What are your favorite "rare" Disney park characters?

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Original Poster
I am honestly pretty fascinated with the really rare Disney park characters and the retired ones.. Some I've always wanted to meet! Here are some of my favorites..

8637016158_e9f0873217.jpg
4975590597_ae4f817c14.jpg

-Quasimodo -Hercules

9085095313_133439a199.jpg
9135595134_f4e8df88d1.jpg

-Vinny -Kronk

DABIGCHEEZ

We have had M&Gs with many rare characters over the years(when they were not so rare)(3 of the 4 OP'S wants), but some misses that we would love to see are:
Ludwig Von Drake, Oogie Boogie, Lotso(only seen in parade), Jack and Sally, Roger Rabbit, Scrooge McDuck, Huey, Dewey and Louie.
Only ones from Stars Wars that I would care to see are: Jawa, Greedo, Tusken Raider, Gamorrean Guard, C3PO, and Yoda

Last edited:

FoozieBear

Whenever Roger Rabbit makes an appearance the lines can go over three hours. They seriously gotta start putting him out more.

Monkee Girl

Honest John and Gideon are my favorites. Pinocchio's line was long and their's was so short, I decided to go see them because I have NEVER seen them out. It's a shame but the people in line had NO idea who they were; they just got in line to get pictures. They were so funny, the cast member told us all to hide our valuables. Around 3, before the parade started, Stromboli was out with them. I didn't get in line to see him but now I wish I did. Bit those two were great.

WondersOfLife

Original Poster
He was out all spring at Disneyland. Wait times were 5 - 10 minutes...

Yea I'm pretty sure his popularity's a different story at Disneyland where he's actually pretty common and also has his own ride..

Whereas at WDW he's not mentioned hardly anywhere. The only moment I've ever had/seen anything of Roger Rabbit at WDW was when I went for my 2nd grade birthday and they gave me a signed birthday card at Crystal palace with signatures, Roger Rabbit was one!

WondersOfLife

Original Poster
Yes, it would be really cool to meet some Atlantis characters!

I, for one, think that Atlantis should have been the new theme of The Living Seas! After wall, we already have a Nemo stage show at Animal Kingdom. They could just add the nemo gift shop to that building.. GIVE ME ATLANTIS IN EPCOT!!

The overall Atlantis theme works well with Epcot itself if you think about it.

JIMINYCR

Honest John and Gideon are my favorites. Pinocchio's line was long and their's was so short, I decided to go see them because I have NEVER seen them out. It's a shame but the people in line had NO idea who they were; they just got in line to get pictures. They were so funny, the cast member told us all to hide our valuables. Around 3, before the parade started, Stromboli was out with them. I didn't get in line to see him but now I wish I did. Bit those two were great.

I see Pinocchio , Gideon, Honest John a lot in EP but why dont they round out the cast with JIMINY too ??? Hes become a rare character to find, but he always drew the crowds when he was out once upon a time.

FoozieBear

He was out all spring at Disneyland. Wait times were 5 - 10 minutes...

I was referring more to WDW than Disneyland, but yeah, that's a pretty new thing. Remember last year when he made an appearance at the Easter Hop? Glad they started putting him out there a little more after that.

J_Carioca

I would love to see them. Something makes me think they appear in the Hallowe'en parade...

Tigger 68

A few years ago during the Halloween party I was coming from Adventure Land and right in front of the Crystal Palace was Lotso all by himself. This was a few months after my wife and I had seen Toy Story 3 and for personal sentimental/inside joke reasons he was a fav of ours. I was so excited and lost track of I was in a family setting and looked at my wife and said "It's Lotso! It's F'ing Lotso!" I received a bunch of dirty looks but I was to excited.

wdrive

Yea I'm pretty sure his popularity's a different story at Disneyland where he's actually pretty common and also has his own ride..

Whereas at WDW he's not mentioned hardly anywhere. The only moment I've ever had/seen anything of Roger Rabbit at WDW was when I went for my 2nd grade birthday and they gave me a signed birthday card at Crystal palace with signatures, Roger Rabbit was one!

I wouldn't really say he's common at Disneyland, there's the ride but as far as meet and greet appearances go he is pretty rare. If you went to Disneyland today I could pretty much guarantee that you wouldn't see him. He's only really been out recently for the Easter round up and before that for the Halloween pre-party. Before that you're going back years and years for his last meet and greet appearance.

Gullywhumper

I, for one, think that Atlantis should have been the new theme of The Living Seas! After wall, we already have a Nemo stage show at Animal Kingdom. They could just add the nemo gift shop to that building.. GIVE ME ATLANTIS IN EPCOT!!

The overall Atlantis theme works well with Epcot itself if you think about it.
Yes, the theme of ancient civilizations under water works much better then "NEMO? NEMO" for 30 seconds. Give us Atlantis, please!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom