What clothes to pack?

glingo

Original Poster
We will be headed to Disney World in September. We usually go in January so I have no idea how to pack for September. I live in Oklahoma and the weather I expect to encounter sounds like early summer weather here so I am pretty sure that shorts and t-shirts will be the main uniform, but what about a light jacket? I am the type that gets cold easily and always take a sweater to the movies. Will I need something for when we are in stores and restaraunts?

Thanks!

Iceviper123

You will be fine with shorts and a t-shirt.
I would always bring at least one jacket.
Ya know?
For whenever you may need it. ;)

The indoor attractions are cold (at least to me) but it's better then being in the heat.
So I'd say bring a couple of jackets or hoodies.

Nah you will be fine with what you wear at the parks when you go to stores and restaraunts.

Have fun! :D

The Mom

Premium Member
I usually bring a light sweater, or lately, a super light Pashima shawl. It is a very useful article to own.

Don't forget that September can still be very rainy, with a chance that afternoon showers may be replaced by all day rain if a front moves in, so some sort of rain gear is a must.

As metioned, it will still be HOT; definitely shorts and tees, hat, and sunscreen, and swimsuit for the hotel pool/waterparks.

We will be headed to Disney World in September. We usually go in January so I have no idea how to pack for September. I live in Oklahoma and the weather I expect to encounter sounds like early summer weather here so I am pretty sure that shorts and t-shirts will be the main uniform, but what about a light jacket? I am the type that gets cold easily and always take a sweater to the movies. Will I need something for when we are in stores and restaraunts?

Thanks!

This will be our 3rd Sept. And it is hot. But you never really mind the heat. What week are you going. I always pack a pair of jeans and a sweatshirt just in case. You never know when a cold streak will come through. But my normal attire is shorts, skorts, t-shirts and tanks. Oh and the bathing suit for the water parks. But since we have been going in sept, we have always had great weather. You know the normal 10 min sprinkle but thats about it. I hope that you have a great trip.

glingo

Original Poster
I will be there th 14th -21st and am really looking forward to going at a new time of year.

Thanks everyone for the input!

pj4963

What clothes to pack

You sound allot like me, I too take a sweater to movies.
I've been in Sept and the weather was very nice, it can get hot. Shorts and t-shirts should be fine. I went in April temps were around 80-82 wonderful weather. We wore capris and tops and took a long sleeve denim shirt to throw on incase we got cold. We never wore it except on the plane back home. Just needed something to cover our arms.
Pack light as you won't need any heavy clothes. The less you take the more you can bring back.:lol:

have a great trip:sohappy:

Rabflmom

You sound allot like me, I too take a sweater to movies.
I've been in Sept and the weather was very nice, it can get hot. Shorts and t-shirts should be fine. I went in April temps were around 80-82 wonderful weather. We wore capris and tops and took a long sleeve denim shirt to throw on incase we got cold. We never wore it except on the plane back home. Just needed something to cover our arms.
Pack light as you won't need any heavy clothes. The less you take the more you can bring back.:lol:

have a great trip:sohappy:

My thoughts? With having luggage limits leave the long things home except for a light pair of slacks to wear if you go out to eat in a restaurant where shorts won't feel comfortable. If ya need something warmer buy it here.....what better thing to bring home as a souvenir than a sweatshirt or jacket from Disney:ROFLOL: That is what I am doing when I head up to Chicago area next week. LOL Only I will buy a Bear's or one of my college's sweatshirts. The less I pack to go the more I can bring home.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom