What are you most looking forward to opening in 2012?

What are you most looking forward to opening in 2012?

• Storybook Circus

Votes: 4 0.8%
  • Be our Guest Restaurant

Votes: 110 21.7%
  • Ariel's Adventure

Votes: 108 21.3%
  • Enchanted Tales with Belle

Votes: 10 2.0%
  • Splitsville

Votes: 7 1.4%
  • Disney's Art of Animation Resort

Votes: 27 5.3%
  • Test Track 2.0

Votes: 234 46.2%
  • Agent P's World Showcase Adventure

Votes: 6 1.2%

• Total voters

Jeff456

Test track.. although I am slightly apprehensive about the refurbishment as I really loved it before... fingers crossed the end result is good!

ddbowdoin

honestly, just going back... but I failed in my projected analysis. I took a gamble, purchased AP's (for the 1st time) in anticipation that all of FLE would be open. Looks like 2013 isn't the number and our second trip this year will still be fun but we'll likely keep it shorter and on the cheap side.

having a reason to go back is never a problem... its actually pretty awesome!

DisDadEddie

Just wish Fantasyland would have been finished for our August trip. Don't know if I'll return in 2013 0r just wait until 2014 when everything is completed.

KCheatle

I think the one I'm most "curious" about is Be Our Guest Restaurant. I just don't see how a Quick Service will be able to...hmm...what is the word.."gracefully" I guess... transfer into a Character Dinner. I am excited to eat at the dinner there and see the ballroom and everything. I'm also very curious about how one is "transported" into Belle's Story Time. Also, I'm curious about what's going on in Pete's Silly Slide show. Man...I really choose the wrong answer in picking Ariel's ride!! Of any of them, I can anticipate what that will be like. I guess I'm always excited for a new ride, though. Looks like I've got some explorin' to do when this opens!!

ddbowdoin

Just wish Fantasyland would have been finished for our August trip. Don't know if I'll return in 2013 0r just wait until 2014 when everything is completed.

same, I said the same thing when I purchased AP's this year...

well, at this point we're just going to go in March of 2013 because we already have the AP's and we'll stay at the POP to keep it cheap. We're going to try and stick to a once a year regime but with 2 in 2012/2013 it might be hard and we may have to skip a year.

DisDadEddie

same, I said the same thing when I purchased AP's this year...

well, at this point we're just going to go in March of 2013 because we already have the AP's and we'll stay at the POP to keep it cheap. We're going to try and stick to a once a year regime but with 2 in 2012/2013 it might be hard and we may have to skip a year.
We purchased our AP in August 2011 and have used it that trip,then we returned in January also. We are staying at ASM this time because it saves us money we are going from August 8th thru 20th. Our AP expires on August 19th, we fly out on the 20th. I think 2014 would be our best bet to return and get another AP once the Mine Coaster is complete.

bethymouse

Test Track baby!:)
But, I am looking forward to the new Be Our Guest Restaurant. Unfortunately, we won't be experiencing those this year, but maybe in 2013?:rolleyes:

luv

I thought I'd be alone in voting for TT.

I have fairly low expectations for FLE other than a nicely (I hope) themed area...but am cautiously optimistic on the new TT.

Patricia Melton

I think I am most looking forward to BOG for a few reasons.

My family used to be in the restaurant business so from a professional curiosity point of view, I want to see how the place operates. I can't think of another themed restaurant like this that puts you inside a particular movie for a meal. There are lots of theme restaurants that have come and gone but to me this is very original. I am very excited to eat there and take in all the beautiful details. I am very excited for it.

I'm also looking forward to taking my niece and nephew who are pre-teens because they love the movie and will be thoroughly enchanted by the place, I just know it. I've seen the menu and I also like that they are requiring kids to stretch their taste buds a bit with choices that are very French cooking inspired. I love that. There are plenty of places in the parks to get the chicken fingers that a lot of parents seem to exclusively serve their kids...I love the idea that this magical BOG restaurant could be a lucky child's first introduction to something other than tired old chicken fingers.

I really hope if BOG is a big success that DLR gets a "Tiana's Palace" restaurant on New Orleans Square with a similar concept but themed with Louisiana food to the gorgeous setting of Tiana's restaurant in that movie.

AEfx

Not a question - Ariel.

I mean, it's a real dark ride. I don't care if it's not some E-ticket, it's a new dark ride based on a classic Disney film - I mean, I feel like it's Easter and Christmas and Aunt Ethel's Day all in one.

Second would easily be BOG - but even if the menu wasn't "meh" all the theming in the world of a restaurant cannot compare to a real, live, actual dark ride.

DisneyJunkie

At this rate, I won't be able to see any of those things open up this year - due to the timing of my trip. But of them all, I had to choose Test Track 2.0. New restaurants and bowling alleys don't rank too high on my list, and I've seen the Little Mermaid ride in its entirety already (YouTube clip of the one in Disneyland), but the only one I know little about is this Test Track change.

Oddysey

At the risk of sounding negative, what does it say about the way the Disney is allocating funds when more people are excited about a less expensive attraction overlay (TT 2.0) than anything in the considerably more expensive Land expansion that is taking significantly more time to build (New FL)?

ExtinctJenn

I'm excited about most everything except the M&Gs (simply because DS6 and DH could care less about the princesses or waiting in a line to meet them) and Splitsville (which is really, to me, a non-Disney add). I voted for AoA because it tops the list with BOG and TT2 being a really close second.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom