What are the best shows and rides do you think for a 2 year old and 5 year old?

Bryan Slater

Original Poster
I'm going from 6-28 to 7-9-16 with a 2 and 5 year old. I just want to get other ideas other then mine on what other people enjoy doing with there kids. It can be at any park or resort. Thanks for the ideas and please follow.

DisneyDreamer08

Our daughter was almost 4 her first trip.
In AK, she loved the Safari ride, Lion King show, the Nemo show and playing in the Boneyard- definitely don't skip the Boneyard!! She also loved the spinning dinosaur ride. I think we rode it about 5 times :)

In DHS, big hits were the Disney Junior show, Little Mermaid show, Frozen sing a long, and the Toy Story ride.

In Epcot, she loved the Nemo ride and the whole Seas pavilion, Soarin, and the Gran Fiesta Tour

In MK, you really can't go wrong :) She loved all of Fantasyland and Storybook Circus (her favorite ride of all the parks was Small World), the Flying Carpets, Jungle Cruise, Haunted Mansion. I think we spent 3 days there!

And of course, characters. She loved meeting characters in all the parks!

CaptainAmerica

My one-year old has been twice. She loves absolutely anything with music. Even though she won't keep 3D glasses on or pay attention to the screen, she loves dancing to PhilharMagic. Like @DisneyDreamer08 said, she also loves watching the fish in the Seas pavilion. She's also fascinated by animals so we can spend hours on the Maharajah Jungle Trek and Pangani Forest Trail at Animal Kingdom.

DiSnEyF@n

Honestly, everything! They will enjoy. Every. Little. Thing that Disney has to offer.

The first thing that I thought of that I know most people wouldn't think of is the show in France in Epcot. It is 18 minutes long, but my 2 year old LOVED it!!! We saw it 3 times when we were there in February and she loved it each time.... The music, the 180 screen and the ambiance is relaxing and fun at the same time.

She also loves the Nemo ride (which is usually a walk-on ride- no need for a fastpass) and she adored the Donald Duck ride in Mexico, too. We rode both of those multiple times without the need for a fastpass. Can you tell that we love Epcot. It's our favorite park...
Seriously though, they will certainly enjoy whatever you all do!
I hope you have a wonderful trip!

momof1princess

Our daughter was 6 on our last trip and became addicted to meeting characters and collecting autographs. We waited in a lot of lines but that book is one of her favorite souvenirs, along with her pressed penny collection. If you get into the pennies, Google the website that keeps a list of the machine locations.

Bryan Slater

Original Poster
Our daughter was 6 on our last trip and became addicted to meeting characters and collecting autographs. We waited in a lot of lines but that book is one of her favorite souvenirs, along with her pressed penny collection. If you get into the pennies, Google the website that keeps a list of the machine locations.
Thank you. Will do

DizneyPryncess

My daughter is 4, and my son is 1. My daughter was at the park at ages 2 & 3 also. Her favorite shows & rides are

MK: Philharmagic (loved this at 2.5 also!), Peter Pan, Jungle Cruise, Splash Mountain (she loves coasters and is tall!), 7DMT, the carousel (popular w/both my kids!), Enchanted Tales with Belle (One of my 4 year olds favorite things), Little Mermaid, Wishes & the MSEP.

Epcot: Soarin is my 4 year olds favorite ride here. She also loves Spaceship Earth & the choose your own ending. Doing all the kidcot stations and decorating the bear was a highlight of our last trip. She really enjoyed that, and having the passport stamped. And of course IllumiNations.

DHS: Disney Jr. Live on Stage, all the meet & greets w/the Disney Jr. Characters, Toy Story Midway Mania. Fantasmic was too intense for my daughter, but all kids are different and others would be just fine with it.

DAK: We only went here when my daughter was 2 and my son wasn't born yet. She liked the safari, and seeing all the animals but it was very crowded and we didn't get to do very much so I can't comment much. Lion King was closed at the time, but I think that would be quite popular with kids.

One of my daughter's favorite things to do outside of the parks is the afternoon tea at the Grand Floridian. She thinks it's fun to dress up and get tea with me & her grandmother when she's there with us. That's a fun afternoon activity outside of the parks. Another fun thing we did was the Pirate & Pals Fireworks Voyage. I could go on & on about how much fun that was, I'd definitely like to go again when my son is older!

Bryan Slater

Original Poster
My daughter is 4, and my son is 1. My daughter was at the park at ages 2 & 3 also. Her favorite shows & rides are

MK: Philharmagic (loved this at 2.5 also!), Peter Pan, Jungle Cruise, Splash Mountain (she loves coasters and is tall!), 7DMT, the carousel (popular w/both my kids!), Enchanted Tales with Belle (One of my 4 year olds favorite things), Little Mermaid, Wishes & the MSEP.

Epcot: Soarin is my 4 year olds favorite ride here. She also loves Spaceship Earth & the choose your own ending. Doing all the kidcot stations and decorating the bear was a highlight of our last trip. She really enjoyed that, and having the passport stamped. And of course IllumiNations.

DHS: Disney Jr. Live on Stage, all the meet & greets w/the Disney Jr. Characters, Toy Story Midway Mania. Fantasmic was too intense for my daughter, but all kids are different and others would be just fine with it.

DAK: We only went here when my daughter was 2 and my son wasn't born yet. She liked the safari, and seeing all the animals but it was very crowded and we didn't get to do very much so I can't comment much. Lion King was closed at the time, but I think that would be quite popular with kids.

One of my daughter's favorite things to do outside of the parks is the afternoon tea at the Grand Floridian. She thinks it's fun to dress up and get tea with me & her grandmother when she's there with us. That's a fun afternoon activity outside of the parks. Another fun thing we did was the Pirate & Pals Fireworks Voyage. I could go on & on about how much fun that was, I'd definitely like to go again when my son is older!
How did you like the Pirates and Pal voyage? I have that scheduled for 7-8. It's the only place to meet Captain Hook and my smee. Thank you for all the tips to.

DizneyPryncess

How did you like the Pirates and Pal voyage? I have that scheduled for 7-8. It's the only place to meet Captain Hook and my smee. Thank you for all the tips to.

We LOVED it! My biggest tip is to get in line for Captain Hook & Smee right away. That line backs up, and some people spent the entire pre-party standing in line. We were second in line, and then we really felt like we could take our time after we met them. The gold coins in the treasure chest are delicious, and the cake is also. There was plenty of both and then some for everyone on our cruise. There's tons of snacks and drinks, it's a lot of fun. The cruise itself is really entertaining - our captain was funny. They play trivia and have sing a longs and hand out prizes to the kids. I thought it was worth it, we will for sure do it again eventually. Have fun!

Bryan Slater

Original Poster
We LOVED it! My biggest tip is to get in line for Captain Hook & Smee right away. That line backs up, and some people spent the entire pre-party standing in line. We were second in line, and then we really felt like we could take our time after we met them. The gold coins in the treasure chest are delicious, and the cake is also. There was plenty of both and then some for everyone on our cruise. There's tons of snacks and drinks, it's a lot of fun. The cruise itself is really entertaining - our captain was funny. They play trivia and have sing a longs and hand out prizes to the kids. I thought it was worth it, we will for sure do it again eventually. Have fun!
Thank you for the info. It really does help out.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom