early morning runs. Last week a good friend of mine got mauled by a bear running on a really popular trail near here. Luckily it let her go before killing her, she needed 30 staples in her scalp and got several puncture bites to her abdomen.
Since then I have been super nervous when I run and on Sunday I caught sight of a large brown shape out of the corner of my eye and my heart literally stopped for a second...It turned out to be one of neighbors cows! I still think I would rather worry about animals bothering me when I run instead of creepy people though...

OH MY GOODNESS! That is so scary! I hope your friend recovers quickly.

JillC LI

That is what close caption is for!

OMG, I never thought of that! Would that work on a previously recorded program if the closed captions settings were not on at the time I DVR'd the program? I'll have to check later.

Just wanted to mention that I am glad I am in good shape because our puppy does so much less chewing on things when she is tuckered out, so DS and I have been running her around the yard until we are all exhausted! It's such fun :) Here's another pic with DD.

Texas84

Saturday 10-miler. I don't think that was rain this morning. I think it was moisture falling out of the humidity.

I've given up on half mile breaks and changed my Garmin alert to every mile. My body just doesn't want to stop. I am actually looking forward to Dopey training but I'm sticking to 10-milers until it starts.

dreamfinder

Sat - does walking around the parking lot at a Jimmy Buffett count as a workout? ; ) Sun - 11 on TM w/.5 inclined. Started at 7:47, neg split on 2, 4, 6, 8, 9, 9 1/2, 10, 10 1/4, 10 1/2, 10 3/4. No idea what the actual pace was at each split, last 4 miles were just about 29 mins.

bethram

3.4 rainy miles this morning at 8:54 pace. It was dry when I left, started sprinkling, then raining steadily by the time I finished. DH came out in his car to pick me up when he realized that it was really raining with some thunder and lightning. I was just finishing my run and starting to walk so I turned him down so he had DD meet me at the door with a towel :)

LindsayLoves

It was very different for me. I am usually a studio girl so being outside was fun but balancing on a boat dock is NOT easy and between the instability of the dock and the wind of the water, I had a little extra challenge for me.

I pictured it like Stand Up Paddle Boarding but a little bit more stable. I still need to give SUP a try, adding yoga to it might be a little bit down the line...

TeddyinMO

Completed my first 10K on Saturday at our local 6 Flags. Set a goal for myself of 1:10 and beat that by 5 mins. I've started training for a half this fall, so we'll see how it goes. Thanks to everyone for the support and kind words along the way. I've gone from barely being able to complete the first 60 second run on C25K back in February to completing 6.2 miles and have lost 30 lbs along the way. I pretty much balled on the way home from the run Saturday I was so overwhelmed! To any newbies out there, believe me, it's all worth it!

OG Runner

Completed my first 10K on Saturday at our local 6 Flags. Set a goal for myself of 1:10 and beat that by 5 mins. I've started training for a half this fall, so we'll see how it goes. Thanks to everyone for the support and kind words along the way. I've gone from barely being able to complete the first 60 second run on C25K back in February to completing 6.2 miles and have lost 30 lbs along the way. I pretty much balled on the way home from the run Saturday I was so overwhelmed! To any newbies out there, believe me, it's all worth it!

Congratulations!!! You have to love a success story. Keep it up and enjoy yourself.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom