1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

What Defunct Attraction Do You NOT Miss At All?

Discussion in 'Past Attractions' started by Chrononymous, Sep 18, 2009.

1. Epicpilot

Epicpilot Active Member

World of motion and Horizons. World of motion and Horizons were rides that today would be boring to most, and not very popular. Test Track and Mission Space on the other hand, are thrill rides which are VERY popular in Epcot even though Mission Space has been lacking recently. When it comes down to it, to most people Test track and Mission Space>World of Motion and Horizons. And now its time to go into my fallout bunker.

Voxel likes this.
  2. rdoncsecz

rdoncsecz Well-Known Member

My thoughts exactly!!! -- and yes, we're about to get bombarded by hate for putting Mission Space ahead of Horizons...

Voxel likes this.
  3. Padraig

Padraig Well-Known Member

Ah good ol' Journey into Narnia. The joy that it has given both my wife and I.

So anyways.. it was July 2011 when we spotted it all tucked away there. Thought, how bad can it really be? First warning was the complete lack of a line. The second is what we still get a kick out of: as we entered an elderly CM began to describe the attraction and what we'd see. Then in a really exasperated tone said "And that's the ride", defeatedly kinda shrugged her shoulders before promptly scuttling off.

And she was right. That was the ride. I wonder how many people asked her "is that it?" before she decided to start heading people off at the pass.

Every so often if we have a particularly disappointing experience, we'll invariably turn to each other and say "And that's the ride".

l4dybu6 likes this.
  4. Voice of Disney sanity

Voice of Disney sanity Well-Known Member

Frankly I really don't miss any of them with the possible exception of the Adventurers Club. I think disney is mostly right on when they remove attractions with the exception of AC and... It's a small world. It should have been removed in the mid 80s and has WAY outlived its popularity with everyone except some of you guys on here. Last 3 times I was at the MK it was a walk on and the were loading the boats 25% full.

5. NintendoDS

NintendoDS Member

Who Wants To Be A Millionaire Play It. Whoever got picked was the person that randomly happened to put the 4 choices in the correct order without even looking since the winner always had the 4 answers picked in some crazy time like a 1/4 of a second and then the host spent so much time talking to the contestant rather than moving the game along that it seemed like they only had time for 2 people to play per show.

Journey Into Your Imagination (the short lived 2nd version of the ride), I don't like the current version compared to the original but the 2nd version was horrible. I was glad to see it gone.

rdoncsecz likes this.
  6. AllydoesDisney

AllydoesDisney Well-Known Member

The stuff I never even did: Snow White, Alien Encounter, Body Wars

7. DreamfinderFigmentFan

DreamfinderFigmentFan Member

Journey Into Your Imagination!! SO GLAD, it's gone! But the current version sucks too! I want the original version brought back with modern technology!

8. Fritz

Fritz New Member

The Making of Me... in the old MetLife pavilion...

9. SimulatedIntelligentRobot

SimulatedIntelligentRobot Well-Known Member

To anyone who doesn't miss AE, S.I.R. is going to suspend you indefinitely. You do not mess with S.I.R.

10. wm49rs

wm49rs A naughty bit o' crumpet Premium Member

Oh, the humanity....

Bob likes this.
  11. Bacon

Bacon Well-Known Member

12. NovaCiteJourneys

NovaCiteJourneys Active Member

Quit hating on Body Wars! I don't care that Mission to Mars was removed though.

13. Ol' Br'er Fox

Ol' Br'er Fox Member

It's a Disneyland ride, but Superstar Limo. If I had to pick a Disney World attraction, it'd be Food Rocks. I watched a video of it in action recently, and the butchering of Bohemian Rhapsody and Sledgehammer haunt me.

14. Princess Leia

Princess Leia Well-Known Member

• Mr. Toad (sorry, the only memory I have of that ride was dodging another car because I was curled up in the car with my eyes shut for most of the ride wanting to get off)
    • Snow White's Scary Adventures (again, I was petrified)
    • Millionaire
    • Sounds Dangerous

15. LizaMarie89

LizaMarie89 Active Member

Sounds Dangerous - but I'm not a huge fan of sitting in total darkness in general.

16. Tinkteacher

Tinkteacher New Member

I LOVED kitchen cabaret as a kid. I miss it.

17. NovaCiteJourneys

NovaCiteJourneys Active Member

What is with all of these old thread bumps?

18. Futureprobe

Futureprobe New Member

I guess people wanna talk about talk about attractions they said good riddance to, but that's just an educated guess

NovaCiteJourneys likes this.
  19. barkerbird

barkerbird Active Member

American Idol Experience, and Tiki Room *Under New Management*

Tiki because as a former CM I had to listen to that conversation between Phil Hartman and the other bird for hours on end! Idol because that show was years past it's era when the attraction opened, plus it was flat out annoying!

20. Martin T.

Martin T. Active Member

Well, I can only say for Disneyland, but I suspect the same rides were at MK.
    20K leagues under the sea. I enjoyed the movie as a kid, but once you rode the ride once, you were quick to figure out your time spent in que is better for other rides. I did enjoy eating ice cream in the shade of the monorail tracks, remember DL here, watching the subs go in and out of the submerging falls and surfacing falls. Rather ride the Matterhorn.
    Mission to Mars was fun the first time, and pretty much an AC, sitting break area after that. Rather ride space mountain.
    Captain EO..........Yup, it has nostalgia, but better use of space. Rather ride Star Tours, DL still.
    I do miss the gondola that went from Tomarrowland through the Matterhorn and went to Fantasyland.

We did ride Stich when we were at WDW. My family are big fans. We enjoyed it. My wife has a minor Claustrophobia, so once was enough.