What are some "Traditions" Your Family has when you go on a Disney Vacation?

Smooth

Hmmm... Disney Traditions:
Complain about how crowded it is
Complain about the long lines
Complain about how hot it is
Complain about the rain every day
Complain about the food
Complain about the Brazilian tourists
Complain about attractions being down
Complain about the high prices
Plan our next trip
;)

Last edited:
Our Disney traditions:

- Sit on the beach and watch the fireworks (oops can't do that anymore, alligators)
- Wishes (oops, they're doing away with that)
- Night time parade at Magic Kingdom, Electric Light or Spectra Magic (no more parade due to 'budget' constraints)
- Osbourne Lights at Hollywood Studios (not there either, probably cost too much...)
- View the Sorcerer's Hat at Hollywood Studios (removed to make room for a dance stage)

oh well.... that old saying... money talks....etc...

parkhopper1213

I should probably explain more...
Are there things your family just HAS to do at least once before you head back home? Maybe you always eat at a certain restaurant or do a certain ride? Maybe you have a signature pose with a special character and have to get a picture! Or you all wear matching hats every time you visit! What's something that your family always does, that makes the vacation complete?

My family is my father, mother, and I. One time I went with my grandparents, but every other time it's just been Mom, Dad, and Andie. We've gone I think 12 times in my life and have "Disney Traditions" we always take part in every time we visit.

1) Our first day at Disney, we ALWAYS have our first dinner at The Rainforest Cafe. We used to have one not too far from our house, and we'd go for everyone's birthday and anniversary, so forth and so on, but it closed down when I was 5, so we do it at Disney instead now haha.
2) Our last breakfast, we ALWAYS eat at 'Ohana. I don't know how this started, or why, but I can't think of a single trip where my last breakfast wasn't with Lilo, Stitch, Mickey, and Pluto.
3) Splash Mountain is my mom's favorite ride, and one of our favorite movies is The Emperor's New Groove, so when I was 9, I got the idea to yell "PULL THE LEVER, KRONK!" Right before the big drop on Splash Mountain. Now every time we ride it, we all yell "PULL THE LEVER, KRONK!"
4) When I was 2 and we dinner at the Garden Grill for the first time, we got a picture of me kissing Mickey's nose. Then, Chip and Dale came back to our table at the same time and Chip kissed my left cheek, Dale got the right and we took another picture. Skip to, now every time we see Mickey and Chip and Dale, we recreate those pictures.

So what does your family do at Disney World? What are your favorite things that you never miss?
Disney took away our tradition. For over 12 years we celebrated the holidays by going to the Osborne lights. We went back to WDW over the holidays to see if we could start a new tradition. Nothing clicked yet.

Kate Alan

- Dumbo and Peter Pan are our first rides in MK
- Must ride Haunted Mansion until Ezra is the ghost following us home
- Eat at Flying Fish Cafe (which may no longer be the case - we always went for the snapper, which is no longer there)
- trick our mother onto both Everest and RnRC, since she doesn't do roller coasters but invariably forgets which rides are which...so we lie right up until we're all strapped in
- ride Star Tours repeatedly in a loop as long as wait times allow us (I think our record was 12 times)
- get a Mickey Bar
- eat lunch at Cosmic Rays and see Sonny Eclipse
- get a picture with Pooh Bear
- When we were little the three of us siblings were able to go to the Emporium on Main Street and each pick out a small stuffed animal to bring home with us.

jmenjes

First full day at the parks is at the MK, as as the last full day I spend at the parks. Traditional final ride is the TTA.

Rebel_

Enh - the only thing we do consistently is get up 180 days in advance to grab pre-open ADR's.
After that it's a new experience each trip.

parkhopper1213

Disney took away our tradition. For over 12 years we celebrated the holidays by going to the Osborne lights. We went back to WDW over the holidays to see if we could start a new tradition. Nothing clicked yet.
I am confused. Why wouldn't seeing the Osborne lights qualify as a must do tradition. We went every holiday season for 12 years to be a part of the light experience. Sadly, its gone and we will have to create new memories. Jingle Jam didn't cut it.

SAV

The only tradition we have is to buy a Christmas ornament and a magnet with the year on it.

Otherwise it is new and exciting each trip.

beertiki

I show up miserable. Complaining about everything, then go home broke and miserable. Then I spend way to much time on this website, complaining even more. Some of you seem to enjoy it so much so I go again, because maybe my opinion has changed, or I just need more examples to post here of how miserable and expensive everything is.

Just kidding. I get drunk and happy at Epcot. We joke that one day my wife will have to push me out in a chair. Disney is the tradition, it evolves, but we have such a history of good memories, it's impossible to try and duplicate them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom