what did you do better/different or not do on 2nd cruise?

mikewdw

Original Poster
did last cruise last summer, wife LOVED! it. planning one this summer. just wondering what people have done to improve or what they learned from first cruise
mikewdw

ChuckElias

First cruise -- Ocean view stateroom on Deck 2. Second cruise -- Verandah on Deck 5.
First cruise -- Late dining. Second cruise -- Early dining.
First cruise -- 4 nights. Second cruise -- 7 nights.

All major improvements for my family. I know a lot of people like the late dining, but for us, early is better, even with all the kids in there. :)

ScoutN

OV 104
Premium Member
First cruise -- Ocean view stateroom on Deck 2. Second cruise -- Verandah on Deck 5.
First cruise -- Late dining. Second cruise -- Early dining.
First cruise -- 4 nights. Second cruise -- 7 nights.

All major improvements for my family. I know a lot of people like the late dining, but for us, early is better, even with all the kids in there. :)

Ill list the DCL trips. I did one RCL before DCL.

First- Inside on Dream 2 level 3 nights. Early Dining. Kinda felt our way through the ship and what DCL has to offer. Ended up missing on Golden Mickeys because we just didn't know. Got off at Nassau to get a couple things then right back on to do more shipboard activities. We didn't spend anywhere near as much time on shore as we did with RCL.

Second- Verandah with the clear rail on MAGIC 6 level. Early dining. Knew a good amount of what DCL has to offer. We were able to take it slower. We knew NOT to miss any of the shows. More time on deck at night after it is quiet. The number of shooting stars is crazy.

Third will be in a month or so- Inside on Dream 4 night 6 level. Late dining this time to change it up some. Going to do a different alc tasting this time having done Mixo twice now. Won't be getting off at Nassau to do anything except take ship photos. Booked a warmer air trip this time. The other two were Dec '13 and Jan '15 so we are looking forward to slightly warmer air.

Diva120

First Cruise - Wonder, 4nights Bahamas August 2008 - Cabin with one porthole, deck 6 forward, second seating for dinner. This was a test cruise to be honest - didn't take advantage of shipboard activities, spent too much money for excursions at Nassau. While I think we had an absolute blast swimming with Dolphins - the Atlantis is over the top expensive. All the dining was great! We learned on day 2 that we could order all the appetizers as dinner if we wanted - that had me and DH over the moon! We had to shake off the idea that the boat was just a "floating Hotel" where all the action is off the boat.

Second Cruise - Fantasy - 7 night western caribbean March 2013 - deluxe inside stateroom with magic porthole, Deck 5, second seating. This was really nice as it gave us more days on the boat, unfortunately, due to weather it was still a little chilly to sunbath on deck, and we had to bypass Grand Cayman as the waves were crashing over the port. Bright side, we had an extra day at sea:) Took advantage of boat this time, saw the premier of Oz, DD went into the kids club and ditched us most nights, wandered around the ship, took all sorts of crazy pics, went to the DVC schpiel, ordered all the plates we wanted to try. Ok, if you could imagine me and DH at a 4 top table - no kid (but her place setting was there) and here we are with 6 plates! Also, didn't realize that we should have requested our family to be seated separately. Last cruise, my mother in-law requested that our party of 9 sit together.

Excursions were a little tricky, I wanted to see Mayan ruins and booked them at both Mexico stops. Not the brightest move, but they were different types of ruins - so that was cool. One was the iconic tall, lots of steps, and the other was a flatter more spread out village community site. Parasailing was booked but canceled due to weather (Grand Cayman washout). Saved all of the navigators, too pics of our different towel animals every night, ordered room service, played that detective game - just had a lot of fun.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom