What cheese is in Tuttio Italia's Grande Antipasto Misto?

RadarCricket

Original Poster
My husband and I went to Epcot's Tuttio Italia on our honeymoon, and we loved the Grande Antipasto Mistro (the appetizer for two). Specifically, we loved a certain cheese that was in the sampler. I know the name started with P, but we can't remember what it was called. I would love to get some for our first year anniversary, but I can't seem to find it. I would appreciate any help.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Pecorino Romano is a hard, salty Italian cheese which may what you are looking for (I have not had the Grande Antipasto Mistro so cannot confirm if this cheese is in it.)

Phonedave

Common ones would be Pecorino and Provolone.

Note that there are different Pecorino and Provolone's - Pecorino Romano, mentioned above, is a common one, but there are others. It's kind of like saying Cheddar. There are lots of different cheddars,

tribbleorlfl

On the pictures I've seen, it looks like nice triangles of Parmigiano Reggiano, which I would expect in an antipasto platter more than Romano (since Romano is drier).

What most people buy as Parmesan cheese is made in the style of Reggiano, but really are cheap substitutes produced in WI. True Reggiano can only come from the Parma region in Italy and is extremely complex. And expensive.

righttrack

I'm pretty good with Italian cheeses. I found this pic online

antipasto-1.jpg

From center left, just some guesses: Gorgonzola, Fiore di Latte (fresh Mozzarella balls), Asiago or Provolone

RadarCricket

Original Poster
On the pictures I've seen, it looks like nice triangles of Parmigiano Reggiano, which I would expect in an antipasto platter more than Romano (since Romano is drier).

What most people buy as Parmesan cheese is made in the style of Reggiano, but really are cheap substitutes produced in WI. True Reggiano can only come from the Parma region in Italy and is extremely complex. And expensive.

Parmigiano sounds a lot like what the waitress said (though I don't remember her saying Reggiano). We tried a triangle of it that we found in Walmart, but it didn't taste quite right. Maybe that's because it wasn't imported like you said.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom