What current attractions have you never experienced, despite having been to WDW?

Jahona

MK- Astro Orbiter, The Barnstormer, Country Bear Jamboree, Enchanted Tales with Belle, The Magic Carpets of Aladdin
EPCOT - Phineas and Ferb Interactive thing, Turtle Talk with Crush
HWS - Voyage of the Little Mermaid
AK - Kali River Rapids, Everything but Dinosaur at DinoLand USA (Never understood the carnival games here)

danyoung56

What an amazing thread! Who would have thought that WDW park stormers would never have gone on some of the attractions that are don't-miss for me, like The American Adventure? I've only missed a few attractions, mostly due to them being kiddie rides -

MK -
Magic Carpets of Aladdin (just another spinner)
Dumbo (although I have been on DL's version)
(It should go without saying that I, a 58 year old single guy, don't do any of the character meet & greets.)

Epcot -
Nothing I haven't done. I've even done Mission:Space once, although I had a really bad claustrophobic reaction to it and will most likely never ride it again!

Disney's Hollywood Studios -
Frozen Sing Along Celebration (I actually would like to see this show sometime soon.)
The Magic of Disney Animation (Just such a pale comparison to what used to be there that I refuse to see the current show.)
Rock 'n Roller Coaster (due to the afore mentioned claustrophobia - I don't like over the shoulder harnesses!)

Animal Kingdom -
Triceratop Spin (just another spinner)

I'll try almost anything once. Heck, I might even do the Rock 'n Roller Coaster some day!

Gucci65

In over 25 trips, I have never ridden Astro Orbiter. Line is always incredibly long and it just didn't catch my interest.

katins7

I have an embarrassingly long list and won't try to name them. We've done next to nothing at DHS and AK, and we've missed a lot at Epcot too. At MK I think we've only missed Astro Orbiter and Tiki Room, and we haven't been since New Fantasyland opened. Headliners we've missed include Everest, Rock & Roller Coaster, Tower of Terror, Test Track...it goes on. I have a to-do list.

Tony the Tigger

What an amazing thread! Who would have thought that WDW park stormers would never have gone on some of the attractions that are don't-miss for me, like The American Adventure? I've only missed a few attractions, mostly due to them being kiddie rides -

MK -
Magic Carpets of Aladdin (just another spinner)
Dumbo (although I have been on DL's version)
(It should go without saying that I, a 58 year old single guy, don't do any of the character meet & greets.)

Epcot -
Nothing I haven't done. I've even done Mission:Space once, although I had a really bad claustrophobic reaction to it and will most likely never ride it again!

Disney's Hollywood Studios -
Frozen Sing Along Celebration (I actually would like to see this show sometime soon.)
The Magic of Disney Animation (Just such a pale comparison to what used to be there that I refuse to see the current show.)
Rock 'n Roller Coaster (due to the afore mentioned claustrophobia - I don't like over the shoulder harnesses!)

Animal Kingdom -
Triceratop Spin (just another spinner)

I'll try almost anything once. Heck, I might even do the Rock 'n Roller Coaster some day!

Claustrophobia will get me sometimes, especially if I stop and think about the fact that I am restricted and can't get out LOL. (That Stitch/Alien thing used to bother me.) Rock n Roller Coaster was fun, though. As I get older, I can't do the coasters like I used to - no corkscrews/spinning. Loops are fine. Heights are OK. Speed is fine. This one is all in the dark, so it minimizes a lot of the things that would make me dizzy.

Tony the Tigger

Never been on Tomorrowland Speedway! Hope to do that in a few weeks.

Never been on the Teacups, never will. "Tilt-a-Whirl" made me sick as a kid. :hungover:

I don't see any point to the WS movies. Seems like sitting home watching PBS or worse, an infomercial. (Am I wrong?)

Anything for little kids I would skip - my first time going to WDW, I was 28.

There are others I'm sure that we just skip all the time that I'm not even remembering right now.

Also there are some I haven't been on since around 2001 or so, and I know they've changed since then - like Test Track (which we are definitely doing first thing on 9/9 lol) and Space Mountain (I think?)

I'm slightly nervous about anything intense-ish because for some reason as I get older, I can't handle these kinds of rides as well.

Star Tours - hated it back in 2001, never went back on - dizzy :confused:

I like leaving some things to explore for next time. As many times as we've gone, it's amazing when we find something we've never done before that isn't new.

And the other side of the coin, we got to do the submarines at Disneyland.

Scooter

Have done almost everything in my 50+ trips to WDW but some things just don't interest me. Teacups, Astro Orbiter and Kali River Rapids come to mind. Having said that, I have tried everything else and there's a list of attractions I doubt I will ever do again such as Primevil Whirl, Captain Eo, and Tom Sawyer Island, which was fun once, but I have no desire to do it again.

danyoung56

I don't see any point to the WS movies. Seems like sitting home watching PBS or worse, an infomercial. (Am I wrong?)

In a word - yes. The China and Canada movies are full blown CircleVision, which is a format that you can't see at home. And Impressions de France has 5 screens as well as actual seats in the theater (for CircleVision movies you have to stand). I'll do the China and Canada shows maybe every other trip, but I never miss Impressions de France - a truly beautiful film!

danyoung56

In over 25 trips, I have never ridden Astro Orbiter. Line is always incredibly long and it just didn't catch my interest.

I'll do this first thing in the morning, when there's no line. It's just a spinner, but it's much cooler cuz it's so high up.

draybook

I thought it might be interesting to discuss this-I've been to WDW 15-20 times in my lifetime, but there are a couple attractions I've actually never taken the time to experience. I'm sure I'm not the only one.

I'll go first:

Impressions de France [Or any of the World Showcase movies, for that matter]: Despite adoring the musical score, and listening to it often, no one in my family has ever wanted to go see it with me, so I've passed it by each visit. We'll be going for 10 days in September, and I fully plan to rectify that.

Monsters Inc Laugh Floor/Turtle Talk with Crush: This might be slighting both, but I've never gone to either of these, thinking (maybe unfairly) that they're skippable, more kid-focused attractions (even though Monsters is my personal favorite Pixar film). But again, a 10 day trip might give me that needed push to go ahead and experience both.

If you don't at least check out O'Canada I will personally give you the world's biggest DDT......

xoAli

• MK - Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor, Carousel of Progress, Seven Dwarfs Mine Train (I went when it was under construction), Enchanted Tales with Belle, Liberty Square Riverboat, Tom Sawyer's Island.
  • Epcot - Captain EO, Journey into Imagination and Ellen's Energy Adventure.
  • AK - Flights of Wonder, Wildlife Express Train.
  • DHS - RnRC, Disney Junior, Lights Motors Action.

fireworksandfairytales

In the Parks
No
I haven't seen Impressions de France or Reflections of China. I probably should at some point, just to say I have, but it always seems like there's better things we could be doing with our time. I saw O Canada & American Adventure years ago, but I was so young I don't remember much about them, so they barely count.
I haven't rode Rock 'n' Roller Coaster or Tower of Terror because I'm terrified of both.
I've also never seen Flights of Wonder.

POLY LOVER

Peter Pan's Flight (it was under refurbishment during our last two trips.)
Seven Dwarfs Mine Train (opened after our last trip)
Tangled bathroom (it might have been open already on our last trip but I missed it. Looking forward to seeing the lanterns at night on our next trip... Tangled is one of my favourites!
Mission Space, Test Track Soarin, Maelstrom, RNR, ToT, Space Mountain, EE, Dinosaur... (I haven't done these because I have motion sickness :depressed:)
I also missed meeting Eeyore last trip (not sure if characters count)... didn't realize he meets during the MNSSHP... and not interested in breakfast at the crystal palace. So I am going to make sure I get a picture at the MNSSHP in September!
I have never bothered with the Hall or Presidents... or any movie in the World Showcase either...

tangled bathroom , what is that?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom