What characters could come back?

SplashThunder

Original Poster
I've noticed how many characters have come and gone. What are some characters you think could come back? I'll post mine down below.

Captain Hook and Mr. Smee- These two characters could easily be placed outside of Peter Pan's Flight.

Brer Fox, Brer Bear, Brer Rabbit-
Oh, the days. I remember when these characters would goof off with me after a ride on Splash Mountain. Could they come back?

Mushu- Ah, Mushu. He could be placed in Epcot with Mulan! China would be a much more popular spot in the world showcase.

What are your character comebacks?

brb1006

AtaR6rF.jpg

I hope Flower from Bambi might return to the Disney Parks in the future especially now that AK exists but it mighty be more difficult to imagine now that Camp Minnie Mickey is gone. Both Thumper and Flower vanished from the parks as meetable characters in the late 70's and early 80's and Thumper only showed up during the "Easter Parade" specials at one point.

However Thumper did return to the parks sometime in 2006 when Bambi II came out.

SplashThunder

Original Poster
AtaR6rF.jpg

I hope Flower from Bambi might return to the Disney Parks in the future especially now that AK exists but it mighty be more difficult to imagine now that Camp Minnie Mickey is gone. Both Thumper and Flower vanished from the parks as meetable characters in the late 70's and early 80's and Thumper only showed up during the "Easter Parade" specials at one point.

However Thumper did return to the parks sometime in 2006 when Bambi II came out.
Yes this would be absolutely adorable! I would love these two!!

Greenlawler

A Lot of the randomness and fun of not knowing what characters will be wandering the Kingdom is gone we all know that, and I understand why so I probably should not start that debate...
As to the great question by the OP...
Should come back, could come back and want to come back are three different thoughts....

Should: Robin Hood, because I always associate WDW with him, Robin Hood was the big Disney film around the time that the park was getting it's legs and his presence was everywhere for years. and Dumbo because, heck it's Dumbo.
Could: Hook and Smee
Want: Ratigan and Basil or any more obscure character that has not been out since the films original release. :)

JIMINYCR

Could? Well any of them could. None of the Disney characters ever lose their appeal. Guests are drawn to the special events because of the appearance of seldom seen characters. Any character thats disappeared would draw long M&G lines if they showed up. I'd love to see JIminy Cricket back in the parks. Also... Merlin, Dreamfinder with Figment, Baloo, Sheriff of Nottingham, Brer Rabbit, Brer Fox, Brer Bear

brb1006

I'd like Oliver and Dodger just because I'm selfish and they're my favourites.
Imagine if Disney did something for National Cat Day or International Cat Day for once. Then that would had been a great idea to bring out the various Disney cat characters such as Oliver or even Marie,Toulouse and Berlioz at least for one day.

Last edited:

brb1006

A Lot of the randomness and fun of not knowing what characters will be wandering the Kingdom is gone we all know that, and I understand why so I probably should not start that debate...
As to the great question by the OP...
Should come back, could come back and want to come back are three different thoughts....

Should: Robin Hood, because I always associate WDW with him, Robin Hood was the big Disney film around the time that the park was getting it's legs and his presence was everywhere for years. and Dumbo because, heck it's Dumbo.
Could: Hook and Smee
Want: Ratigan and Basil or any more obscure character that has not been out since the films original release. :)
The closet that I can think about the fun of meeting random characters would have to be Tokyo Disney Resort.

mouse_luv

I've noticed how many characters have come and gone. What are some characters you think could come back? I'll post mine down below.

Captain Hook and Mr. Smee- These two characters could easily be placed outside of Peter Pan's Flight.

Brer Fox, Brer Bear, Brer Rabbit-
Oh, the days. I remember when these characters would goof off with me after a ride on Splash Mountain. Could they come back?

Mushu- Ah, Mushu. He could be placed in Epcot with Mulan! China would be a much more popular spot in the world showcase.

What are your character comebacks?
Mushu used to be a regular in China at EPCOT with Mulan, he shows up only for special occasions now.
This seems like a fun thread and all and I don't want to burst anyones bubble but characters are going away instead of coming back. Thanks Disney. :(

brb1006

Could? Well any of them could. None of the Disney characters ever lose their appeal. Guests are drawn to the special events because of the appearance of seldom seen characters. Any character thats disappeared would draw long M&G lines if they showed up. I'd love to see JIminy Cricket back in the parks. Also... Merlin, Dreamfinder with Figment, Baloo, Sheriff of Nottingham, Brer Rabbit, Brer Fox, Brer Bear

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom