What are your favorite WDW podcasts?

wdwtopten

Original Poster
Mighty Men of Mouse is a current favorite. Smart and great insight on WDW.

I'd never heard of this one before you mentioned it.

I just listened to their most recent episode...pretty good! I'll be listening to the next few, for sure.

FettFan

It's a shame Ricky from Inside the Magic doesn't make episodes anymore. There hasn't been an episode for a few months now.

Well, Ricky Brigante is allegedly moving forward with another side project, after the successes that were the Radley Haunted House in 2014 and The Republic Escape Room of 2015, both of which he was heavily involved with. His last Facebook post was on December 6:
Ricky Brigante said:
Looking for programmers - preferably in Orlando (but not required) - with any or all of the following skills to work on a crazy fun new project!

1. JavaScript
2. HTML / CSS PHP / SQL (the usual web stuff)
3. OSC
4. AppleScript
5. Kinect or other motion tracking system
6. Unity
7. VR (no specific platform)

Chime in even if you know only one of these. Happy to work with one or several people! Let me know!

Also MIA is 'Theme Park University' (aka the one with Ron "Dreamfinder" Schneider as the announcer) hasn't had an episode since August I think.

My personal favorite, Communicore Weekly, is going to be ending this year. Jeff Heimbuch and George Taylor made the announcement in December. Their rationale was "want to go out on a high note", because they didn't want to risk it becoming stale.

Last edited:

bgraham34

I listen to several Disney Podcasts among my favorites are.

Enchanted Tiki Talk
Radio Harambe
WDW Radio
Retro Disney World

jessfriends

I too was a very loyal listener to WDW Today for 10 years. I never missed an episode. I gave the new crew that took over the show 3 episodes and they failed miserably. I enjoy Inside the Magic (Ricky Brigante) ad WDW Radio with Lou Mongello. Podcasts make my 58 Mile drive each way to work seem quicker than they are. I mow my lawn to them and even have them on in background at work.

I miss the original WDW Today guys. I'm still trying to give the new guys a chance and will probably continue to listen but I'm having a hard time with the transition as it's just not the same but they cover current stuff. I like the disney dish with Jim hill and Len testa from WDW Today and I don't mind that they cover more than just disney world. I'm hoping the Mickey miles and more podcast will be good. I'm not a runner but missed Scopa from WDW Today so I began listing to that podcast and they recently announced they would start covering more than just running. I'm even listening to Matt from WDW Today's Royal Caribbean blog podcast occasionally since I miss him. Even though Mike Newell isn't on a current podcast I love mouse world radio but that even had to change because of new laws. I really have been going through withdraw from those guys after hearing them for years but I understand they all have lives and different projects now.

I am liking the retro disney world podcast & disney dish podcast but for current news I'm trying a bunch to find something as good as the original WDW today and I'm not finding it yet and I don't think I ever will.

Timsierramist

I'm biased, but you folks might give Walt Disney World News Today a try. What drew me to this podcasts when I was mass downloading WDW podcasts for my first Walt Disney World trip was a need to counterbalance WDW Radio. Lou has the highest ratings and has done the biggest 3rd party Disney related interviews with major news networks, for good reason. He does an excellent program...but yeah...sometimes he is overly cheerful and I wonder if he is on some pretty strong depression meds. (joking).

I liked Walt Disney World News Today because of the huge variety of shows, podcasters that come on and that they are not afraid to criticize or call out Disney when they take a step in the wrong direction. Very opinionated, but highly informative.

Another podcast I just subscribed to was DIStracted Disney Life. No opinion on that one yet as I just subscribed yesterday to try it out.

*Disclaimer: I do Disneyland photo reports for and used to co-host the now sunsetted DLNT podcast for them.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom