What could Disney do better for parents ?

Kit83

Original Poster
I want to start by saying that I'm not talking here about Disney spending huge amounts on unnecessary projects, more changes of practice to make parent and child's park experience easier .

It's been a few years since my two were very young but I do remember going to DLP when they were in strollers and one thing we liked was having a safe place to leave the stroller and change bag while on a ride .

Another was how kind the CM's were, always happy to help, knowing where the nearest baby changing rooms were etc

It's the little things that really can help, but occasionally little things that really don't .
One idea may be to have better availability of diapers wipes and general children's sundries.

I know Disney provide so many services for parents but which ones do you most appreciate and what could be tweaked

40goingon7

We love how quickly things that are dropped are picked up and brought to lost and found. Lost my park ticket and CC on my lanyard a few years ago, within the time I realized to finding a CM (about a min) it was in the back room of the store I lost it in and about to go to the front of the park. Crisis averted.

Second time was last year, after wishes my DD lost her Cindarella purse/magic band. We didn't realize till we got from town square to the hub and thought it was gone for good. We left the park around 2:30 am, during EMH, and went to lost and found. Without hesitation the CM ran out back and magically handed the purse with all its contents to my DD. Really made our day even better.

Third is each and every time a CM has gone out of their way to make my DD and DS smile and laugh with stickers or just a smile and calling my daughter a princess.

My only wish would be a better way to flow families with strollers during large crowds (eg, Wishes). I currently don't get NYC aggressive in the park, but someday I might. Just wish people were more accommodating-not reallyDisney's fault.

Kit83

Original Poster
We love how quickly things that are dropped are picked up and brought to lost and found. Lost my park ticket and CC on my lanyard a few years ago, within the time I realized to finding a CM (about a min) it was in the back room of the store I lost it in and about to go to the front of the park. Crisis averted.

Second time was last year, after wishes my DD lost her Cindarella purse/magic band. We didn't realize till we got from town square to the hub and thought it was gone for good. We left the park around 2:30 am, during EMH, and went to lost and found. Without hesitation the CM ran out back and magically handed the purse with all its contents to my DD. Really made our day even better.

Third is each and every time a CM has gone out of their way to make my DD and DS smile and laugh with stickers or just a smile and calling my daughter a princess.

My only wish would be a better way to flow families with strollers during large crowds (eg, Wishes). I currently don't get NYC aggressive in the park, but someday I might. Just wish people were more accommodating-not reallyDisney's fault.

WRT strollers I think it's very difficult pushing a stroller in a large crowd ensuring the precious cargo is kept safe from all the pushing and shoving .What could Disney do to help ? it's not their fault exactly it's more down to the individual to show courtesy to fellow human beings, a big ask for some I know !

I don't think it would be practical to do but how about marking out a sidewalk size lane to be used at peak crowd times for strollers like a bike lane for the main exit routes ?

I have read that the trams in the car parks are difficult to board with children strollers etc I have no experience here, is it a problem ?

Kit83

Original Poster
I thought they did have those things in the baby care centers?

I think they do I was thinking of better availability of a limited supply of essentials, behind the counter not on display at various shops and restaurants, that parents could ask to purchase . Which asks the question are the child care centers well placed I don't know, what do you think ? Is it a good idea for parents to clog up the center with parents that just need wipes and diapers ? Do the centers get too busy ?

Minthorne

They could cut back on the heavy handed marketing of junk in gift shops to kids each time they get off a ride. I feel sympathy for parents that have to deal with the kids temptations at almost every ride. It's a clever marketing ploy but it preying on the impulse of kids and the fatigue of parents.

Kit83

Original Poster
They could cut back on the heavy handed marketing of junk in gift shops to kids each time they get off a ride. I feel sympathy for parents that have to deal with the kids temptations at almost every ride. It's a clever marketing ploy but it preying on the impulse of kids and the fatigue of parents.

Its like candy at the checkouts in supermarkets it's not that we as parents cannot say no, it's the kids pestering us for the candy all the time ! :arghh:

40goingon7

WRT strollers I think it's very difficult pushing a stroller in a large crowd ensuring the precious cargo is kept safe from all the pushing and shoving .What could Disney do to help ? it's not their fault exactly it's more down to the individual to show courtesy to fellow human beings, a big ask for some I know !

I don't think it would be practical to do but how about marking out a sidewalk size lane to be used at peak crowd times for strollers like a bike lane for the main exit routes ?

I have read that the trams in the car parks are difficult to board with children strollers etc I have no experience here, is it a problem ?

Nothing Disney can/should do. It's just a fact of having a stroller in the parks. Takes extra time to board buses and trams as well. How many times have you waited for the bus after a long day and they load two scooters, pushing your departure back even further? The groans from other guests is often painful. I've seen the look people give us when we are loading our kids and delaying everyone. We try to go as quickly as we can but they are kids...I think Disney does an excellent job in offering every opportunity to me and my family to enjoy our time on vacation. Don't think they have to do anything more, just wish people would sometimes be more understanding or patient.

Figaro928

We really loved Disney more health conscious kid menus . Grilled chicken , broccoli and a yogurt over fried nuggets, fries and ice cream!

I wish they would expand Kidcot to a little more than coloring stations. My kids wanted to color in their Duffy at the first country and were done by the second country. Don't get me wrong - it IS a nice free thing they put in place for the kids so the parents could enjoy a little world showcase. I just wish it had a little more oomph. Plus - does anyone else think the Kidcot CM's always look bored out of their minds?

Kit83

Original Poster
We really loved Disney more health conscious kid menus . Grilled chicken , broccoli and a yogurt over fried nuggets, fries and ice cream!

I wish they would expand Kidcot to a little more than coloring stations. My kids wanted to color in their Duffy at the first country and were done by the second country. Don't get me wrong - it IS a nice free thing they put in place for the kids so the parents could enjoy a little world showcase. I just wish it had a little more oomph. Plus - does anyone else think the Kidcot CM's always look bored out of their minds?

Its brilliant to see these nutritionally better menus for kid's it's so lazy to only offer nuggets and fries etc . My two like them on occasion but would rather have a mixed salad.When they went to Mc D's with their grandmother she was surprised they both chose salad I was so proud .

A lot of restaurants treat children like another species that only eat junk I wish more kids menus had better choice like Disney . If you don't give kids good nutritional food when young they may never develop healthy eating habits . Junk food raises tolerance to Sugar and salt which can ruin a child's palate .

I have no experience with Kidcot but looking at it on MDE and from what you say it looks like they need to make more of it .

amy1985

We lost the one sippy cup we brought with us and we're really surprised they don't sell them in the parks or the baby care centers. We really had to search before we found one. Another thing that doesn't specifically make the trip easier but I'd like to see is gender neutral baby clothing as we went while I was pregnant but before we knew our sons gender, and couldn't buy anything as all the clothes are really either for boys or girls.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom