What are your thoughts on the D23 Expo and combining with Disneyland?

prberk

Original Poster
Well, I did it!

I bought the ticket! My plane ticket, that is! The flights were still reasonable but about to go up (hitting the two week mark), so I bit the bullet and bought plane tickets.

Cool thing is, after I bought the tickets, I remembered that Disney has a people-mover in the Houston airport (if I remember correctly), where I have a layover before the flight to Orange County (which, for once, was just as reasonable as LAX!). So, I did it! I am committed. Looking forward to a "geeking out" and seeing some of the archives stuff and other things, along with Disneyland's 60th, that only a fan could love. And I have a few friends in Southern California to catch up with as well. Should be fun.

Gaston's gal

This is gonna be my first expo. If I wanna get a limited numbered item from the store when should I get in line?
Some people are only shopping to sell stuff on eBay, so they get in line super early. Since there are the overnight lines this year, (yuck) they may be in those lines for their sales. Also, the Shopping Passes that they are issuing this year are only from 12-5pm. The limited number items will mostly likely gone before then so don't depend on that to get your items you want.
I have arrived between 5:30-6:00am every day for the past 2 Expos and the lines are long then. I'm worried about how bad they will be this year because of the overnighters! Good luck. I hope you get what you want.

Figments Friend

I might be totally wrong in my 'guesstimate'....but i am assuming the morning lines will be even longer this year due to the overnighters already being 'ahead' of everyone showing up anytime in the morning.

I wonder how many overnighters are not bothering to book a hotel room for the first two Expo days....and using the Con Hall as a 'flop house'...?
I was just thinking about that the other day.
It could be done when you think about how late the Parks are open that time of year -

Pack a backback with a 'overnight kit', snacks, and whatever else one would need.
Spend the day at the Expo.
Leave the Expo later and head for the Parks or another destination.
Return later in the evening when the doors open for the overnight lines and 'sleep over' at the Hall.
Wake up a few hours later, ready for Day 2 of the Expo.

I can see some adventurous souls actually doing this...to save a few bucks.
Not for me, but if my budget hotel turns out to be as questionable as i keep reading in reviews i might end up looking at this for a option!
:hungover:

Last edited:
Some people are only shopping to sell stuff on eBay, so they get in line super early. Since there are the overnight lines this year, (yuck) they may be in those lines for their sales. Also, the Shopping Passes that they are issuing this year are only from 12-5pm. The limited number items will mostly likely gone before then so don't depend on that to get your items you want.
I have arrived between 5:30-6:00am every day for the past 2 Expos and the lines are long then. I'm worried about how bad they will be this year because of the overnighters! Good luck. I hope you get what you want.
Thanks for the help.

Gaston's gal

I might be totally wrong in my 'guesstimate'....but i am assuming the morning lines will be even longer this year due to the overnighters already being 'ahead' of everyone showing up anytime in the morning.

I wonder how many overnighters are not bothering to book a hotel room for the first two Expo days....and using the Con Hall as a 'flop house'...?
I was just thinking about that the other day.
It could be done when you think about how late the Parks are open that time of year -

Pack a backback with a 'overnight kit', snacks, and whatever else one would need.
Spend the day at the Expo.
Leave the Expo later and head for the Parks or another destination.
Return later in the evening when the doors open for the overnight lines and 'sleep over' at the Hall.
Wake up a few hours later, ready for Day 2 of the Expo.

I can see some adventurous souls actually doing this...to save a few bucks.
Not for me, but if my budget hotel turns out to be as questionable as i keep reading in reviews i might end up looking at this for a option!
I have thought about that option too-- people just sleeping outside of the Expo for Friday and Saturday instead of getting the hotel room. Really, Saturday is usually the worst day when looking at the crowds. It always sells out so that's the day, in my opinion, that I need to arrive the earliest for the Expo activities. I'm still sleeping in my hotel room, not at the Expo. I need a little rest!

Figments Friend

I have thought about that option too-- people just sleeping outside of the Expo for Friday and Saturday instead of getting the hotel room. Really, Saturday is usually the worst day when looking at the crowds. It always sells out so that's the day, in my opinion, that I need to arrive the earliest for the Expo activities. I'm still sleeping in my hotel room, not at the Expo. I need a little rest!

Good for you!
:)
I know i would not be able to get any sleep whatsoever if i *camped out* at the Expo, or anywhere else for that matter.
I*ll be lucky to get any sleep at all even in my hotel bed, as my excitement - geekout adrenaline levels will likely be peaking Thursday and Friday night.

Thank the Tiki Gods for the 24 hour CVS right next door to the Convention Center.
Gotta love aspirin and Powerade in the morning......

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom