What are you paying for your airfare?

DisneyRunner

Original Poster
I'm use to paying around $200 per person round trip for airfare. The flights are direct morning and evening flights, Milwaukee to Orlando during the summer. Not this year! It looks like the super sale rate is now around $309 for these same flights. How about you?

mickeysshoes

I just paid $197 round trip from Regan (DC) into MCO. Same kind of time frame...7am going down and 8pm with a layover coming home. But for the price I will deal! What I have been telling folks is to sign up with Orbits and fill out all the info about you and each week I get a email with weekly special out of my local aiports and this is where i got this deal. Cant hurt to try!!! Good luck!

Sans Souci

We are going at the end of summer from Chicago and I'm looking at SWA $310 r/t. Other airlines are the same, but we're bringing golf clubs, this is folded in to SWA's fares.

It's been about 2 years since I've paid $200 r/t.

goodanu

From Massachusetts in August. We actually fly Southwest out of Manchester NH, we got RT flights for $280.00
Arrive MCO 1030a NStop
Depart MCO 500p NStop.

Good deal as far as I'm concerned.

DisneyRunner

Original Poster
From Massachusetts in August. We actually fly Southwest out of Manchester NH, we got RT flights for $280.00
Arrive MCO 1030a NStop
Depart MCO 500p NStop.

Good deal as far as I'm concerned.

Those times are similar to mine. That's why I bought the tickets. Those are prime flights, you know the price will increase drastically. I'm comfortable with the new normal fare, too.

LuLaSue

I'm used to paying around $200 per person round trip for airfare. The flights are direct morning and evening flights, Milwaukee to Orlando during the summer. Not this year! It looks like the super sale rate is now around $309 for these same flights. How about you?

Exactly the same for us! EWR to MCO

chama1

Airfares

They say that if anyone is planning to fly expect the airfares to go much higher by April. If these prices don't stop it's going make some families rethink their vacation plans in the future. Our children are grown and we still have to consider which family member we can't afford to visit. The good thing is we live within 15 minutes from Disney, we save on gas, no hotel needed, use our passes which more then pays for itself, well you get the picture.

captainkidd

From Boston to Orlando for July, 2 adults and 3 kids, I'm paying $1,548 round trip. I normally average about $1,000 for the trip, and have paid as low as $700. Clearly, not a good year for air travel.

captainkidd

They say that if anyone is planning to fly expect the airfares to go much higher by April. If these prices don't stop it's going make some families rethink their vacation plans in the future. Our children are grown and we still have to consider which family member we can't afford to visit. The good thing is we live within 15 minutes from Disney, we save on gas, no hotel needed, use our passes which more then pays for itself, well you get the picture.

I don't think there's any question about it. We're planning on going to California next summer for the first time. Hopefully by then, this gauging will be over, but if it gets much worse, we're not going. I'm not going any higher than $2,500 for airfare. If it goes any higher than $1,500 - $1,600 for Orlando round trip for the 5 of us, I won't pay that either.

goodanu

From Boston to Orlando for July, 2 adults and 3 kids, I'm paying $1,548 round trip. I normally average about $1,000 for the trip, and have paid as low as $700. Clearly, not a good year for air travel.

Kidd, do you ever look southwest from Manchester? You must fly jet blue from Logan to get that price-right? Southwest from Manchester will cost close to jet blue but the ease of the airport compared to Logan is much better and add the cost to park is much cheaper than Logan. Not sure if it works for you but it sure does for us cuz we live near th NH border.

Plus bags fly free:)

PirateAngel

I’m checking into flights during Christmas week this year. From Newark to Orlando is ranging from about $600-$620 per person. It’s insane! I’m waiting and hoping it’ll go down a little but I highly doubt it. The cost of air travel nowadays plus being the holidays, it’s a double whammy! I checked departing out of Philly and it’s $200 cheaper but I’ll need to find out how much long term parking costs. Might not be worth it. I need my Disney fix, but at these prices, I may have to re-think this trip :( :mad:

PolynesianPrincess

We just booked tickets a couple weeks ago for September 24 returning October 1st Portland, ME to MCO for $249 on AirTran. Thats pretty low for Portland. This spring they had nothing lower than $330 for the times we wanted and since we're not staying on site, we would need a rental car as well so we're going to drive. 24 hours in the car but the prices were just too much for us!!

Lucky

I just bought tickets from Washington Dulles roundtrip to MCO for $216 each from United. I was surprised United was cheaper this time than AirTran and Southwest, even factoring in the baggage fees (which I hope I can avoid if I still have Premier status as a United frequent flyer).

LuLaSue

I’m checking into flights during Christmas week this year. From Newark to Orlando is ranging from about $600-$620 per person. It’s insane! I’m waiting and hoping it’ll go down a little but I highly doubt it. The cost of air travel nowadays plus being the holidays, it’s a double whammy! I checked departing out of Philly and it’s $200 cheaper but I’ll need to find out how much long term parking costs. Might not be worth it. I need my Disney fix, but at these prices, I may have to re-think this trip :( :mad:

I think if you book a hotel even for one night you will be entitiled to free long term parking in some hotels. Most will even provide a free shuttle service to and from the airport. We are doing this in November for another trip and air out of JFK was much cheaper.

I am also finding myself booking with Jet Blue more. If the price happens to drop at least Jet Blue will credit my True Blue account with the funds so I can use it toward a future booking.

Good Luck!

captainkidd

Kidd, do you ever look southwest from Manchester? You must fly jet blue from Logan to get that price-right? Southwest from Manchester will cost close to jet blue but the ease of the airport compared to Logan is much better and add the cost to park is much cheaper than Logan. Not sure if it works for you but it sure does for us cuz we live near th NH border.

Plus bags fly free:)

Oh yeah, all the time. However, I like Jet Blue for the pre-assigned seats and TV's. The price, at least as of late, is the same.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom