What are your "waiting in line" pet peeves?

shello1113

CAPTAIN HOOK said:
Two pet hates -
1) The group that leaves a single person in the line and then when he / she is near the front the rest of the family try and barge through - DON'T TRY IT BUDDY !!
2) The family with the stroller who try and hook the front of it to the back of your ankle (on more than one occasion)

Your number one reason, those are my words exactly, but you said it for me!!!

Tadifer

hmm...I guess mine would have to be little kids who awkwardly stare at you while in line. You never know if you should speak to them, or ignore them, or what. haha...helps pass the time, tho.

<33
Tad

Neptune

Kids who swing their hands around on line and hit you...

People who do not pay attention and do not move up.

People with bad B.O. On line. :lol:

Great thread! lol

FanofDinsey1981

Tadifer said:
hmm...I guess mine would have to be little kids who awkwardly stare at you while in line. You never know if you should speak to them, or ignore them, or what. haha...helps pass the time, tho.

<33
Tad

oooo, that reminds me of another one. I like waving to little kids (my and my sister usually team up), making peek-a-boo faces, etc....that is the fun part. the unfun part is when the parents turn around and give you EXTREMELY dirty looks, like we are going to take the kid or whatever. One dad got mad at us because his baby daughter was giggling in his ear....but we had stopped her from CRYING in his ear.....ugh. :hammer:

Neptune

M:SpilotISTC12 said:
When people think they know everything about the ride when they dont know anything about it.

I.E A kid in line said that RnR went 75 MPH. When it only goes 60.

Hahaha, I said that once..I was only like...12, though.

Can't get mad at a 12 year old! Especially for that reason... Unless you are the parents..:lol:

And last time I went, in May... on Splash mountain, we got Fastpasses to it because of BTM Breaking down while we were on it, these two kids were making out, right behind me, and I turned my head for a SECOND, and they become Obnoxious and say "Hi" And start laughing at me. I just said "Pathetic" Softly and Went in front of my brother. Kind of rude, but they really deserved it! :lol:

Chape19714

I normally make friends in line! :lol: Once I was in line for Stitch late at night, and a couple from new york was behind me, we talked the whole time, and they ended up following me around until the park closed! They were very nice! lol. Other than that, i Don't like people who cut.

jedimaster1227

Laura22 said:
J Sulley's post about personal space got me thinking about all the annoying things that go on while I'm waiting in lines.

My absolute biggest pet peeve is when the people behind me think that the line will move faster if they stand 1 millimeter behind me instead of 2 feet behind me. I hate that so much. I guess they think if they crowd me that I'll move up and force the rest of the line to move? (Which I refuse to take a single step forward when people are pushing me, so basically I make them look dumb.) And then you have the impatient people who not only constantly push against you in the line, but they keep walking in front of you, and then they go back to their spot, and then they walk in front of you again, over and over. Or they feel like they need to stand right next to you. What is the big deal about standing a couple feet behind someone in line??! Why do people feel the need to push push push??! I get a big thrill out of giving dirty looks to people who do that LOL.

So what are your "line" pet peeves?

You're they like to get so close that you feel them. Like, when my brother and I were in line for Sheikra at Busch Gardens, this old man liked to be so close to us and everyone else that his knee was in my leg... Scary old men...:lol:

CoffeeJedi

jedimaster1227 said:
You're they like to get so close that you feel them. Like, when my brother and I were in line for Sheikra at Busch Gardens, this old man liked to be so close to us and everyone else that his knee was in my leg... Scary old men...:lol:
he didn't talk about your creamy hamstrings did he?

(semi-obscure Family Guy ref)

phantom groupie

I can't stand little kids climbing on hand rails and going crazy! I understand that the park was made with kids in mind but COME ON!!!!! And i also don't like it when people swear in front of kids...that bothers me the most.

Grim Grinner

My biggest pet-peeves are Brazilians who smell while kissing each other during at which time they are on the cellphone asking people to guess where they're at...

Actually, this has never happened to me, but I assume it would be catastrophic to my fragile emotions. :)

(Note: this is intended as a humorous post and not intended to insult anyone, except for that guy with the red shirt who's reading this right now.)

Woody13

phantom groupie said:
I can't stand little kids climbing on hand rails and going crazy! I understand that the park was made with kids in mind but COME ON!!!!! And i also don't like it when people swear in front of kids...that bothers me the most.
Perhaps if parents swore more often at their children "...climbing on hand rails and going crazy!", part of the problem would be diminished. Such as, "Suzi, get your lame little butt off that chain before I put my foot in your posterior region!"

DDuckFan130

Woody13 said:
Perhaps if parents swore more often at their children "...climbing on hand rails and going crazy!", part of the problem would be diminished. Such as, "Suzi, get your lame little butt off that chain before I put my foot in your posterior region!"
That's what helped us :lookaroun

dandaman

Woody13 said:

:lol: If the kid's not old enough, he/she might not know what "posterior region" means... ;)

brb1006

While I never experienced this thankfully, hearing guests saying out loud that the character they are about to meet is just a person in a costume. The characters at Disney are treated very specially by guests,CMs, and the company itself. And it really irritates me when there will be at least one person in line or in the parks that want to ruin the fun to the other guests.

MaxxStephen

I've had people like wiping sweat off of their heads or backs in front and behind me. Blowing your nose wicked loud also makes me cringe. In that FL heat, anything could bother someone lol.

Patcheslee

Only thing that has truly ticked me off in line( not at Disney) :while DD7 and myself were waiting in line for a rollercoaster she said "hi" to two other kids behind us that were about the same age and told them her name. She's very friendly and likes to make "line buddies". The parents immediately told the other kids "don't talk to that girl, you don't know who she is". I just wanted to smack the parents. I fully expect her to want to hang out with other kids in line and if it makes the time go by quicker THANK GOD. I'm tempted to save a couple autograph pages specifically for her line buddies when we come down in June.

Sans Souci

People who get so close to you, you can feel their breath on your neck/shoulder. It makes me want to leave and take a Silkwood shower.

Mal

Mine is 1000% excessive PDA in the queue. I don't even have kids to worry about, but I do not want to stand next to people with their tongues down each other's throats or their hands all over each other in line. That's what your hotel is for. By all means, hold hands, hug each other, put your arm around your significant other, or even sneak a quick kiss. You're on vacation, I get it, but when it's to the point I feel the need to turn away before I see somebody hit 2nd base, it's too much.

Disney4family

Cutting in line. And annoying kids.

Both of these happened while waiting in the queue of Soarin. Because part of Soarin's queue is so wide, I guess people feel obliged to try and cut....STOP IT!!:mad: The annoying kid tried doing it, and then there was a couple who also tried to cut as well.
Just recently we noticed that the line for Soarin was only 15 minutes. So did everyone else. I know people were excited. We were, too, since we had our FastPass for Test Track and never thought we would be able to enjoy this attraction that day - and it was our first time experiencing the new film! There was a young couple ahead of us. The woman had a boot on and was obviously limping. She really did her best to walk quickly, but it was difficult and probably hurt , too. We had to actually form a line across behind them to block off the people behind us. There was only four of us, but we managed. Honestly, we only had a short distance to walk before we finally hit the real line and stopped. My kids couldn't believe that people were willing to run over this poor couple just to get ahead of them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom