What attractions you think will be gone by WDW's 75th anniversary?

wdwfan4ver

Original Poster
This isn't an imagineering thread, but a predicting thread.

Attractions do come and go. Case in point back in 1991 some attractions like Horizons, Body Wars, and Snow White's Scary Adventures, and Backlot Tour exist, but no longer does as examples. I mentioned 1991 because it was my first trip to WDW.

While 2046 is a long way away with me being Senior citizen with arthritis by than, there should attractions leaving.

Here is are my predictions of attractions going away and why:
  • Tomorrow Land Speedway - Disney already closed down Hong Kong Disneyland's version and Tokyo's, I'm guessing it would close WDW's at some point due to the amount land it takes up.
  • SGE - Stitch is already seasonal and it can't stay like that in 29 more years
  • Tom Sawyer Island - That land has been rumored in the past to be used in some type of an expansion.
  • A Frozen Sing-A-long Celebration. Sing-a-long attractions is something that would be changed or upgraded at some point.
  • One Man's Dream - My reasoning is its part of the park that has Star Wars Launch Bay and it seems like people in the company think Walt never existed.
  • Star Wars Launch Bay - Star Wars Launch Bay was designed to be "temporary" and the location of it is out of place when Star Wars Land opens in 2019. While Temporary in WDW terms could be over 10 years past its due date, I doubt it would be 27 years past its due date.
  • The Great Movie Ride - This is caused the rumors of it being replaced by Mickey Mouse instead of Animation Court year.
  • Voyage of the Little Mermaid - there was rumors of the show being replaced in the past
  • Beauty and the Beast Live on Stage - there was rumors of the show being replaced in the past. Even if it gets the stuff in the live action film, it still would be due for a replace by 2046
  • Both parts of imagination Pavilion. The Film Festival part will be changed by 2046 because it would be over 30 years old by then.
  • Circle of Life - I'm guessing Disney would touch this attraction by 2046 since the film would be over 50 years old and we don't know how film technology is going to by the 2040's.
  • UOE- There already are rumors of it getting replaced by GOTG.

Disneyfan_76

Despite rumors, I don't see Tom Sawyer Island going away anytime soon. The place has a timeless quality. The name may change, some small parts of it, but I think as a concept, it will say for a while.

Bairstow

This isn't an imagineering thread, but a predicting thread.

Attractions do come and go. Case in point back in 1991 some attractions like Horizons, Body Wars, and Snow White's Scary Adventures, and Backlot Tour exist, but no longer does as examples. I mentioned 1991 because it was my first trip to WDW.

While 2046 is a long way away with me being Senior citizen with arthritis by than, there should attractions leaving.

Here is are my predictions of attractions going away and why:
  • Tomorrow Land Speedway - Disney already closed down Hong Kong Disneyland's version and Tokyo's, I'm guessing it would close WDW's at some point due to the amount land it takes up.
  • SGE - Stitch is already seasonal and it can't stay like that in 29 more years
  • Tom Sawyer Island - That land has been rumored in the past to be used in some type of an expansion.
  • A Frozen Sing-A-long Celebration. Sing-a-long attractions is something that would be changed or upgraded at some point.
  • One Man's Dream - My reasoning is its part of the park that has Star Wars Launch Bay and it seems like people in the company think Walt never existed.
  • Star Wars Launch Bay - Star Wars Launch Bay was designed to be "temporary" and the location of it is out of place when Star Wars Land opens in 2019. While Temporary in WDW terms could be over 10 years past its due date, I doubt it would be 27 years past its due date.
  • The Great Movie Ride - This is caused the rumors of it being replaced by Mickey Mouse instead of Animation Court year.
  • Voyage of the Little Mermaid - there was rumors of the show being replaced in the past
  • Beauty and the Beast Live on Stage - there was rumors of the show being replaced in the past. Even if it gets the stuff in the live action film, it still would be due for a replace by 2046
  • Both parts of imagination Pavilion. The Film Festival part will be changed by 2046 because it would be over 30 years old by then.
  • Circle of Life - I'm guessing Disney would touch this attraction by 2046 since the film would be over 50 years old and we don't know how film technology is going to by the 2040's.
  • UOE- There already are rumors of it getting replaced by GOTG.

Wait, is all this stuff still open now?!
Some of these things should have been replaced years ago.
How is the Frozen singalong still running?

wdwfan4ver

Original Poster
1.) Yep, except for SGE. The catch is SGE was opened last week, but not this week. The catch is the attraction is being run on "Selective" dates by Disney. The attraction is still on standby.
2.) Very true.
3.) I'm guessing its caused Star Wars Land and Toy Story Land being under construction with the park not able to afford anything close for a good amount of time. I am saying that because I recalled WDW1974 last year mentioning that George Kalogridis told Bob Chapek that TOT can't be closed for Guardians of Galaxy: Mission out attraction due to the capacity the park has right now after the things that closed for Star Wars Land and Toy Story Land.

KLinder7

The Frozen singalong moved into a bigger theater and is still getting large crowds. Might not be there in 2046 but don't see it going away any time soon.

ppete1975

country bear jamboree, the current journey to imagination... universe of energy.... living seas (I think the upkeep will eventually do it in)

thomas998

I think a easy question might be what attractions won't be gone by then.... In MK I would only expect pirates, haunted mansion, jungle cruise, Dumbo, teacups, carosel of progress and small world to remain in virtually the same shape then as they are now... Everything else will likely have a significant refurb if not re-purposing sort of like Disney has done with Tower of Terror in DL. There are a lot of things that have vanished over the years that I would have expected to last much longer than they ended up lasting... 20,000 leagues, Sky way, Toad's wild ride and Snow White's Scary adventure would have all been rides that when they were going on I would never have expect to see them vanish when they did.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I think the world - and technology - in general will be much different in 2046 - I'm not even going to speculate. If I'm still alive, I will be so old WDW will be the last of my concerns....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom